We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Spirit Animal Options

Mustelid
#21 Posted : 3/11/2013 9:42:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do feel that animal spirits can come to help you at different times and they might be of different species, maybe you'll have the same one.

There is separate concept of an animal that isn't so much as helper as your identity, perhaps a projection like an avatar, possibly deeper.

I think the term totem is used, though I believe traditionally totem denoted an animal symbol that a particular tribe shared.

Different animal spirits have come into my lives at different times, to teach or warn me about specific situations. When this happens, I might get a fascination of that species, or seem to see a flood of synchronicity involving that animal.

There is another personal concept of the animal self.

It' a hard concept to explain, it's not that I feel that I am really an animal trapped in a human body. I fully acknowledge that I'm human. Maybe I have been an animal in a past life, though my concept of time doesn't quite jibe with reincarnation, I don't believe in belief enough to discount anything entirely. Maybe it's just a deep connection of some type, but though I'm human, my astral form isn't if that makes any sense.

Some people I've met have an animal self, some don't.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

nicechrisman
#22 Posted : 3/11/2013 2:36:37 PM

Kin

Ms. Munki wrote:
so i have to wait for it to come to me... as opposed to trying to summon it...

I wouldn't think of it so much as summoning, but it native american traditions, they would use various ways to overcome the conscious mind to allow visions such as this to come through. Fasting, sleep depravation, repetitive drumming/dancing, hallucinogens. They would basically continue until granted a vision.
Nagdeo

Gone-and-Back
#23 Posted : 3/11/2013 5:39:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Like Drob said, animal guides come to you. Sometimes its at the least expected time. I encountered a wolf once on a vaped dmt session, and it had tried to communicate with me. However, for some reason its message could not get through to me, but I could feel that it was trying to send me a message of some sort. I guess I will never know what it wanted to show me unless it comes back and I am able to receive its message.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Psychelectric
#24 Posted : 3/11/2013 8:08:12 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

My dog had a third eye while I was walking around outside on a 5 gram mushroom trip. I thought of her as my spirit guide.

Though as far as spirit animals go. I have always had favorite animals, cuttlefish, stingrays, coyotes, foxes, hyenas, otters, thorny devils, chameleons, alligators, deer, bears, humans ect. but my favorite animal oddly enough is a crow, both for its symbolic significance and the fact that crows are really smart. Also the mythological storm crow, a crow that heralds storms seems pretty cool to me. Either way I say just pick an animal that resonates with you and call it your spirit animal, why not. Create your own mythology.

Unless you want to wait for an animal to come to you in a dream or a drug trip, that works too.

If I'm not mistaken, the peyote using Native Americans use a mythical blue deer as their spirit animal I think everywhere the blue deer steps a peyote button grows. I think that's the myth if I remember it correctly, though don't quote me, I'm not totally sure.
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

PREV12