We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why so many h2o pulls from acified bark? Options

halcyon
#1 Posted : 3/6/2009 2:27:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is curious why so many teks talk about doing three of four "pulls" of acidifed MHRB solution from the solid material. That sounds like a major hassle. SWIM has read that some people do 3-4 of these pulls (NOTE: NOT talking about solvent pulls from basified solution) and then they heat evap down to an amount that they can handle. SWIM would like to ask a couple of questions.

1. In the pre-edited Marsofold, he recommends a single pull.
2. In the post-edited Marsofold, he recommends using a 1/3 H20 and doing three "pulls" for the same amount of solution.

How about this?

Use three times the amount of H20 in the beginning, simmer for a few hours, and then evap that down? Any real difference? Isn't this really just an issue of solvency of the spice in the warm H20?

SWIM once saw a post by 69ron where he showed to about 10 significant digits the amount of spice pulled from a pH 9ish solution using DCM. The sixth pull was right around 1%. Would anyone care to guestimate or even go so far as to say authoritatively something like:

1. First H20 pull - 50%
2. Second H20 pull - 35%
3. Third H20 pull - 11.5%
etc...

So, leaving with two major questions

1. Why not just start with 3x as much water and evap down as needed?
2. What is the principle behind these multi-pulls from the acified bark?

Cheers,
{h}
These posts are computer generated. They represent the opinion of nobody, recommend nothing,
and should be considered completely useless.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

GirlsHateMe
#2 Posted : 3/6/2009 6:45:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

try to use the search feature, although it leaves a bit to be desired. I have a hard time finding useful info with it to be honest.

in the meantime heres this.

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=3800
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

smokeydaze
#3 Posted : 3/6/2009 7:38:29 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

halcyon wrote:

2. What is the principle behind these multi-pulls from the acified bark?

I'm no scientist, but I would assume its to get more DMT?

If you don't have the patience, just do one..

Problemo solved.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

halcyon
#4 Posted : 3/6/2009 3:08:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM, too, is hoping for a chemist to explain this - as Endlessness mentioned in the above mentioned post (which GirlsHateMe mentioned). This isn't about patience, nor about try-and-see. It is about WHY? SWIM doesn't like to take things prima-facia.

So, the idea is that a "somewhat saturated" solution dissolves alkaloids slower than one that is "less" saturated.. it is a start, but we can do better than that.
These posts are computer generated. They represent the opinion of nobody, recommend nothing,
and should be considered completely useless.

vovin
#5 Posted : 3/6/2009 7:58:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I am no chemist. But the longer you soak the more is pulled from the bark. It's not like the first pull gets saturated and wont absorb any more and that's why you do the second and third pull. You want to get as much as absolutely possible from a material. What I used to do is take the first and second pull and extract that first and then take the third pull (sometimes even a 4th) and extract those at a later time. I dont think using a larger quantity of water really would make it a better set up as the soak time would have to be tripled or quadrupled to really duplicate the effects of a mulitple times soak.Marsofolds teks is ok but there's allot in it that isnt really all that well done.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

smokeydaze
#6 Posted : 3/7/2009 12:39:47 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Thanks for the amazing insight vovin.

Did you usually find the 3rd and 4th extracts to be high in yield.. I wonder if even a 5th or 6th would still get a lil some-thin som-thin
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

CosmicLion
#7 Posted : 3/13/2009 6:18:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Five 24hr hot crock pot pulls combined, evaporated and decanted. Filled a good couple inches above the bark. I had some mediocre bark and saw low yields using the usual Marsofold method but once the extra pulls were included more was ultimately extracted, despite needing a little bit more washing.
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-