We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why bother breaking through? Options

donohue100
#1 Posted : 1/21/2013 12:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM recently extracted some DMT and it was nice, broke through first time. But as normal SWIM recalls it being astonishing but does not recall what happened. SWIM has broken through twice now and wonders what is the point? Swim and his friend are now smoking to the point just before breaking through and find it much better as recall of the lovely close eyes visuals is relatively easy.

SWIM wonders if there is a way to better recall the breakthrough or what can be taken to prolong the trip (MAIO) I think the class of substance is called.

Thanks for your comments.

Timothy

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

3rdI
#2 Posted : 1/21/2013 1:25:15 PM

veni, vidi, spici

i would say you need to play with your dosage a little more.

once you can remember a "proper" (breakthrough) experience you will understand what all the fuss is about.

its like this Shocked followed by several days of this Surprised and finally this Cool
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

lobo
#3 Posted : 1/21/2013 2:03:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:

its like this Shocked followed by several days of this Surprised and finally this Cool

The best explanation of all time...!!!
Laughing

Macre
#4 Posted : 1/21/2013 2:23:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Timothy, welcome back to the Nexus. A full breakthrough causes many many many questions. I find it hard to understand that "Why bother breaking through?" would be one of them. After breaking through, you should be so awe struck with a plethora of questions about "What the hell just happened?".

I agree that you should perhaps take a look at and try different dosages, techniques also. Indeed, recall does decrease rapidly, though this should not prevent your jaw from dropping to the floor.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

donohue100
#5 Posted : 1/21/2013 2:51:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:

once you can remember a "proper" (breakthrough) experience you will understand what all the fuss is about.

Hahaha great response, the first breakthrough I do recall some things and I was amazed and rubbing my chin. The second breakthrough I literally don't recall one thing. So I should just keep trying till I become better at retaining the memory. What are the other things than can be done such as the Rye seed and stuff.

Thanks.

Macre
#6 Posted : 1/21/2013 4:27:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Introducing harmalas is an option (unless you are on SSRIs or SNRIs). Ingest the harmalas using whichever method you choose (if smoking use alkaloid freebase, not salts), then smoke/vape the DMT when you feel their effect.

Another option may be Changa or enhanced leaf. This will help with dosage and method problems. If using Changa this will also incorporate a MAOI.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Pup Tentacle
#7 Posted : 1/21/2013 4:34:33 PM

lettuce

I know exactly what you mean. For me it's always been hit or miss as far as remembering. Even finding the lowest dose that gets me there - I can still experience blank trips. Harmalas have been the way for me... slowing the whole thing down... making it easier to remember and integrate. Although - even with changa from time to time it'll go to quickly. I'm finding a new appreciation for pharma most recently.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Macre
#8 Posted : 1/21/2013 8:06:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pup makes a very good point when he mentions Pharma. I consider oral DMT a very strong tool for learning and developing my self and my life. I like to work with Aya, though Pharma or an Ayahuasca analogue offer a similar principle. It's a matter of taste and what you feel drawn to.

I find Aya to offer greater insights and learning opportunities than blasting off into hyperspace. It really gives me what I need, it's a teacher and a great tool. Though breaking through is a life changing event. It is so bizarre and offers you such an extra-extra-extraordinary experience, that it gives everyday life a new spark.

There are many options, all valid. Give some real thought to what you want to achieve, and how you want to achieve it. When you feel drawn to a particular method, search the site and get as much information as you can, to help through the process. You are more than capable, you have already successfully extracted DMT. It doesn't sound like you are too far away from finding what you are looking for.

Peace

Macre

olympus mon
#9 Posted : 1/21/2013 9:39:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

donohue100 wrote:
3rdI wrote:

Hahaha great response, the first breakthrough I do recall some things and I was amazed and rubbing my chin. The second breakthrough I literally don't recall one thing. So I should just keep trying till I become better at retaining the memory. What are the other things than can be done such as the Rye seed and stuff.

Thanks.

Is it possible you had a strong experience but not full Breakthrough? I ask this because although I agree with what others have said regarding oral dmt being deeper and fuller, I just cant for the life of me understand somebody coming back from a break through wondering....Ehhh, whats the point?Shocked
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

jamie
#10 Posted : 1/21/2013 10:35:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have found "breakthroughs" to be pointless at times when vaped. What does that mean anyway? I have broken though with like 10mg before and had wonderful experiences and I have broken though with 30mg before and just felt really messed up and confused..and then everything in between.

