We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
First grow - first pins - wooo hoo! Options

Pup Tentacle
#21 Posted : 2/21/2013 8:06:57 PM

lettuce

Philosopher wrote:
What is the white stuff in your fruiting chamber? Did you use perlite?

Yup perlite... the organic stuff had some dirt in it, so it looks a little dark
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Philosopher
#22 Posted : 2/21/2013 8:10:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you still have to mist a lot with saturated perlite? My tek said nothing about that Wut? good thing they aren't colonized yet
We are surprisingly similar.

Pup Tentacle
#23 Posted : 2/21/2013 8:14:16 PM

lettuce

Yes, I mist and fan often.

If I'm gone for 9 hours of work and asleep for say - 7 hours of the day - I'll typically mist and fan 3 to 4 times and try to space them out as evenly as possible.

If the cakes look dry I'll directly mist them some. If they are nice and moist, I'll mist the tub, concentrating on not soaking the cakes more.

FAE is a big pinning trigger.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Philosopher
#24 Posted : 2/22/2013 8:36:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!
We are surprisingly similar.

epoe
#25 Posted : 2/22/2013 10:46:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This looks very nice.

It makes me even more excited about my jars. They're also my first. I inoculated them on tuesday, still not seeing anything happen but that's to be expected. I'm a little worried since the print I made the syringes from wasn't very good, and eager me decided that rice flour was fine since brown rice flour wasn't available anywhere locally (the flour I've got is a mix between brown and white rice).

Luckily I've got another syringe that I can use. I'll probably get myself a cheap coffee grinder and grind brown rice myself, the next time I have time, if the jars that I've got now don't work out.

It's really difficult not to check on the jars every few hours...Laughing

epoe
#26 Posted : 2/24/2013 10:24:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm relieved and excited. I just checked my jars and found small blobs of mycelium Big grin

It's near the upper middle, slightly to the right. It's a little hard to see in the picture, but it's clearly visible 'in person' as well as being directly beneath an inoculation hole.
epoe attached the following image(s):
a.JPG (55kb) downloaded 50 time(s).

PREV12