We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Weed infused with harmala Options

NamRa
#1 Posted : 1/9/2013 12:03:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am planning to make some enhanced weed.

I am looking for a mg harmala to gram weed ratio that has a nice balance.

Not overpowering the harmala and bringing out the best of this combo
The weed I will be using is a nice natural outdoor mj.

Please share your ratio's

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

untimelyethos
#2 Posted : 1/10/2013 1:43:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aaah yes, "Caapi Joints"! At least, that is what I call them.

I have been using a 10x caapi extraction on multiple occasions, usually rolled 1:1 with weed. Too much and it gets spacey (imo you cannot have too much caap Thumbs up i). Sorry I do not have an exact science to it.

I find it a different, more reflective high - definitely pleasurable. I find it very helpful, almost guiding, during meditation. And of course, it is great for a walk in the woods.

Hope this helps!

Gone-and-Back
#3 Posted : 1/11/2013 4:46:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am interested in this as well, and am going to be extracting from rue very soon.

How exactly do you plan on infusing the MJ with the harmala? Are you going to dissolve the alks into a solvent, and then evap that solvent onto the herb? I imagine some of the harmalas would be lost this way and not all absorb.
Or are you planning on just sprinkling some of the crystals into a joint or something?

I once tried this with an alcohol extraction of harmaline that I had purchased, and it didn't turn out to well. I soaked the herb in it, but because I did not make it I do not know the actual concentration of the alks that were in it. I could of just not been putting enough of the solvent into the jar with the herb, who knows. I imagine just sprinkling the crystals in a joint would be the best route.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

twofourtwo
#4 Posted : 1/20/2013 3:03:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just smoked ca 30-40mg (my scale is wildly inaccurate) freebase that I extracted earlier this week (after reading this thread, big thank you for the idea) together with ca. 0.15 grams cannabis, some wild lettuce, a pinch of tobacco and of chaliponga in an emptied 'cigarillo' (I believe that is what these smalle cigars are called?). I mixed and pulverized the ingredients, sprinkled the crystals on it, and mixed again.

It made for a nice, peaceful and dreamy 30-45 minutes of meditation and a pleasant afterglow. But this is my first encounter with harmalas so I'd be interested too to hear some educated opinions.

Gone-and-Back
#5 Posted : 1/20/2013 5:42:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad to hear that just sprinkling the crystals onto whatever your smoking actually works. That is much easier then trying to disolve in a solvent and evap it onto the weed.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Purges
#6 Posted : 1/20/2013 7:02:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So long as its freebase, you can just smoke some harmalas before / while smoking the weed. That way you can experiment with dosages and see what suits you best. Personally I like lots of both. It's a great combo Thumbs up
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Gone-and-Back
#7 Posted : 1/20/2013 7:24:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How exactly do you get freebase Harmalas? I was planning on doing the manske extraction on some rue, is the end product of that freebase?

twofourtwo
#8 Posted : 1/21/2013 1:06:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gone-and-Back wrote:
I'm glad to hear that just sprinkling the crystals onto whatever your smoking actually works. That is much easier then trying to disolve in a solvent and evap it onto the weed.

But if one were interested to infuse the weed with a solvent, would the harmalas be solvable in aceton, as per the changa infusion tek, or would some other solvent be needed?

Edit: a thread with some useful information on the solubility of harmine/ harmaline:
http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=225096

NamRa
#9 Posted : 1/21/2013 4:57:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The reason I asked for ratios is because I was making this for a friend. I dont smoke weed she is not my best friend.

Anyway I infused 2 grams of weed with 0.5 gr fb harmalas.
I had feeling it would be quite strong in harmala and so it was my friend told me.

Acetone does not dissolve harmalas very well. Methanol is quite good and DCM even better

Gone-and-Back
#10 Posted : 1/21/2013 5:28:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
To get rid of all the salt, you could do a little a/b + precip + washing with water.

What method should be used? And I know how to get all the crystals by themselves in the end, but what I was asking is if those end product harmala crystals are in their freebase form or something else. Also, what needs to be done to make them freebase instead of whatever other form they may be in?