We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ethnobotanical testing journal Options

918glory
#1 Posted : 2/3/2013 4:23:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I have had this idea for a while and now that I have my GVG it's going to be possible! So my plan is to compile a list of ethnobotanicals. Excluding just a minute few that I wouldn't be able to find. I'm going to be keeping a journal. Each plant will be tested under the following list
1. Name. Latin as well
2. Method of administration (will be both vaporized and made into tea)
3. Dose
4. Tase
5. Effects
6. Negative effects
7. Duration
8. Afterglow

And followed with a description of the plants usage and history. And a short description of the experience.

For the testing each dose will be weighed with a milligram scale and the gvg cleaned between each use with ipa. During the experience a friend of my recently aquired a very In depth heart moniter. This will be hooked up to me for the complete duration. I myself know a fair amount of psychology and how and why certain things act on the brain. With this I will be Judging the experience. And making notes of the visionary aspect of any. And any noticeable mind changes or body sensations. As well I will be under watch and describing everything to my friend who's majored in advanced psychology.

I plan on devoting a week to 1oz per plant. Just as a general constant.

I plan on starting with dream herb but am still compiling a list so if there is any that you guys want first hand research on just post here and I'll add it to my list.

Also interested to hear what I can improve on or tweak my experiment to make it better.
Thanks everyone for reading this!
How ca this be!? It's utterly impossible!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

wearepeople
#2 Posted : 2/3/2013 5:03:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a template for experience reports that was created by Nexus members: Experience report template

I hope this helps!

Wearepeople
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

918glory
#3 Posted : 2/3/2013 5:08:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh wow will most definitely use that!! Thanks man!!

wearepeople
#4 Posted : 2/3/2013 5:13:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quite welcome!

There's a wealth of information here. Always feel free to ask the forum or send me a PM. I'm pretty good at finding answers on the nexus!

Warm welcome,
Wearepeople
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Legit
#5 Posted : 2/3/2013 7:12:35 PM

This is bat country.

This is a list that I compiled some time ago. Kinda vague, and isn't in your format, but I figure it's a good start, anyway. Some of this info might be dated.

Common Name
Botanical Name
Usage
Parts Used
--Comments

Wormwood
Artemisia absinthium
Thujone Source (Volatile Terpene, ~1mg/g to ~3mg/g)
Leaves and Extract
--Contains Thujone. Not for high dosage or long term use.

Mugwort
Artemisia vulgaris
Oneirogen
Leaves, possible extract?
--Typically used for Lucid Dreaming.

Damiana
Turnera diffusa
Base Herb, Mild sedative?
Leaves and Flowers
--Can be used as a smoking medium or tea. Little to no effects when smoked and very mild effects as a tea, in my experience. This could have been placebo.

Blue Lotus
Nymphea caerulea
Euphoriant, Sedative, Narcotic?
Flower, Stamen, Extract
--Said to have opium-like effects. Synergistic with alcohol.

Salvia
Salvia divinorum
Dissociative Hallucinogen
Leaves, Extract
--Effects hard to describe.

Coleus
Coleus pumilus;blumei
Psychedelic Hallucinogen
Fresh Leaves and Leaf Juice
--Freshly picked leaves ONLY (~2 hour expiration). Said to be mildly psilocybin-like.
NOTE: This is what I learned from erowid at the time I made this list. It may or may not be accurate.

Passionflower
Passiflora incarnata
Mild Sedative, MAOI
Leaves, Flowers, Fruit
--MAOI usage may be limited.

Kanna
Sceletium tortuosum
Sedative, Euphoriant, SSRI?
Leaves, Powder, Extract
--Short-acting SSRI. Effective antidepressant with mild psychoactivity.

Ephedra
Ephedra sinica
Ephedrine/Pseudoephedrine Source
Stems, Extract
--Contains Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine. Effective stimulant and nasal decongestant.

Iboga
Tabernanthe iboga
Ibogaine Source
Root Extract
--Contains Ibogaine. Illegal in USA.

Kava Kava
Piper methysticum
Sedative, Muscle Relaxant, Mild Euphoriant
Root, Root Extract
--Contains Kavalactones. Increases socialization. Analgesic, possible narcotic.
07:45:13 โ€นBonnéโ€บThe least interesting part of a psychedelic experience is definitely the visuals.

918glory
#6 Posted : 2/7/2013 6:36:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I don't remember as to whether or not I said this in my previous posts but I'll be posting in here as well

#1 salvia 5x. Salvia divinorum.
Moa. Vaporization and combustion (will write 2 effect reports)
Dose. Around 250 mg for each of these tests (scale possibly broke so I couldn't accurately weigh)
Taste. Hard to place. Very planty but quite Unenjoyable
Effects. Dissociation, deep internal realizations, the rest are hard to explain.
Side effects. Heavy sweating (combusted). Felt like my mental awareness was not up to par. Essentially I felt slightly dumbed down in a way.
Duration. Reality- about 10-15 min. Precieved- roughly 45 min
Afterglow- roughly 30 min

As most of you know the history and usage I'll leave those out.

(Vaporized) I used my gvg (great too. Been using it for herb a lot the last week since it arrived) it definitely took longer to get noticeable vapor. Once I did it was slightly harsh when continually inhaling. The taste was nasty as is with combusted but not as bad and didnt linger as long. I had mild sweating but heavy dissociation. 1 draw got me to where combusting a full dose would. Movement was not hard but was quite foreign. All the effects were much cleaner and as with most other things vaporization is my go to method.

(Combusted) this was my first test actually. 3 hits consisting of 3-5 drags each. Heavy sweating leading me to strip my clothes. Major dissociation. I was laying on my bed in the center and it felt as everything on the left side of the room (where my bed and body were placed my nose was the dividing line in he room. It felt everything left of my nose was free and normal. On the right I was like an invisable wall. I couldn't even roll over to my right side. The comedown was nothing had at all.

My results are all personal and will vary from subject to subject. All in all I have a new respect for salvia. It's not something I truly enjoyed. But I guess why was kind of like a pre flight an anxiety feeling? Through my 5 tests I've done with this guide herb there were no oev or cev. Will be doing another test tonight or tomorrow with a higher dose and will tale it all in 1 draw to see if I can get the full effects.

Thanks for reading. If there's any questions or suggestions ask away!