We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
An important message from the moderator team Options

abc1234560
#21 Posted : 7/11/2010 2:30:17 AM

Steve

pau wrote:
Hey, if you want to kill yourself under the influence, try 5 seconds of "Need for Speed" on your computer instead. You might even think its real and that you've killed yourself, but at least you'll wake up the next day.

By the way, doesn't this thread belong a couple inches up ... on "Death- what's the definition?"

^ I like that.

If your under the influence, don't drive. The people on the sides of the roads don't want to run the risk of drivers hitting them because they wanted to drive while on something.

If you have to be some where, there are ALWAYS alternatives to driving.

If your looking for a rush or a to intentionally take a risk, take one that doesn't involve risking the lives of other people.. Confused Some people ..
I am not SWIM. SWIM is a fictitious character that likes to preform extractions out in space where it is legal to do so. Any and all posts by this user are fictional and are there for entertainment purposes only.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

kaleidoscope eyes
#22 Posted : 7/12/2010 10:23:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I sometimes find physically walking too much of a chore whilst under the influence of psychedelics than alone driving D:

^ my 2cents,

Oh & knowing quite a few friends who've had people close to them killed by DUI drivers, it saddens me to think anyone would take even a slight risk on driving (even driving during the 'come down' period for various psychoactives would be fairly risky.)
the fictional character, kaleidoscope eyes, resides in the sky with diamonds and cellophane flowers

DoctorMantus
#23 Posted : 2/11/2011 1:22:22 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

The Traveler wrote:
Hello all,

It has come to our attention that several people, mainly on the chat but also on the forum, have been talking about driving under the influence of psychedelics. We want to emphasize the fact that we STRONGLY discourage such actions, as they put at risk not only the one driving but others who have nothing to do with your decisions! We do NOT want people bragging about how they drove after taking this or that substance, and doing so will result in warning and/or suspension of the account. Please think before posting/chatting, remember that what we talk about is not just empty words but it also impacts other people, it might give new members wrong ideas, it might offend those who might have lost loved ones with such actions, and it gives power to those that want to protect us from ourselves and keep our medicines criminalized.

Secondly, we have also noticed on both chat and on the forum people recklessly glorifying drug use. This forum is not about competing who can take more drugs, get the most high, or take the biggest combinations!!! We sincerely hope people are more mature than that, and realize that we want people to use substances respectfully, carefully and in a humble manner. Those that insist in bragging about drug use and using it as pure ego boosting can also get their accounts suspended.

The moderator team

Very well said there are way too many negligent people, and i hope for new members they learn and graduate out of this phase, people need to understand this site is for learning and for new discoveries and if they wanna just talk about how they tried Spice then they should go to a different forum. i just don't understand how someone can brag about it, this is the spirit molecule not a drug, i hope the new comers learn that if they doing this spice that they stand for someone they stand for something a very large group, that is dedicated to what they do and spreading knowledge to other, sure people make mistakes and that is how you learn from them i would just hate to see it go down because of negligence.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Kartikay
#24 Posted : 2/11/2011 1:56:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
Hello all,

It has come to our attention that several people, mainly on the chat but also on the forum, have been talking about driving under the influence of psychedelics. We want to emphasize the fact that we STRONGLY discourage such actions, as they put at risk not only the one driving but others who have nothing to do with your decisions! We do NOT want people bragging about how they drove after taking this or that substance, and doing so will result in warning and/or suspension of the account. Please think before posting/chatting, remember that what we talk about is not just empty words but it also impacts other people, it might give new members wrong ideas, it might offend those who might have lost loved ones with such actions, and it gives power to those that want to protect us from ourselves and keep our medicines criminalized.

Secondly, we have also noticed on both chat and on the forum people recklessly glorifying drug use. This forum is not about competing who can take more drugs, get the most high, or take the biggest combinations!!! We sincerely hope people are more mature than that, and realize that we want people to use substances respectfully, carefully and in a humble manner. Those that insist in bragging about drug use and using it as pure ego boosting can also get their accounts suspended.

The moderator team

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the post.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

Cheeto
#25 Posted : 2/11/2011 3:06:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, as many know...DUI is no joke. A slight friend of mine's boyfriend just had a bad accident by DUI after an argument they had, luckly he did not injure anyone else, but he is really not in good shape. I would say don't drive angry also.

