We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
First bioassay of wild phalaris arundinacea of the year Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 2/26/2013 9:46:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I will start logging my bioassay reports in this thread over the comming few months. The grass is already growing here again and I have harvested a couple handfuls last week and completed one extraction, and a successful bioassay.

The grass I am wokring with is harvested wild from a coastal lowland rainforest area of the pacific northwest..lining the perimeter of a bog. It was only fresh new growth tips, and bluest phalaris I have ever seen. This was the first time I have harvested grass this early in the season s that might account for the strong blue tint, I cant really be sure though..

I followed a tek that AlbertKLoyd posted recently..no np solvent becasue I dont want to remove any 5meoDMT present etc..I want a true full spectrum extract for now. The final product is a small ammount of reddish orange goo.

When I vaporized a bit of it into the air off of a piece of copper wire it smelled of indole and grass oils..actaully the smell was similar to what it smelled like when I did that same thing with chalipionga extract.

The bioassay was very interesting. I only tested a very small eyeballed ammount for obvious reasons..smoked in a glass water bubbler. I smeared it onto a very tiny piece of passiflora leaf(not enough at al to have any effect from the passiflora) to make it fit into the bowl and smoke properly.

It came on slowly..the whole experience was very similar to smoking chaliponga extract to me..came on over about 2-3 minutes jsut like chaliponga does for me. A warm but very mild euphoric tryptamine glowy feeling, and then a sort of energetic shimmer washed over me..very very mild almost not even there visuals, again just a mild shimmer. Then I say down and for a while I felt on the edge of something really strong mentally, and there was a distinct energetic aspect. I felt when i sat there like my mind was empty, I would start a thought and then just sort of be like "wtf" and stare out the window at a tree, just feeling this tryptamine energy through me..then realize I was zoning out. I will stress though this was not at all in your face tripping like vaping pure DMT. I only had a very small dose of this stuff as it is. It is still going now like 20 minutes but milder and milder..just like chaliponga extrac does for me.

It is very nice and I can imagine doing some real work with this stuff..I can see it quickly ramping up in intensity with a larger dose though, with possible visuals/visions etc added to the increase in mental effects. It is definatly psychedelic..whatever it is. Not sure if there is 5meoDMT in here responsible for some of the effects or 5meoNMT, or both on top of the other tryptamines and beta carboline. NMT, DMT, 5meoNMT and beta carbolines were all found present in grass from this sam location in tests endless did..I have a feeling that the extraction I did at that time might no have pulled any 5meoDMT that was present.

I would refrain from eating this stuff for the time being..the mental effects do seem to me to be how a 5meoDT trip reads..some people might get freaked out mentally or panic etc. Be careful and dont take my word for anything. I am only reporting my subjective experience with grass from one area.

Later I will add a photo of the extract.

More reports to come..
Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

hostilis
#2 Posted : 2/26/2013 10:00:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good report. Thumbs up
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

AlbertKLloyd
#3 Posted : 2/26/2013 10:18:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lovely!
Good research and effort.

Have you checked to see if the material glowed, and what color it did, using a black-light?

jamie
#4 Posted : 2/26/2013 10:21:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

No, but I have a cheap black light I can try that with in a bit.
Long live the unwoke.

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 2/26/2013 10:58:10 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

jamie wrote:

I followed a tek that AlbertKLoyd posted recently..no np solvent becasue I dont want to remove any 5meoDMT present etc..I want a true full spectrum extract for now.

Can you link this for me plz? Very happy

edit: Thanks Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jamie
#6 Posted : 2/26/2013 11:14:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fourthripley
#7 Posted : 2/26/2013 11:25:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't know why the myth that 5meo is particuarly tricksy regards extractions and solvents persists; if only it were so...
My own work and examples scattered across the net suggests 5meo is perfectly soluble- and extractable- using the 'regular ' solvents we use for NN. In TIHKAL the recrytalisation of 5meo from hexane is described.
Seems to me the whole thing is a hangover from 69ron's attempts to defend the worthless Virola resin he used to promtote.
mistakes were made

jamie
#8 Posted : 2/26/2013 11:39:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ I was referring to limonene only not hexane. I have never seen any evidence to suggest 5meoDMT is or is not soluble in limo. It is weird that in my limo extraction none was present. It is either not there at all(while 5meoNMT is) or limo never picked it up. If DMT is present, and NMT is present, and 5meoNMT is present it makes sense to me that 5meoDMT would also be present, but I am not a phytochemist so this is just speculation.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#9 Posted : 2/27/2013 1:25:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pictures of the extract..

