We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
best source of citric acid for 5-meo extract Options

mayahuasca
#1 Posted : 10/8/2008 3:47:35 AM

Maya Huasca

anybody know the best type/source of citric acid to get 5-meo out of chaliponga?

i can buy powdered citric acid at the lab supply, but not sure if this is best.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 10/8/2008 3:53:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

citric acid is also a food additive...is slightly salty tasting from what ive heard
it's a sound

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 10/8/2008 6:37:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I'd recommend a grocery store. No need to go through a lab supply. It's sold for canning purposes, and can often be found in the bulk bins at many grocery stores and health food stores.

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 10/8/2008 10:14:04 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I had plenty of citric acid around me when I was working as a pastry chef many ages ago. As Entropymancer said, it is a food additive and I used it to increase the acidity and sourness of sweets. Any citrus or lemony taste in sweets/candys virtually comes from the addition of citric acid in them nowadays. It should not be difficult to find it in grocery stores.

Some internet suppliers call it Sour Salt. I am a bit wary of the name because it might actually be pure citric acid (which you want) or it could be sodium citrate (or calcium citrate) which you definitely do not want. Try

http://www.americanspice...21&WORDS=sour%2Bsalt

as well as 2-3 more suppliers if in doubt that what they sell might be sodium citrate.

Upon arrival of the product you can just dissolve it in water; citric acid should give you a low pH (at the range of around 3) whereas sodium citrate is very slightly basic.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

drainlife20
#5 Posted : 10/9/2008 5:33:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wine making/beer making stores carry a bunch of good stuff.
Thanks for reading my dream diary! I hope you found it interesting! LMBO!

flyboy
#6 Posted : 10/21/2008 1:14:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

mayahuasca wrote:
anybody know the best type/source of citric acid to get 5-meo out of chaliponga?

i can buy powdered citric acid at the lab supply, but not sure if this is best.

Do you have a tek for doing this? i have both chali and citric at home here.

11:11
#7 Posted : 3/21/2009 6:04:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also curious about a tek for this. 5-meo-dmt-citrate?
Psychonautical musical adventures

I am the Pickled Herring, raging through the streets of Aurangabad. Smiting the simian fortress of Agartha I fly with pan liners and garbage bags attached to my million tentacles of horrid putrefaction, eating souls and raining down corpses on the mighty city of Gruad.

Hail Eris!