We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Petition: Re-legalise & regulate Cannabis for personal, medical & industry use in Aus Options

Tupo
#1 Posted : 1/12/2013 12:12:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After much movement around the world in regards to legalizing Cannabis, at least, on a medical level, I feel Australia is really lacking behind with virtually none of this being shared or even heard about among the general public.

I myself use Cannabis for it's medicinal value being diagnosed with a form of IBD, but am not afraid to say I also use it in a recreational manner too, and of course in a mature fashion.

I have been surrounded with family members suffering from terminal illness ranging from IBD, IBS, various cancers and other autoimmune diseases and believe the vast majority of them would have benefited from medicinal Cannabis, no doubt, whether it be physically or psychologically.
But this would not be an option due to being classified a criminal, going to jail or being labelled a drug addict and so on.

I strongly believe this needs to change, but it seems no one is doing anything and if they are no one knows about it and it is not really being shared with the public!

On 22 November 2012, the NSW Legislative Council referred an Inquiry into the medical use of cannabis to General Purpose Standing Committee No. 4.

The Committee will to hold two Sydney hearings, in March 2013. Detailed information about the dates and times of these hearings will be advertised on the Committee website following the closing date for submissions. The Committee is scheduled to report to the House by 14 May 2013.

That being said we have some time to have our voices heard, There is an online petition: https://www.change.org/p...ical-industry-use-in-aus

Maybe if we got enough signatures before the hearings, it would make an impact? You don't need to be Australian to sign the petition and you would be helping us fellow Australians out and we would greatly appreciate that of course Big grin

Tupo,

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

JourneyToJah
#2 Posted : 1/12/2013 2:15:34 PM

Free Spirit

the problem with legalizing is that then the government will put an THC % and producers like Marlboro or Camel will make pack of already rolled joints with theyre weed.

i think regulating is the best way to go, even though i am not an australian, just my 2 cents.
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

Tupo
#3 Posted : 1/12/2013 2:48:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey JourneyToJah, I had never really thought about it like that and imagine all the chemicals they would add in to our fine medicine! Do you know if this is how it sold commercially where it is legal, controlled THC and prerolled joints, etc?

With it being legal I would have thought more people would be inclined to grow their own, natural flowers instead of purchasing prepackaged stuff as well. Like using a dispensery, where you can buy medical grade and choose your strain/thc content anyway. Whilst ignoring ridiculous street prices that not your average person unable to work can afford most of the time and potential danger and being ripped off.

I like the idea of the dispensaries and coffee shop system. I do agree with you in a sense that it should be regulated, but I don't think nature should be illegal, which includes all entheogens, but that's more of a personal opinion I suppose.

I think it should be widely accepted just as much as alcohol and cigarettes are and not hold any negative labels, especially compared to alcohol and cigarettes. It is doing more harm that it is good in the long run that is for sure, and benefiting less too than it is helping people.