We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help Document DMT-Containing Plants Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 3/17/2009 8:07:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

The DMT-Containing Plants page has recently been overhauled to make it more efficient and accessible. Each plant has a box and the box's heading links to a potential page for each plant (to further elaborate on the plant's properties and methods of refinery). Next to each heading is a link to the wikipedia articles for each plant. Each box has a spot for a photo of the plant and body to list the active constituents.

The first priority would be to get a picture for every plant by clicking on the wikipedia link, downloading a photo from the page, uploading the photo to the wiki, and copying and pasting the file name in place of the "no photo" place-holder. I'll try to do as many as I can from day to day, but if more people got involved, it could get done quite quickly, and we could move on to the next phase...

...which would be to document the total plant constituents in accordance with particular parts of the plants and with reference to the source of info. This is the most important part, but the I'm considering the photos as a higher priority because the photos are more readily available and more tedious (and it'll give the data a face and make the work and page a little less bland).

The next priority--a much more long-term priority--is to actually create a page for each plant. For this, I suggest opting for "pet-projects." Pick some plants, and research as much as possible about them and get the info transcribed into the wiki article, but take your time with these and do them well.

I know that most people shudder at the idea of wiki markup, but trust me, it's all taken care of. All that's really required is typing or pasting very basic information into place-holders.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.