We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Testing the waters Options

BobDobalina
#1 Posted : 2/28/2013 6:57:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, where to begin. I first heard about DMT about 4 years ago and was completely fascinated. I was positive it was something I wanted to experience, however I didn't feel the time was right. I still read up about it, not just the effects but the history, culture, etc. I understood that was wasn't just a "drug", but rather a tool. Perhaps tool isn't the right word, but it's not something to abuse but rather respect...in return it will show you many wonderful and positive things. Anyway I'm preaching to the choir, enough of that.

As I said I was highly interested, yet not actively seeking it or having intentions of making it. Prior to this I've smoked weed often for a while but rarely do anymore. I've also had limited experiences with psychedelics. Anyway I was talking to my cousin and somehow DMT came up in discussion, and a light bulb went off above him. He said how it has been a huge positive influence to him and he's introduced a number of people to it. Everyone he introduced it to has been better off since. Three weeks after that talk, he invited me over to do the same Big grin

I titled the thread "testing the waters" because I'm still a bit nervous about breaking through. My first attempt, I took little hits despite his advice but at least held it in to not be wasteful. I closed my eyes and the tension and anxiety turned to comfort and joy. Amazing geometric tunnels were around me in electric colors, pulsing perfectly to the music. I felt very welcome there and invited; although it wasn't a breakthrough I felt like it was a good introduction. I went back a second time taking larger hits, but passed the pipe when I felt it coming on (although I was capable of smoking more). This time I had more visuals, somewhat like Ganesh in the center with many trunks pulsating and extending towards me, but in 2D cartoon form. Everything was symmetrical as with the first time, and again very warm and positive.

I had great dreams that night, and the next day I did some more research. This time not on the effects and studies but how to go about extracting it. That lead me to here, and after reading through teks and getting some feedback from helpful members I was able to get some active extract. Now my focus is getting better at extracting, better yields and purer end product. I've introduced a few close friends in a safe setting to enhanced leaf, they've known about DMT as well and I felt it would only be appropriate to share.

There was only one time where I felt willing to break through but unfortunately I wasn't physically prepared. I was playing Spotify and took two big hits then this song came on randomly (radio mode)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

When the line "I'm gonna show you where it's dark, but have no fear" played I felt like it was a message. I got the bowl and smoked what was left (the initial launch anxiety was gone by now), but having not expected to want to go any deeper I didn't have much packed. I had strong visuals of tunnels with an eye in the center and felt like I was close to breaking through. At any rate there's no rush. I've known about it for 4 years before trying it, so it will happen when the time is right.

So that's how I got here. Sorry if it was long and drawn out. I guess I should type a little about myself as well. I'm a guy in my mid 20's and graduated from college a little under a year ago. Since then I've been making websites and have been able to live off that without actively seeking a job for the most part. I'll need to at some point obviously, but for now I'm enjoy the transition and exploring my interests. I also own a parrot and a number of aquariums so those keep my busy. I normally would never bother with something like this, but my interactions have been extremely positive on here and I plan to stick around the nexus Thumbs up

When life gives you goo, make changa!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Enoon
#2 Posted : 2/28/2013 10:15:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Welcome to the forum BobDobalina,

indeed there is no rush with dmt especially since now you know how to extract. I often found that even the lighter doses in the aftermath gave me a lot to think about or changed something in me.

Have you considered taking dmt orally as in pharmahuasca? The extra length to the experience and the addition of the harmalas to me make it more interesting as a tool and teacher, but everyone has their own preferences.

be well and enjoy the nexus
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

*oneironaut*
#3 Posted : 2/28/2013 3:53:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome BobDobalina!

I found my way here in a similar fashion and haven't left since Smile As you already know, there is no better resource for entheogens than the Nexus. You will learn A LOT if you take the time to sift through the threads.. search is your friend. I can't wait to read your "Holy Sh*T" report once you do break through Big grin ! It is quite a different experience then sub-breakthrough doses. I am quite new to this myself, I've had several non-breakthrough experiences and now with dose and technique down, the last three have been full breakthroughs, and they are truly mind blowing... as you will soon find out Thumbs up

WELCOME!
You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!

Jin
#4 Posted : 2/28/2013 4:26:50 PM

yes

welcome to the Nexus ,

yes there is no need to rush things when it comes too spice , i myself dont smoke maybe more than once every few weeks , i always take out a well measured breakthrough dose ( no matter sometimes i chicken out and reach sub-breakthroughs ) , however over time i've realized its best to smoke the full hit instantly in one go , this leads to a lot of satisfaction , infact it leaves me not wanting more for a month or so , with smaller doses i keep on wanting more ( and this wastes a lot of spice )

once comfortable with the experience i'll advice you to do the same , smoking often is not a very good idea , a good hit can leave one satisfied in a very good way for some time
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

BobDobalina
#5 Posted : 3/1/2013 5:26:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
Welcome to the forum BobDobalina,

indeed there is no rush with dmt especially since now you know how to extract. I often found that even the lighter doses in the aftermath gave me a lot to think about or changed something in me.

Have you considered taking dmt orally as in pharmahuasca? The extra length to the experience and the addition of the harmalas to me make it more interesting as a tool and teacher, but everyone has their own preferences.

be well and enjoy the nexus

Thanks, I'm finding I still get something positive out of the lower doses as well.

I am interested in pharmahuasca however I can not take it as I'm currently prescribed an SSRI. It's the lowest dose, and it's for social anxiety. I won't get into all that too much but I'm hoping DMT can help in that area of my life too, and hopefully get off the SSRI. That's not my only reason for trying DMT of course, and I'm not expecting instant miracles but anyway at some point I want to try it orally as well. It'll probably be some time after a breakthrough from smoking it.
When life gives you goo, make changa!