We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long should MHRB keep Options

Bill Cipher
#1 Posted : 2/11/2009 6:37:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

without oxidizing or losing potency in a cool, dark closet? Is it better to store it for any period of time in a freezer?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

GirlsHateMe
#2 Posted : 2/15/2009 6:31:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I too am curious about this, swim has a kilo and is worried its going to degrade by the time he gets his stuff
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

VisualDistortion
#3 Posted : 2/15/2009 8:12:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could always turn the n-oxide dmt back into n,n dmt.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

endlessness
#4 Posted : 2/15/2009 9:32:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has an older than a year old powdered bark that he should extract soon.. he just stored it in the closet.. when he does extract he will tell here

by logic, in pieces should keep better than powdered..

SWIM thinks that the only degradation that would happen is dmt becoming n-oxide. In this case, it would not be soluble in naphtha, only in xylene/toluene/etc, and would come out as an oil. As VD just said, you could turn n-oxide back into dmt using zinc dust, if you can get it where you live.. there is a thread about this somewhere

pinche
#5 Posted : 2/15/2009 8:12:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A guy I once knew had about 56 gms of MHRB that he kept in the closet for almost two years. When he finaly did an extraction he got pure white crystals that were very potent. His yeild was a little on the small side but he thinks that was due to poor technique.Cool dry place out of direct sunlight. no problem.

geeg30
#6 Posted : 2/16/2009 2:49:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim has about 100g of Mimosa and 75g of Chali that he found in his loft along with some caapi (Swim always wondered where these went too - now he knows). He remembers buying it from Abbey Ethnos or Gnostic Garden in about 1999-2000.

Swim will do a few experiments but assumes most will be oxides and update on yields.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

extrememetal43
#7 Posted : 3/15/2009 3:23:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM extracted a year old powdered bark and it was every bit just as good as the day he got it.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 3/15/2009 10:24:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
if you put it in a vacuum container it would probably last forever.

weissewolf
#9 Posted : 3/15/2009 11:27:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM extracted 3 year old 1lb powder and got 3g out of it. Could have been low because of tek though.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

dimitrius_rexus
#10 Posted : 3/15/2009 11:59:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

geeg30 wrote:
Swim has about 100g of Mimosa and 75g of Chali that he found in his loft along with some caapi (Swim always wondered where these went too - now he knows). He remembers buying it from Abbey Ethnos or Gnostic Garden in about 1999-2000.

hey geeg, im particularly interested how your chali works out. as a leafy material id guess it may not hold up as well as a bark/vine
All of my posts are fiction.

Dwhitty76
#11 Posted : 3/17/2009 5:34:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim is about to do an extraction w/ bark thats about a yr. old.

Like endlessness said...whole bark isn't effected as much as powdered bark (which oxidizes more easily and rapidly) but mhrb is pretty stable. Even with old bark (thats powdered), the worst that will happen is that you'll get a little less yield but can still pull some nice goodies.

Just keep it in a dark cool place......if you can vaccum wrap it;all the better.

Here's the link on removing n oxide from bark, if you really want to go that route.

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=1553
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

clouds
#12 Posted : 5/14/2010 4:04:47 AM

Human

endlessness, did SWIY perform the old MHRB extraction? Or is the bark still there?

SWIM is interested in knowing if anyone has more info about this. SWIM is planning in buying around 500 gr of MHRB (not powdered) and store it for some time (not more than a year). SWIM is planning on storing the un-powdered MHRB in a Ziploc bag which will be itself inside a closed plastic compartment. But SWIM is not sure if he should store the plastic compartment inside his freezer or inside his closed upper-closet.

Is it really necessary to store the MHRB inside a freezer if it is already inside a Ziploc bag for less than a year (maybe even 6 months)?

SWIM has made up his mind and has decided it's time to get things going on. SWIM is hoping that storing his MHRB won't be necessary at all, but he is taking precautions.

SWIM will probably be using Naphtha or Octane for his first extraction, and since DMT N-oxide (as the FAQ says) could be the problem if a bad storage of MHRB is performed... SWIM wishes that he would not have so much trouble due to this. Just curious, that's all.

Thanks in advance.

Pokey
#13 Posted : 5/14/2010 5:02:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One of those nifty little vaccuum storage ziplock set ups is like 8 or 10 bucks at the grocery store. I did a BLAB on 7 month old powdered bark kept in the freezer with the air sucked out. Got 11 grams of fumarate, same as when the stuff was new.

Pokey

Ice House
#14 Posted : 5/14/2010 5:10:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

SWIM recently did an extraction, BLAB, on 1kg of bark that was well over 30 months old. The bark was stored in a dark closet at room temp, 65 deg average temp. The end result was 18 grams of full spectrum fumerate. Some was converted to freebase and then Re X with no unusual ammout of n oxide or potency issues. I think if you start of with good bark, it stays good for a while, IMO several years, or more. I dont have a big problem with the oxide, I actually like it. It can be converted though.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.