jamie attached the following image(s):
DSC05050.JPG (2,309kb) downloaded 781 time(s).
DSC05051.JPG (1,881kb) downloaded 775 time(s).
Long live the unwoke.

acacian
#10 Posted : 2/27/2013 1:31:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AlbertKLloyd
#11 Posted : 2/27/2013 4:52:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found 5meo hard to extract with standard A/B methods... same with Bufo...
maybe i am the only one...?

nen888
#12 Posted : 2/27/2013 5:25:21 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..thanks for this report jamie..very timely
the slow onset suggests that there isn't 5meoDMT..any mixed tryptamine extracts i've tried which do have 5meo are noticeably fast in onset..
NMT and/or betacarbolines do the slowing onset in my experience..

jamie
#13 Posted : 2/27/2013 8:34:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

does NMT slow down the onset of DMT? See, I have had people tell me that for them 5meoDMT takes a couple minutes to really peak, even though it hits really fast. I have had people say they go up and up and that the experience lasts about an hour till they are baseline again, and then others say its a really fast flash and your back within 5 minutes..so the whole 5meoDMT thing is just confusing to me.

There is some really intense mental effects with this stuff whatever it is. It really was basically the same as my chaliponga extract, both in effects, onset and durration. I guess the mental effects could be from 5meoNMT..unless NMT is like that but from others reports about it so far it doesnt sound like NMT feels like that. I am assuming the beta carboline levels will be low at this time of year..and it would make sense there is more NMT/5meoNMT than DMT or 5meoDMT I guess with it being so early in the season right?

I will have to take more to see if it produces deeper visuals/visions than the shimmer and sharper vision I have gotten so far or if the DMT is overshadowed completely by the other tryptamines. The mental effects are interesting though so far, but it feels challenging..it has a lot of the mental weirdness of mushrooms too which is another thing I get with chaliponga..an alien feeling.
Long live the unwoke.

anrchy
#14 Posted : 2/27/2013 4:22:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome. Keep us updated with any further results.
Open your Mind (â’¶) Please read my DMT vaping guide (â’¶) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

jamie
#15 Posted : 2/27/2013 10:41:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I should add here that there is a stimulation after the other effects wear off that I dont like. Every time I have assayed with the wild arundinacea extracts(all from this area) I have experienced this..even 6 hours hours after it was present to some degree and gave way to a headache. This may be due to beta carbolines present I cannot say, but there was high levels of beta carbolines in the sample endless tested from this same patch.

While the grass does most definatly contain interesting entheogenic tryptamines I feel like there is some fraction of the alkaloid profile that would be best removed, to remove this lingering effect. It is this effect that makes me very very reluctant to want to take a higher dose. The innitial "trip" is very interesting and useful I think, it is stimulant aftereffect that is the problem.

I personally do not like vaporizing beta carbolines. I make changa with a mix of plain passiflora and caapi leaf, and that is just enough to synergize the DMT..but anything beyond that has always been very unpleasant for me and I much prefer oral, snuffed or sublingual harmalas to vaporized..so that could be a factor here. I also experience a stimualtion after the main harmala effects wear off when I drink ayahuasca/rue that makes it hard to sleep etc. So this could be just my preference here. There might be a good ammount of beta carbolines in this extract and so vaping enough of the tryptamines to get decent effects one might be getting a large dose of beta carbolines..and these beta carbolines(6meo2meTHBC is one that was found) are not very well studied in terms of the pharmacological effect they could have in humans.

This grass is in my opinion a great candidate as a natural and abundant source of entheogenic tryptamines but I think more advanced seperation teks are what will really make it a useful source for more people. Please appraoch this stuff at your own risk, dont just go out and eat this stuff etc becasue you read my reports on it. I will not be responsible for the actions of other people.

I will be doing another extraction soon and trying to clean it up more with a fasi precip out of a np solvent to then bioassay again and see if that removes some of this other alkaloid fraction..I will wait a couple weeks between assays of these extracts though.

