We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
DMT Influence in Architecture? Options

wiglo
#1 Posted : 2/15/2013 5:42:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello my fellow Nexus members!

I came across this image online, no credits but with the title "A Mosque in Iran"

I immediately recognized the fractal patterns and it took me back to DMT. I feel this is the best physical representation of a DMT room I've ever seen. The camera angle really helps, too. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject of DMT related themes in architecture, literature and art around the world, modern and ancient. Would love to see any other examples you might be able to share.

Thanks for the time!

Here's the link to the original post and attached is the image itself.

http://imgur.com/gallery/X05zx8x

EDIT: This image is of Nasir al-Mulk Mosque
wiglo attached the following image(s):
X05zx8x.jpg (357kb) downloaded 969 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Global
#2 Posted : 2/15/2013 6:21:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

It's absolutely stunning from the vaulted ceilings to the intricately gripping fine details. The fish-eye lens definitely helps convey a bit of that extra "sense" of hyperspace to it along with the vivid colors and clear sense of depth. Have to run now, but will get back to hyperspace's influence on architecture later!
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

DeDao
#3 Posted : 2/15/2013 9:12:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea, I'm not sure anyone can say for sure that a spiritual experience through the use of psychedelics was the cause; but, that is so beautiful! I would love to go..
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

wiglo
#4 Posted : 2/15/2013 9:49:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeDao wrote:
Yea, I'm not sure anyone can say for sure that a spiritual experience through the use of psychedelics was the cause; but, that is so beautiful! I would love to go..

Totally agree with you DeDao. Your statement makes me wonder if we exist in separate realities (cognitive perceptions, internal, etc.) that DMT allows us to see while still in waking reality. So imagine that these kinds of architectural designs, albeit they have been handed down and taught through countless generations, are the byproduct of either an actual DMT related experience, OR that we experience DMT reality subconsciously without us ever realizing it consciously.

Whenever I go in, I immediately see correlations to specific structures and art I have seen in the old world. It fascinates me and this is why I posted this here, to get opinions such as yours to further my quest in finding any, if at all, correlations between human works of art and the DMT experience... whether is be from an administered method, to just a natural state of being we are not aware of that DMT brings to the forefront.

Thanks for the reply!

lobo
#5 Posted : 2/15/2013 9:58:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that picture is from isfahan in Iran.

Wonderful achitecture

wiglo
#6 Posted : 2/15/2013 10:02:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lobo wrote:
I think that picture is from isfahan in Iran.

Wonderful achitecture

lobo, thank you so much for sharing, and you might agree there are a lot of similarities in Alex Grey's DMT art work to these structures, specifically the domes. I'm really starting to see similarities here and I'd love to know how and why.

lobo
#7 Posted : 2/15/2013 10:41:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always wonder if rue have induced in the art of that place.

Global
#8 Posted : 2/15/2013 11:00:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

What I think is particularly cool about the first one also is how the intricate patterns from the stain glass window are projected onto the fractal carpet so that the illuminated result on the floor is a combination of those geometries. The more I look at those pillars, the simply more uncanny they become.

In terms of hyperspace influencing architecture, it's a really tricky situation because it's very much a chicken and the egg situation. Which came first? The architectural structures of light in hyperspace or the buildings themselves which were then somehow imprinted in hyperspace. Because of the universality and commonalities of many architectural features across cultures, with their impeccable implementation of sacred geometry and such, it seems to be a very seductive answer to say that the hyperspace "blueprints" were there first. It is also interesting how ideal and proportionate the hyperspace architecture and "art" can be. You can of course see which way I'm leaning on the matter, but I remain open to the alternative, particularly should more evidence surface in its favor.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

lobo
#9 Posted : 2/16/2013 3:24:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes global, is difficult to answer that question... but i also remember a lot of experience of people that see maya architecture with psilocibe mushroom today.. and is a fact that maya have a culture with mushroom 1000 years ago. Is a very interesting topic, ...

DoingKermit
#10 Posted : 2/16/2013 3:40:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for starting this thread, wiglo. Here's another one to add to the collection. It is in italy, near a place that I have the privilege of going to every summer. Has to be visited Smile

DoingKermit attached the following image(s):
Italian DMT Place.jpg (175kb) downloaded 869 time(s).

Kookaburra
#11 Posted : 2/16/2013 10:03:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This synchronistically popped up on the internet earlier today. Unfortunately I don't have any information about it:

I think profound mystical experience is likely the common factor, rather than psychedelic compounds in particular.
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

anrchy
#12 Posted : 2/16/2013 10:10:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ya when I first saw that pic I almost felt the pull into hyperspace. I have a hard time believing this isnt somehow in some way due to someone who has been to hyperspace. It literally creates a sensation when I look at it that I feel when I am in.

