We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Coding as a means of burying culture Options

hixidom
#1 Posted : 2/6/2013 7:49:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think it could be said that modern culture is already thoroughly encoded with the many ideas of great thinkers of the past. I see a very close connection between encryption and psychedelics. It seems to me that, during the LSD explosion in the 60's, some people took their ideas to the streets while others who had family and careers could not so easily shun society, and instead found ways to weave their psychedelic experience into their everyday work. I think that this sort of drive for psychedelic encryption led to the digital technology explosion that is still expanding rapidly today. I wouldn't be surprised if psychedelics played a role in certain ancient technological explosions as well.

I've always wanted to write in code, But it just takes too much Time. It's like putting a Message in a bottle that Nobody will ever find when you could just put it on a billboard instead. The problem with such blatant methods of communication is that people don't Take them seriously, and for good reason. The beauty of a code is that, while in plain sight, the message is hidden in such a way that only a seeker Would think to Decrypt it. One day, The average person will realize the power of encryption To undermine oppressors by allowing for free communication between individuals whose passions would otherwise be confined to privacy.

Also: I know little about cleverly an adequatly masking decoding key.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SKA
#2 Posted : 2/6/2013 11:07:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This appeals to me. I seek a group of people to found a special community with.
But I'm looking only for certain people with certain intentions. Not just anyone will do.

So I've been pondering on how to reach out to those likeminded seekers in a very public, large way,
filtering out ignorant people whom I do not wish to attract.

Encryption like you described might solve my dilemma. But how? How could you reach out to likeminded
strangers on a national or even global scale, without letting EVERYBODY in on it?
(In my case for uniting a group of people and starting a self-sustaining, independant community)

hixidom
#3 Posted : 2/7/2013 7:36:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The way I see it, we already use such encryption/encoding consciously and subconsciously in art. How many paintings, poems, or songs have hidden messages/meanings? How prominent are psychedelic messages and patterns in modern culture? Such encryption is about evolution of communication so that certain ideas can survive in a world that is hostile toward real creativity. The thing is, psychedelic ideas (especially in the form of art) have not only survived, they have thrived over the past century. Otherwise, codes are used all the time, really. Slang, for example, is constantly evolving. It just isn't very systematic. When I see someone wearing a Pink Floyd t-shirt, I know that they know what's up. Big grin As a college student, I am constantly observing examples of future professionals finding ways to inconspicuously display their roots. As for all of the hippies from the 60s, they eventually integrated into society and are now hidden amongst the rest, but I'm sure that they still think about those days and that they'd be pleased to know that the fledgling movement that they were a part of continues, even if underground.

I personally like to organize natural objects into geometric patterns. I think the key to disguised communication is quantity. One pattern isn't likely to be noticed, much less decoded, but out of a hundred patterns, one is bound to be noticed, and it's only a matter of time before 1. the right person figures out the message or 2. people get used to such patterns, in which case the world as we know it has at least been made a little more decorative. I also recommend such encryption as a means of communicating with one's future self, because it's not likely to be effective otherwise (not to say it isn't possible). If I organize a dozen nature geometries on the path I walk to work, nobody may ever notice, but that's 24 times per day that I am reminded of the psychedelic experience, and that at least brightens my life a little. I think that such messages to oneself bear a resemblance to the pocket alter concept discussed elsewhere on the forum.

As far as an actual code... It Still may be a waste of Time. I'm not sure Any thing would come of it but futile Waiting for someone to Respond. It's just something I consider Now and again. Maybe You have a better idea For how To implement this.

I have encoding related dificulty often. but Im stupid.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

cyb
#4 Posted : 2/7/2013 7:44:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Great train of thought Hixi...
Really quite elegant.
Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.