I feel sorry for him, but at the same time he is a prick for doing what he did. He ran through town on a mortorcycle at high speed through a 4-way stop, a car started to cross and saw him and stopped, he dodged them but hit a stop sign, now he is in an induced comma, and after two weeks still not all closed up, almost lost his arm, and hasn't been awake since the wreck. He was leaking brain fluid out of his ear, so there really not sure if he has brain damage or not, there trying to bring him out of comma now. He also dosen't have health insurance and last i heard up to 198,000 in medical bills.
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

Attention All Shipping
#26 Posted : 2/11/2011 10:14:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm really surprised any members of this formu would consider driving under the influence. Drugs (including alcohol) and large pieces of metal moving at speed just don't mix.

Mindlusion
#27 Posted : 2/14/2011 2:09:19 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I tried to play a racing game on mushrooms before...

Driving seems like a bad idea
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

The Traveler
#28 Posted : 2/1/2013 2:10:37 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Bump!

This one is VERY important and I hope that we all stay away from driving under the influence!

If not, then the DMT-Nexus might not be the place for you...

Kind regards,

The Traveler

DeDao
#29 Posted : 2/1/2013 2:15:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good idea Traveler! Thumbs up
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Hyperspace Fool
#30 Posted : 2/1/2013 3:48:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One would hope that this is common sense.

Walking down the sidewalk can be an impossibly hefty enough (and oftentimes very unsafe) thing to do under the influence of any significant dose of entheogens.

If you can't control your set and setting and idiot proof the space, you probably shouldn't be tripping. This is not just the obvious stuff either. One should really go beyond what you would do to child-proof an environment, as someone tripping balls can be so altered as to think many unwise activities to be safe and even manage to take normally safe activities and manage to cluster fuck them royally.

Use your noodles people.

Of course, to be fair... this is very relative.

People are different, and different doses are very different as well. What an experienced psychonaut can get away with on a familiar and workable dose in a very familiar environment says nothing about what his buddies can deal with.

It is impossible to be totally safe. Sadly this is true. If one only tripped in completely secure environments, one might have to restrict themselves to tripping in a straight jacket with a ball gag in a padded room in a bunker 1km below a remote mountain range. Naturally, this would probably not be any fun as those kinds of places and situations tend to mean that you are a lab rat for some psycho or another.

Hehehehe.

Just be cautious people. Think before you act... and if there is any doubt whatsoever, err on the side of caution.

There may be times when something unthinkable is going down and driving under the influence of something you should not drive on is truly the only option. I won't condone this, but if the alternative is certain death or something, it may be better to take your chances with the most sober and reliable person around driving, biking, or whatever the minimum distance possible. In 4 decades of tripping, I have only seen such situations happen a couple times... so most people need never even consider this.

Personally, I tend to be rather adept at many activities while relatively high. This doesn't mean I will do anything stupid... but I don't shy away from tripping in nature, for instance, despite ample potential dangers in wilderness settings. I basically learned how to skateboard and surf while higher than a kite, and can remember skating home through the pre-dawn still flying plenty 'o times. (not an endorsement) To be fair, walking slowly through some of those neighborhoods was probably more dangerous than skating on empty side streets at that hour. I was definitely more worried about the psychos, gangsters, tweakers, and other flotsam and jetsam of the night... than falling off my board. Any true skater is prepared to take a few nasty spills I suppose.

OK. Sorry to digress or even express some nuances that might be seen as counter productive... but I am of the opinion that when we come off too polemic and preachy... painting everything in broad black & white strokes... we do no one any favors. They will just put what we say into that mental folder where they put other true but overblown dictums like "smoking cigarettes will kill you" (which may be true, but certainly not in any immediate time frame or with any degree of certainty). Headstrong kids tend to ignore stuff that their elders tell them that contradicts their direct experience... regardless of how foolhardy this may be.

Peace Out
HF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

JourneyToJah
#31 Posted : 2/2/2013 9:56:41 AM

Free Spirit

I cannot stress enough how important responsability is with psychedelics, and how grateful I am that this community is keeping a high standard for safety and harm reduction.

