We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
The Nexian Magazine Options

JourneyToJah
#1 Posted : 2/3/2013 8:20:17 PM

Free Spirit

Subforum for full members and higher - article contributers go here!

Hello Nexians, I have been talking with The Traveler about a Nexus magazine. I think it could be useful and appreciated so why not give it a shot? Very happy

There is more than enough info here to fill a couple of numbers. Also, cyb had this idea a while ago and I think we could use this as a starting point click me.

So far I have thought of these topics :

Topics for all numbers Articles for the first number

Cover: cyb on the job!
Harm reduction - 1 page - Pandora covering this
Interviews - 1 page [ The Traveler ]
Xtal pr0n - 2 pages
Extraction teks - 1/2 pages
Trip reports - 2 pages
Art - 2 pages - [ Poetry by Macre.]
Ethnobotanical garden - 2 pages [ Psychotria propagation by Ringworm ] [ Jurema - Vodsel ]
History - 1 page [ The Visionary Pilgrimage - Ayahuasca ]
Events - 1 page [ B-B-B-Burning Man Festival - dreamer042 ]
Tourism - 1 page [ Aegle - Visiting India ]
Environment - 1 page [ SnozzleBerry - Ecological Terrorism - part 1 ]
Urban Myths - Half page
Humor - Half page - Art Von D covering it.
Science - 1 page
Health & Lifestyle - 1 page

Anyone is more than welcome to contribute, if you have an article or an idea just share it. What would you like to see published?

*Questions for the interview with The Traveler here!

What do you think about it ? Very happy
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mr.Peabody
#2 Posted : 2/3/2013 8:54:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great idea! It could be a great way to stay up on current DMT-nexus events, especially for those that don't spend every available computing hour here (I know those types are out there!Laughing ).

What articles do I want published? Well, for a start, I want every article cyb's cover eludes to. Especially the "Is Trav REALLY and alien?"

God that cracks me up!Laughing
Be an adult only when necessary.

JourneyToJah
#3 Posted : 2/3/2013 8:57:59 PM

Free Spirit

That cover was more a joke, but I think its good for an idea to start from.

Oh by the way, Trav agreed to be the first to be interviewed so that question will definitely go in there hahaha Very happy
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

universecannon
#4 Posted : 2/3/2013 8:58:28 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I think its a great idea. I've been thinking about something similar

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

cyb
#5 Posted : 2/3/2013 8:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Awesome...start collating...
I'll be up for the cover...Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

voyaj
#6 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:02:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh boy,

I would love an actual printed DMT Nexus magazine. Dont know if you guys are willing to do that though.

I would really love a DMT Magazine that gets lots of interviews with those studying ayahuasca and DMT medically. Also, interviews with artists/architects/chefs/poets/musicians/ect who are putting their learning experiences and Nexian influence into practice. There is quite a pool to pull from it seems.

Let me know if you need help with design work.

universecannon
#7 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:04:21 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

there definitely wont be a struggle to find things to fill it with, thats for sure

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

JourneyToJah
#8 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:06:07 PM

Free Spirit

Thats what I thought, there is more than enough info to fill it ! It would be appreciated I think, it just needed to be started Very happy

We will see about printing them. I think everyone can take the PDF and print it themselves to be honest. It saves time and trouble Smile

untimelyethos
#9 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:07:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would definitely be willing to help write up some of the articles. How frequent will it be published? Are we going to start by digging up some of the stuff from the archives?

JourneyToJah
#10 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:09:47 PM

Free Spirit

We were thinking about every 3 months.

Someone please make this sticky Very happy

Mr.Peabody
#11 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:25:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that cover is a joke! Goll!

Laughing

Those article ideas are so funny because they are just shades from real articles.

Which gives me an idea, how about a humor section, too? Maybe not every issue, but there's definitely some humor around.
Be an adult only when necessary.

spinCycle
#12 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:26:09 PM

Life is Art is Life

JourneyToJah wrote:
We will see about printing them. I think everyone can take the PDF and print it themselves to be honest. It saves time and trouble Smile

Nice idea, my first concern was if it would be economically viable to print and distribute a magazine in this day and age (is The Entheogenic Review still being produced?). But I do like the idea of a document with interviews, etc... It would allow a little more in depth approach to some topics than can be achieved with the forum. And of course, some featured artwork from the members would be nice. Cool

I might have to stock up on some glossy paper for the printer.
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

JourneyToJah
#13 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:27:12 PM

Free Spirit

Those in front are the topics to be covered every number. The articles themselves are bolded.

I will edit and add stuff to build this up so please contribute ! Smile

a1pha
#14 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:34:02 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

spinCycle wrote:
[M]y first concern was if it would be economically viable to print and distribute a magazine in this day and age (is The Entheogenic Review still being produced?).

Let's not forget the risks of collecting real-world addresses of Nexians. I think PDF is the only option.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

JourneyToJah
#15 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:38:24 PM

Free Spirit

There isnt any real use of printing them and distributing. First of all its not made for comercial purposes Smile, and again I say, it is easier that you print it yourself if you want to have it.

Also, security is a factor, so rather stay safe than sorry.

Peace Smile

Pandora
#16 Posted : 2/3/2013 9:41:45 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I'd love to contribute, Very happy. My general skills are writing and editing . . . please keep me in mind if this gets closer to reality. Exciting times.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

JourneyToJah
#17 Posted : 2/3/2013 11:23:50 PM

Free Spirit

We are definitely moving fast Very happy

Things are getting together nice and I can't wait to see the first one out there! May be the first one of the kind? Smile

Vodsel
#18 Posted : 2/3/2013 11:28:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Neat. I would happily write a piece, gardening comes to mind. Maybe some growing 101 for a particular botanical? Salvia, Mimosa, Rue, I don't know. Although the word lately seems to be Acacia Smile

JourneyToJah
#19 Posted : 2/3/2013 11:43:03 PM

Free Spirit

Vodsel wrote:
Neat. I would happily write a piece, gardening comes to mind. Maybe some growing 101 for a particular botanical? Salvia, Mimosa, Rue, I don't know. Although the word lately seems to be Acacia Smile

You can write an article for the Ethnobotanical Garden section if you want. Any plant that you choose is welcomed Smile

This is great! I'm so happy about this Laughing

Kenota
#20 Posted : 2/4/2013 12:14:23 AM

Ο ονειροπόλος

This definitely has to happen! Perhaps a one-per-edition "Myth Debunked" section, half a page, to clear up misconceptions about DMT and other entheogens?

123NEXT»