There are quite a few of these...

Click the first one below for a larger version

anrchy attached the following image(s):
Sheikh-Lotfollah-Mosque-Isfahan-Iran.jpg (325kb) downloaded 824 time(s).
lotfolla--mosque.jpg (143kb) downloaded 816 time(s).
sheikh-lotfullah-mosque-in-isfahan-iran-dome.jpg (129kb) downloaded 817 time(s).
Open your Mind (â’¶) Please read my DMT vaping guide (â’¶) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

primordium
#13 Posted : 2/16/2013 10:14:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I demand more! Drool
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end." -- Alex Grey

anrchy
#14 Posted : 2/16/2013 10:31:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Open your Mind (â’¶) Please read my DMT vaping guide (â’¶) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

spinCycle
#15 Posted : 2/16/2013 10:44:25 PM

Life is Art is Life

I've never seen anything to directly indicate DMT as an influence on Islam, but the Sufis are a very interesting mystical branch of that religion. Well worth checking out. Much more in common with Hinduism than with our current association of Islam with the Taliban, etc.

There is a history of burning Syrian Rue as incense in Islam and the pre Islamic Zoroastrian religion, so I wouldn't be at all surprised at a hyperspatial influence. It is also said to have inspired stories of magic flying carpets. I would imagine if one burned enough in a confined space it could have a psychedelic effect. I don't know for sure if they consumed it as a tea, etc. but it would not surprise me.

This is, once again, my chance to recommend giving a listen to the music of Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn a Sufi singer of Quali devotional music. Wonderfully psychedelic sounds. Thumbs up

And those images are all absolutely stunning.
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

wiglo
#16 Posted : 2/16/2013 10:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow my friends, this is truly great! If anyone has any information on Kookaburra's post, the synchronistic photo... please do share. In the meantime, I will address some google searching and see what I can find myself. As far as the mystical/religious reasons as to how these forms in architecture came to be, there really is no real answer. Should it be irrefutably proven that DMT is indeed secreted by the pineal gland through meditation, shock, etc... this may have some sort of viability in the idea that mystical experiences may come from secretions from the pineal gland. Hence the 3rd eye. What is really true or accurate I cannot say.

What I do know, not enough research has been set forth in this search and those that were conducted were inconclusive. As Niel Degrasse Tyson said... and I'm paraphrasing his paraphrase: "You can't just examine a cup of water and determine there are no whales in the ocean. You're gonna need a bigger sample."

500[mosque.jpg (593kb) downloaded 785 time(s).

SKA
#17 Posted : 2/16/2013 11:00:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes! You share my passion for Persian & Arab Architecture & arts!

Here's some more jewels.

Samarkand, Uzbekistan. Looks very Persian-styled:

Sheikh Abu Zayyed Mosque, Abu Dhabi, UAE:

Abu Zayyed Mosque interior 1:

Abu Zayyed Mosque interior 2:

Abu Zayyed Mosque Birdsye View:

Such a shame that smoalking spice there will probably earn you a quick visit to the gallows. Razz We should really get this self-sustaining eco-community going. We could build our own
marvelous temples where smoalking spice is welcomed there. It is such a passionate dream of mine. It won't leave me alone.

wiglo
#18 Posted : 2/16/2013 11:19:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure if I found it but this Spanish Synagogue in Prague is similar to the one Kookaburra added.

DoingKermit, what is the name of this place in Italy? Would love to know so I can visit! It's STUNNING!

2244422174_56dbe35281_b.jpg (649kb) downloaded 758 time(s).
gallery_10126.jpg (454kb) downloaded 752 time(s).

Orion
#19 Posted : 2/16/2013 11:19:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kookaburra, WHAT!? Is that real?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

ntwhtyouknw
#20 Posted : 2/16/2013 11:25:31 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

Beautiful thread, I cant say that DMT influenced architecture though. The pattern is like the thumbprint of god. The fibinacci sequence and the golden ratio are found all throughout sacred architecture, though it is found naturally all around us first and foremost. DMT happens to show us the same pattern. In the old testament Moses was commanded to build the taberbacle according to the pattern that god showed him on Mt. Sinai. Solomon also built his temple according to the pattern. This is why all the great architecture is built in a grid pattern across the earth, they are following the natural laws of the universe. Islamic artwork has always impressed me much more than other more modern faiths when it comes to the use of sacred geometry in their temples.

Though perhaps DMT takes us to that spiritual realm I have to say I believe DMT was given to us by our creator as well as sacred geometry.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

123NEXT»