We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I can't find a Native American Church near me.. Options

DeDao
#1 Posted : 1/6/2013 12:19:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Guys.. I am upset. I would really love to find a NAC around me. I have researched many times looking for lists or something that tells me SOMETHING about where these churches are. I have seen TWO so far.. One in AZ and one in UT..It is really unfortunate they are not more available to responsible respecting people who want to learn more about the ancient ways and knowledge..

I am quite certain that I DO have enough native american in my blood to join.

I just read that you have to be invited to join a ceremony. This really stinks for the people who would really respect the ways but can't.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MooshyPeaches
#2 Posted : 1/6/2013 12:33:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just because you have to be invited doesn't mean to stop searching for a church (hopefully near you) and networking people connected to it

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 1/6/2013 12:36:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Depending on where you are in the states there are so many options. I think if your googlinjg churches thats one problem. Not too many native indians use what we consider a church.

There are pow wows, drum circles, and each summer the big Sundancer festivals all over the western states. Some are open to the public some like the sun dancers are invite only but non natives def get invites once they prooved their intentions.

Also look up native american medicine wheel classes. Thats the bread and butter of their beleiefs and many classes and native leaders are happy to share this with non natives.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

DeDao
#4 Posted : 1/6/2013 12:36:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea thanks. I won't give up. Just wondering how to go about getting this started.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 1/6/2013 12:37:03 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

03:30:37 ‹Saint Cactus› DeDao, I think they do it on invite only basis to prevent misuse.
03:30:48 ‹RustySpoon› ^^
03:30:58 ‹Saint Cactus› Kinda like our own welcome area here.
03:30:58 ‹transite› why upset?
03:31:03 ‹Saint Cactus› PEople have to know you before inviting you in.
03:31:11 ‹Ringworm› yeah, really.
03:31:22 ‹mjc› sorry dedao
03:31:23 ‹Ringworm› go find one and volunteer to clean the place or setup the tent
03:31:56 ‹Saint Cactus› Things like that can show your respect indeed.
03:32:08 ‹Ringworm› and don't mention cactus
03:32:10 ‹RustySpoon› you for sure dont want to just ask about a ceremony lol im sure people contact those churches all the time just wanting to do a drug legally
03:34:27 ‹Ringworm› anyway. I don't see the huge appeal myself. I could go travel 4,000miles to drink ayahuasca in the jungle, or I could put on bunney slippers and drink the stuff in my bathroom..... whatever
03:35:16 ‹transite› sometimes the travel is worth it, depends on the individual

Kind regards,

The Traveler