I also think I have found digitaria..lots of it..so some work there will be done as well at some point in the near future.

I personally feel like at this time we should continue the work being done with the known high DMT/5meoDMT strains like Big Medicine, AQ1, Aus etc and work on figuring out how to get brachys to put out viable seed..and just keep up the work with wild grasses on the side of course..the wild grasses are important to continue to study in my opinion but it also comes with some risk obviously. This is really unexplored territory and people need to understand this. I have seen numerous threads lately with people asking about extracting wild arundinacea due to the whole mimosa situation, which is sort of alarming becasue I doubt many of these people are willing to be the test subjects or do extensive research before hand.
Long live the unwoke.

Ilex
#16 Posted : 2/28/2013 12:25:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting this research, very interesting!

jamie wrote:
does NMT slow down the onset of DMT? See, I have had people tell me that for them 5meoDMT takes a couple minutes to really peak, even though it hits really fast. I have had people say they go up and up and that the experience lasts about an hour till they are baseline again, and then others say its a really fast flash and your back within 5 minutes..so the whole 5meoDMT thing is just confusing to me.

In my experience, 5-MeO-DMT comes on pretty quickly, but it is true that the "peak" effect hits a little slower than with DMT. If you combine the two, you feel the peak from the DMT first, and the 5-MeO-DMT peak second. The main duration of 5-MeO-DMT I also found to be a little longer than DMT. I can't comment on combinations with NMT/5-MeO-NMT.

The long residual stimulation effect you describe is consistent with my experiments with Phalaris grass. Something in there continues long after the effects of DMT or 5-MeO-DMT would have faded. And most of the time I only got minor visuals...

jamie
#17 Posted : 2/28/2013 1:19:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am wondering also if this residual stimulation could be gramine? I dont really know what the human effects of gramine are, but there seems to be more and more concensus that it is not a toxin as once thought..but I am not really willing to bet my health on it. Every time I tested these extracts I got this bad headache once the stimulation sort of wore off into a feeling similar to caffine burnout. Sucks too cus the innitial tryptamine effects were nice but I cant integrate any of it very well with that lingering effect after.

Im going to extract a whole bunch of this grass this summer and play around with diff teks for seperating the alkaloids..I am all for full spectrum plant extracts but not when I feel negative effects..

At this point people looking for an alternative and local DMT source would be better off just finding some mushrooms, unless you can afford a sublimator. The extract of this wild grass is for more unlike pure DMT than just eating some mushrooms is. It's probly more like a virola analogue once you get rid of that stimulant aspect.

I have high hopes for my big medicine anyway..

"The long residual stimulation effect you describe is consistent with my experiments with Phalaris grass. Something in there continues long after the effects of DMT or 5-MeO-DMT would have faded. And most of the time I only got minor visuals..."

Was that with a known high alkaloid strain or wild grass?
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#18 Posted : 3/2/2013 4:57:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

okay so I want to persue this still but I dont really wish to bioassay the full spectrum extraction again. I will extract a bunch of grass soon and try to remove the beta carboline fraction and the gramine..

Does anyone know if 6meo2meTHBC will crach out with a manske?..or some other way besides sublimation to isolate the tryptamines from the beta carbolines? The gramine I can probly just leave behind with room temp np solvents. I was thinking try to manske the tea first..then base and pull with room temperature naptha..

I have a feeling though that the beta carbolines might not come out with manske..maybe a base precipitation?

..and then clean the alkaloids up with a fasi at the end too.
Long live the unwoke.

Ilex
#19 Posted : 3/2/2013 9:10:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:

Was that with a known high alkaloid strain or wild grass?

I was using a commercially available strain, Phalaris arundinacea var. feesey ("Tricolor Ribbon Grass" from a garden center).

jamie
#20 Posted : 3/5/2013 9:39:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just harvested some more grass today to play around with some more extractions..and I noticed that the grass deeper into the swamp area close to the water has a deep red purple tint..some people claim this is an indication of high tryptamine content..I really cant say but here is a picture of what I mean..

jamie attached the following image(s):
DSC05057.JPG (1,926kb) downloaded 616 time(s).
Long live the unwoke.

123NEXT