We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How often to journey? Options

allred
#1 Posted : 3/7/2013 11:21:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ive never been a person who likes to use substances too often. Even when I used to smoke cannabis, I only did so a couple of times per month.But now that Im starting with DMT, I find myself drawn to use it more often, maybe several times per week. Since the trips are so brief (a) it doesnt really cut into my day or stop me from accomplishing the things I need to do, and (b) I seem to need multiple repeated exposures to figure out what I am experiencing. (At this point I am always aiming for breakthrough.)
On the other hand I dont want to push it and burn out prematurely. So Im curious what people here have found to be the right amount. Im sure that in the end Ill just have to experiment and see what feels right for myself, but Im interested in hearing other people's experiences about when burn-out tends to set in.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pup Tentacle
#2 Posted : 3/7/2013 11:30:55 PM

lettuce

I know the exact feeling.

Quote:

Ive never been a person who likes to use substances too often.

If this is your general demeanor - you probably will be fine. It was very alluring for me at first as well.

When I first discovered spice, I think I took little trips almost every other day for the first week and a half. Then a voice in one trip said "ok, you've had your fun, time to be more thoughtful about this whole enterprise".

I came back from that and have just been happy to do it a couple time a month since - although there was a span of about 6 months after a loved one's death where I had no inclination to smoalk at all. Just got back around to it at the end of January in fact.

Hope that helps

Peace & Blessings

Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Tranquil
#3 Posted : 3/8/2013 1:32:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would think or rationalize that ''burn out'', as you put it, is entirely subjective. What can be one person's ''burn out'' can be another person's normal usage. Since you seem to describe yourself as not someone who tends to over use, does it make sense to you that you would over use DMT? It's not addictive.....

If you feel you are needing to return to DMT over a course of period of time that seems more frequent than is normally comfortable for you; according to your past experience with mind altering substances, than perhaps give some time to reflect on your reasons for doing so. Perhaps you have a pre-set expectation of the journey that has not been fulfilled? Or that you have a question you have not had answered to your satisfaction?

Maybe reflecting or meditating on your reasons for going back to DMT might give you some enlightenment....or it could be that you gain enjoyment from it and your brain and body asks to go back there again, I do not know. Only you know.

I, myself, have found no need to do it regularly, but you might have a special need/desire/wish that needs to be addressed and either DMT has the answer, and you are instinctively sure it will be found there, or, it is to be found elsewhere.

Akasha224
#4 Posted : 3/8/2013 1:42:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I asked myself the same question after my first journey a few days ago...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=41670
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

friken
#5 Posted : 3/8/2013 2:42:31 AM

I have gazed into the eyes of insanity and returned the smile

allred wrote:
Since the trips are so brief (a) it doesnt really cut into my day or stop me from accomplishing the things I need to do, and (b) I seem to need multiple repeated exposures to figure out what I am experiencing. (At this point I am always aiming for breakthrough.).

Interesting. I have been considering extracting/smoking for your exact reasons. I have had a handful of very enlightening mimosa tea experiences, but 5-10 hours is a long time to 'trip' -- very hard to plan life around.

Maybe you should consider an oral dmt session with a maoi and explore dmt for a 5-10 hour trip? I have generally needed 1-2 weeks just to integrate and recover from a mimosa tea/rue trip. Just a thought. I do look forward to smoking dmt just to see how it differs. I get the idea it is fast and furious.

Enoon
#6 Posted : 3/8/2013 2:50:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I think very often psychedelic use can come in phases. Perhaps you have a month where you go deeper and deeper into these experiences and then take a break to integrate them.

I see no problems with using frequently for a while, even for a long while, as long as I know I am integrating and using in a mindful way. Becoming burn-out is something to watch out for, but by keeping your eyes open for mental and physical signs of exhaustion, confusion or loss of direction should generally do the trick.

It's your journey, you set the pace. Just be sure not to lose your footing.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

universecannon
#7 Posted : 3/8/2013 3:03:02 AM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

just trust yourself, flow, and do what you feel is right Thumbs up

there is no pre-determined frequency of use that is 'best'. Everyone is different..and everyone goes through phases to

many here have used it daily for several months, and looked back on that time as one of positive growth. Just be cautious, mindful, and hit the brakes if you feel that its becoming detrimental to your path and your starting to feel too ungrounded

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Spiral Eye
#8 Posted : 3/10/2013 4:37:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I first started working with the spice, I was so excited by the newness of it all that I did it too much. I could feel that my body/mind/spirit were telling me to slow it down, but in some ways I was psychologically addicted, so I kept going. This resulted in even more intense messages from within telling me to slow down, including a few really uncomfortable experiences. Your subconscious tells you when you're doing it too much. Trust your inner feelings, they tend to be right.

*oneironaut*
#9 Posted : 3/10/2013 7:00:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiral Eye wrote:
Your subconscious tells you when you're doing it too much. Trust your inner feelings, they tend to be right.

From my personal experience and opinion, the subconscious is the conductor of the experience. When people refer to set and setting, I really think the setting that influences the experience the most is the psychological one, not the physical environment or ambience. Similarly to dreams, a simple shift in the inner psyche can unfold and play out in a magnified schema that may not even be registered in the conscious awareness.

Bare with me and let me give two recent examples and then I'll close out my thought on how dmt seems to regulate itself.

Dream: the other night I was awakened by my 14 month old in the middle of the night crying and being very persistent. Usually, it doesn't phase me, but that night I was tired and got impatient and even quite mad and frustrated.. I felt like shaking her! Of course I didn't and soon she went back to sleep and all was forgiven, not a second thought... now to illustrate my point. The next dream I had that night was horrific, I dreamt that my child was an undead zombie that was after me and I had to kill it to save myself, the dream was truly disturbing and was full of hellish themes.

There is no doubt that this was my subconscious feeling guilty, unresolved and self damning about me getting mad at her... something fairly small played out big in the subconscious realm.

DMT trip: the other day I split a 25mg vape dose into two hits because for some reason I was unusually nervous and apprehensive. I just wasn't fully in the mood. The first hit was fine, enjoyable and probably enough for that session. Buuuut I thought "might as well finish it"...as I inhaled and saw the big cloud of vapor go through the pipe I had a split second thought of "oh oh" and sure enough everything went somewhat sinister and the mischeiveous entities loudly messaged "oh, now your going to get it! So you think you're just going to come in here casually" and then hyperspace hit me like a freight train and almost got stuck in a dreaded loop... fortunately I stayed calm and let go and the trip came around to be fairly positive.

In both of these examples, my critical faculty didn't really become aware of the emotion and subconscious dialog that was going on underneath the surface and by not tuning into it and essentially ignoring it and treading forward, once the conscious ego was quieted and pushed aside, the subconscious played out in all its full glory.

If you're still with me... In my opinion, this is the type of scenario that ultimately will contribute in giving you a hyperslap or "bad" trip, your subconscious will know before you, the ego, will know that you are doing it too much. You probably would know if you actually listened to your subconscious, but as we tend to think our critical mind calls the shots, we often rationalize or flat out ignore our intuition and go forth anyway... and then are surprised why things went south.

Listen to your quiet inner voice and let your eager and curious ego be mindful to it. You will know when too much is too much, even if your ego is not willing to listen... in hyperspace, it will be reminded
You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!

*oneironaut*
#10 Posted : 3/10/2013 7:21:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

allred wrote:
I seem to need multiple repeated exposures to figure out what I am experiencing.

PS good luck with that one!
Very happy Big grin Very happy Big grin
You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!