We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Iboga and OCD? Options

Neon Aurora
#1 Posted : 1/24/2013 4:37:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone. =) First of all, I've never tried iboga, which is why I decided to peek into this forum and find out some more information. This is the issue I'm most curious about.

I read somewhere that someone hypothesized that iboga breaks almost any repetitive pattern in the brain. Now, I'm not claiming to know very much about this particular compound. I've read a bit and seen a few documentaries, but I'm not particularly well versed. That's why I thought it would be good to start this discussion.

I read a report(I believe on Erowid) that someone had decided to try to use iboga to quell their OCD. This interested me because I used to have moderate to severe OCD, however I've used meditation and other means of changing my thinking to improve on it. I still have symptoms, but I'm now a functional member of society. So I'm not really looking to use it or anything, I'm just curious on what people know about this subject.

So, does anyone know whether or not iboga is an effective treatment for OCD symptoms? I think it would be pretty cool to think a compound could do such a thing with how much people struggle with OCD(I know I did).
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

marypoppins
#2 Posted : 1/24/2013 7:51:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Iboga CAN help with OCD.
It sorts of splits your head open like a sledgehammer hitting an eggshell.
Then it all depends how you put the pieces back together

you might check out the eboka forum for more info
eboka.info