Also, I can't understand why so many take so many drugs in weird combos just to be a veg. How can you feel the experience if you are under the influence of so many things? Just keep things simple, show respect for drugs and try to have an experience that makes you a better person Smile
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

The Traveler
#32 Posted : 2/2/2013 10:10:45 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Responsibility is one of the keys for getting our beloved substances legalized. Not taking ones responsibility means in my opinion that one is not worth the freedom to handle these substances.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Hyperspace Fool
#33 Posted : 2/2/2013 12:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
Responsibility is one of the keys for getting our beloved substances legalized. Not taking ones responsibility means in my opinion that one is not worth the freedom to handle these substances.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Absolutely true about responsibility being key to legalization.

Of course, I don't think that the "worth" of an individual is based solely on this... and freedom is an inalienable right that doesn't have to be earned. It is part and parcel of what it means to be human. I know many of you are not Americans, but even over there in NL, Trav, I know that some form of the idea that all people are created equal with an inalienable right to life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness is fundamental to your constitution as well.

The fact that we should have to earn a freedom that is not the right of another to withhold is appalling to me. Personally, I would rather have universal freedom in this regard and simply accept the undeniable truth that there will always be immature, irresponsible, and even reprehensible people around. Sometimes they learn from the error of their ways and grow up... sometimes they die or end up broken and irreparable. But for every idiot who wakes up to wisdom, there are always more idiots rising up to take their place. Stupidity is like the mythic hydra.

Anyway. I hope people take the opportunity this community provides as a forum where experienced and knowledgeable psychonauts can set the proper examples for the young'uns. That solid information, harm reduction and general wisdom get passed along to people who in times past would have had to go it alone or in the company of people even more retarded than themselves.

I am sure that the Nexus has been a net force for good. We can be proud of what has been accomplished.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

zombicyckel
#34 Posted : 2/2/2013 4:38:40 PM

Armchair activist

Completely agree with this, alot of folks have alot of excuses for driving under the influense. Remember that I got alot of critic in some thread when I said it was unwise to drive while one has smoked, or even during. The more sober one is, the better. Its plain stupid to make that decision(Im calmer when I have smoked and then drive, so I will. Ignoring that when shit hits the fan the person will be to slow to react when 1 second could be the diffrence between life and death)

MooshyPeaches
#35 Posted : 2/2/2013 4:55:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i remember having a bike ride home [after] a shroom trip and it was a beautiful experience on a cool summer night with afterglow effects, however; i did manage to freakout at a squirrel running across my path and i ended up crashing/getting a bit of a scratch, luckily i wasnt biking on a main path and there were no people or cars to crash into. now driving a 1000lb piece of metal at the speed of a cheetah WHILE tripping out... i really hope anyone here who actually brags about such an act realizes that this community might not be synchronizing with them...common sense people.

great thread created for the safety of the users here and common knowledge for those that pass through...and perhaps more importantly, the safety of this community on the web as a whole, nobody go screwing up this site for the rest!!!

Rising Spirit
#36 Posted : 2/4/2013 2:13:44 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

I wholly agree. One would think that common sense would steer folks away from doing ANYTHING demanding of our normal sense of timing, hand n' eye co-ordination or our perception of moving about int the 3-dimmensional world. The consequences are pretty grave. And who wants to live with the outcome of what could potentially happen while shifting into Hyperspace or even rising to levels of consciousness that lift us "high as a kite".

I feel that each member SHARES the weight and responsibility of keeping this forum sane and respectable. Seriously, we've enough working against us already. We need to work together to keep things clear and respectful. And so, we really all ought to think before we act irresponsibly (or leap before we look).

Perhaps this is an issue with our younger members? Most of us old dogs have learned the hard way! My first experience with LSD was back in 1977. My best friend and I thought we had gotten a lame batch of acid, since we felt absolutely nothing after about 2 hours. So, we decided to drive to a local fast food restaurant. Well... no sooner had I put the car in park, when we both looked at each other and realized we were a long way from home.

After what seemed an eternity, I started the car and began to drive back to my friends house. I got on the main route and within seconds, I noticed a State Trooper following us, bumper to bumper. GULP!!! Shocked

Let's just say that it was a looooooong drive to safe haven. I had never before experienced living in a world of raw energy and witness morphing dimensions before. I felt as if my whole working-set of knowledge, that of rational, ordinary existence, could melt into the mind-bending visuals I was seeing. Everything appeared as an abstract pattern, which kept oscillating and for lack of a better term, wiggling and vibrating at a high frequency.