I seek a coherant state not a breakthrough state. If I can have a coherant breakthrough state than great..if I can walk around my yard tripping in a coherant state than that is great also. I dont like the super high doses that are high for the sake of being high that make me feel incoherant and messy. Ego death I found can have have a coherance to it also..and maybe this is true ego death..compared to the times I felt like I had ego death but was just confused and frightened and came down not wanting to do that again.

Breaking through with oral DMT is just not fun at all in my experience. I think anyone who has really had that experience(and you know if you actaully have) wont hesitate to tell you how completely helpless you can feel in that state for the brief moments it lets you come up for air. It is not something I really seek out..not at all. Closed eye visions and journies are insane enough as it is with DMT. You better know what your doing when you start going through the portal with oral DMT.
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#11 Posted : 1/21/2013 11:20:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

jamie wrote:

Breaking through with oral DMT is just not fun at all in my experience. I think anyone who has really had that experience(and you know if you actaully have) wont hesitate to tell you how completely helpless you can feel in that state for the brief moments it lets you come up for air. It is not something I really seek out..not at all.

Thats usually something that I end up in by accident and there are times when I feel just what you describe. Sometimes it's just like fighting constantly without moment enough to actually take in the experience. Not so much a bad trip, but definately trying.

However there have been one or two occasions where I've gone that far in but integrated into it more naturally. I say naturally because I can't really decide one way or another, sometimes I just slip in. Like I can have nasty times with one tab of acid, then there has been a time where I fully OD'd but went in on no anxiety and didn't realise how messed up I was unitl the end. This has happened with RIMA'd DMT on 2 occasions, maybe it's psychosis? Who knows? But I've lived through experiences and been told stories that I can read back to people like I was with it the whole time. Just as fast and intense, but I'm adding intensity into myself rather than letting it beat me. These have been my BEST journey's by a long way. I know for sure though if I tried to get there deliberately I'd prolly shit my pants Smile

It's always the way.

Also if you're like me and you don't vape DMT often, breakthrough doses can be very worth while, but I still rather vape slowly over RIMA. Just works better for me.

â—‹
#12 Posted : 1/22/2013 12:13:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

olympus mon wrote:
donohue100 wrote:
3rdI wrote:

Thanks.

Is it possible you had a strong experience but not full Breakthrough? I ask this because although I agree with what others have said regarding oral dmt being deeper and fuller, I just cant for the life of me understand somebody coming back from a break through wondering....Ehhh, whats the point?Shocked

I have to agree with OM here.

I had been vaping DMT/smoking changa for a few years, hundreds of experiences, plethora of intensities, and while all these experiences tested my beliefs and showed me a world I never knew existed, only ONE experience truly changed me for good. After that said experience I had wondered what id been doing all this time, thinking that I had a sphere of understanding that 'is the realms of dmt experience'.....and boy was I wrong. Many here know what im talking about, such as OMs "Not in all my YEARS" experience, jamies talk of 'going through a vaulted grid of skulls into an actual realm with actual people via minx big glass bong', and anrchy's recent experience with 'being at the controls of god himself'. Once you have one of those types of experiences.....well....you'll know. Everybody reaches this point, I feel, at different times in their journey with this molecule, mine being almost 2 years down the road from the time I started imbiding.

All Im saying is eventually you'll cast the dice upon the board perfectly, and then, you'll understand what many here talk of. Smile

olympus mon
#13 Posted : 1/22/2013 2:09:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

jamie wrote:

Breaking through with oral DMT is just not fun at all in my experience. I think anyone who has really had that experience(and you know if you actaully have) wont hesitate to tell you how completely helpless you can feel in that state for the brief moments it lets you come up for air. It is not something I really seek out..not at all. Closed eye visions and journies are insane enough as it is with DMT. You better know what your doing when you start going through the portal with oral DMT.

so well put Jaime thank you. I agree 100%. Oral breakthroughs are rarely blissful fun events. They are still very important and relevant IME but often quite difficult to deal with ATM.

Vaped breakthroughs are often complicated with utter confusion and amnesia, but not all. The big ones vaped i have had have been the most profound intense but wondrous experiences of my life. It just seems the longer I use this molecule the fewer these type of experiences have become.

Dunno why that is, its just whats been my experience.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Global
#14 Posted : 1/22/2013 4:58:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

donohue100 wrote:
3rdI wrote:

Thanks.

The more familiar you become with the DMT space in general, and especially the higher states, the easier it becomes to consolidate memories through repeated exposure to similar (or the same) hyper stimuli like a child forming memory through learning language and repeated exposure to the same stimuli. Memory is much more expectation-based than a valid recollection of what "actually" happened.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb