We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Message to new members (needs update) Options

anrchy
#1 Posted : 2/15/2013 5:59:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So since certain changes have been made to the forum I thought maybe these changes could be reflected in the new members announcement in the welcome area sub-forums. Suggested additions are in yellow, and subtractions in red. This is just a rough idea of what the changes should be so... Current welcome thread is:

The Traveler wrote:
Hi all new people, welcome to the DMT-Nexus!

WELCOME AREA
As you probably already found out, the Welcome Area is the only place where you can make new posts. During the period that New Members are restricted to posting only in the Welcome Area, there are no restrictions from them viewing the full content of all regular Forum areas. For example, New Members can see the entire contents of any threads in such areas as Suppliers, Ayahuasca, Hyperspace Tavern, etc. Clarifying, New Members can enjoy the content of all areas when logged on. New Members are restricted from posting in non Welcome Area sub-forums until they are promoted to full Membership.

PROMOTION
You will be promoted to full membership when you have shown enough maturity in your posts [and have received enough promotion votes from full members]. What this maturity is, is up to the moderators. [Full members] [To get a better understanding of what is considered mature talk please refer to the ATTITUDE section]

It helps to get promoted if: [promotion votes]
* A full member vouches for you
* You keep making valuable posts, this can be experience reports, helpful answers & questions, literally all contributions!
* You write an essay why you want a full membership, this essay doesn't have to be long or without spelling errors, it just has to be genuine

Again, the decision to promote you to full membership is up to the mods [full members via promotion votes]! There is no minimum amount of posts you must make or a minimum amount of time you need to spend here, if the moderators [Full Members] think you earned your full membership then that will be the moment you get your promotion [promotion vote]!

Kind regards,

The Traveler
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

a1pha
#2 Posted : 2/15/2013 6:05:37 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Good catch, anrchy. Smile
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

anrchy
#3 Posted : 2/15/2013 6:06:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Smile

not 100% sure how to word it all correctly but its a start. and if I missed anything please contribute people.

edit: ok so...

It helps to get promoted if:
* [you receive enough votes for promotion] <--- i guess this should be ommitted because promotion is a result of votes
* You keep making valuable posts, this can be experience reports, helpful answers & questions, literally all contributions!
* You write an essay why you want a full membership, this essay doesn't have to be long or without spelling errors, it just has to be genuine

Instead maybe:

It helps to get promotion votes if:

edit2: Also maybe adding in there in some way that asking questions in which the answers can easily be found by searching and reading through the forum can result in demotion votes!
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Parshvik Chintan
#4 Posted : 2/27/2013 6:52:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in my mind an absence of promotion votes is superior to demotion votes.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!