What might have been beautiful became a journey through Hell, since I was struggling to operate a machine under the most unpleasant of circumstances. Fear, confusion, paranoia and high-anxiety were the proverbial crosses I had to bare for almost 20 minutes! I don't have a clue as to how I navigated through it all, under that degree of psychological pressure.

Thankfully, I was able to learn quickly to adapt to my perception of the road looking more like an undulating lasagna noddle composed of raw energy, than a straight line on a normal, solid road. I adjusted my mind to moving in exactly the same fluid manner and kept flowing with all the pulses and wiggles... and this seemed to keep us slightly on track and out of the hospital or jail. A dangerous place to be when interacting with the "real world"!!!

To this day I cannot say how I regulated my speed and keep myself from appearing to drive recklessly. It was a challenging lesson and I thank my Creator for guiding me back to a safe place that I could chill and open myself to new realities. Thank God! Thumbs up

I didn't need another lesson like that, absolutely not! And for more than 36 years now, I have rarely compromised my journeys with entheogenic medicines, by interacting with the external world or attempt to behave in any way that might jeopardize my or another's safety and well being. Hard, cold reality will still be here when we return, no need to risk a traffic accident or even worse. Let's keep it Sacred, people. There are more appropriate vehicles to travel within on psychedelics...

... like the awareness within our own minds.

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

VoidTraveler
#37 Posted : 2/4/2013 1:55:34 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

Last year I went tried pharmahuasca during spring in the park. I was one of the few people in the park and I had an amazing trip. At the end of my trip I wanted to hop onto my bike and cycle home but before I even left the park I had nearly crashed my bike twice into people or trees and I ended up taking the tram home.

Participating in traffic under the influence of psychedelics without a handler is highly irresponsible and should be avoided at all costs.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

PupilOfPerception
#38 Posted : 2/4/2013 5:30:45 PM

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Of course, to be fair... this is very relative.

People are different, and different doses are very different as well. What an experienced psychonaut can get away with on a familiar and workable dose in a very familiar environment says nothing about what his buddies can deal with.

One of my favorite things to do is take a sub-breakthrough dose of spice and go into the grocery store or take a walk on the street. I find that the only thing that's risky about this is that the ridiculous grin on my face may cause people to think I'm nuts, but I don't much care what other people think about me.

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Just be cautious people. Think before you act... and if there is any doubt whatsoever, err on the side of caution.

This is the type of advice that I would give, because it really does depend on the person. Although I couldn't care less about booze, and don't consume it, I know some people that, for a given blood/alcohol level, can articulate themselves and function far better than others. There are many factors that go into how 'intoxicated' someone is, and giving out dose-specific advice that may apply to one doesn't necessarily mean it will apply to another...
Quote:
...if you see that it is inconceivable that anything should exist, it is evident that at least one inconceivable fact is there. That is to say, that which exists is not limited to the conceivable. Since the inconceivable is there, it is impossible to set any limit to the quantity of inconceivableness which may be present in the situation. Now were the existence of anything consistently to remind you of the fact of inconceivability...it would be impossible for you to feel in the same way about the conceivable. ...if anyone were reminded about the inconceivable by the fact of existence at all constantly, he would sooner or later have the perception that there may be inconceivable considerations which are inconceivably more important than any conceivable consideration could be. ...if you do have a perception that any conceivable consideration may be utterly invalidated by some other consideration which you do not know, and if you are reminded of this perception constantly by the fact that things exist, certain modifications take place in the way you feel about things. These modifications have not taken place in the psychology of most people.
- Celia Green

hostilis
#39 Posted : 2/4/2013 6:53:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree The Traveler. Nothing gets me more angry than people that put others at risk by driving while intoxicated.
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

hixidom
#40 Posted : 2/7/2013 5:12:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reminder Traveler.

The last thing we need is a news story about a vehicle death caused by psychedelics. It's in our best interest to be completely responsible citizens while on and off psychedelics.

EDIT: Ahhh. You already said that.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

PREV123NEXT