We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Symptoms I experience after vaporizing Marijuana Options

rudder
#1 Posted : 1/5/2013 6:29:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

-Insomnia
-Increased sensitivity to cold
-Increased sensitivity to stimuli (e.g. movies may become overly intense)
-Dry Mouth
-Paranoia
-Anxiety
-Trepidations/Involuntary twitching of entire body
-Dizziness
-Brain Fog
-Simultaneous stimulation and sedation

These are very consistent symptoms. In fact, I can't really say anything positive about it...I'm basically allergic to it. When I was younger, I used to enjoy listening to music after consuming weed, but I don't even find that pleasant anymore. The last time I vaped I started having flashbacks to the time I felt like I was dying after snorting yopo. My feet started twitching unconctrollably, I felt slightly dizzy, and at one point I had to go lay down because my brain felt like it was just going to click into coma mode in order to avoid the psychological chaos that ensued.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SHroomtroll
#2 Posted : 1/5/2013 7:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Either you are smoking way to much or too strong weed or you have just outgrown thc or sumthin.

Cannabis is great but def not for everyone, alot of people dont like the high at all and i didnt for a period, but im glad to say im back on the cannabis hype train, although only in moderation nowadays, i really used to abuse the hell out of it.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#3 Posted : 1/5/2013 10:53:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A few things to consider...

Smoking device. Is it completely clean? Could it have other substances built up in it? If possible do a complete wash of smoking/vaping device with good solvent to really clean it out and make sure nothing else is being "added" on top of your cannabis vapor.

Herb. Where are you getting your cannabis? Did you grow it yourself? Did you buy it at a quality dispensary? Did you get it off the street? Did you get it from a "friend"? Do you know what the strain is and what the % of THC and CBD are? Do you know what % Sativa and Indica it is?

All of these are important questions to have answered. If there is residue from any other psychoactive substance in your vaporizer than you are ingesting much more than just cannabis vapor. Cannabis can be a powerful potentiator of many different substances. Start with cleaning your device.

If you got your herb off the street or even from a "friend" you really have no idea what else has been added to it. Many "Street" sellers and even a few non-quality MMJ dispensaries have been known to add chemicals that are synthetic cannabinoids like J2 and Spice (JWH, CP and HU are the primary ones) which are lab chemicals that mimic cannabinoids, but actually cause many of the symptoms you mention. If you have a large quantity of herb that you did not grow yourself you might want to have it lab tested to see what is in it. These tests usually cost $75- $200 and will tell you what % THC and CBD your herb has as well as any other strange substances that might have been added to "boost" it.

If you are having insomnia you should not be smoking/vaping Sativa anywhere near bed time. Indica is a better choice as it has a more sedative and not stimulating effect.

Hope that helps. Smile
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Parshvik Chintan
#4 Posted : 1/5/2013 11:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

perhaps thc is not the molecule for you...

My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

bonger
#5 Posted : 1/7/2013 7:01:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea maybe you just aren't a pot head lol my friends can't smoke pot like I do but normally I feel gaping does increase effect try not vaping or cleaning pipe cause it may have other substance.

Xemnas
#6 Posted : 1/7/2013 9:44:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you experience this from vaporizing and not from smoking, then I'm pretty sure the problem is which cannabinoids you are getting at which temperatures. When you smoke, you get the full range of THC and CBD (There are other ones, but these are the important ones). When you vaporize, depending on the temperature, you're not getting all the cannabinoids due to their different boiling points. Most likely you are only getting THC and not enough CBD. CBD counteracts the anxiety and paranoia you experience from THC and is mostly responsible for the "chill" and anti-anxiety aspects of pot. It's also apparently responsible for most of the pain-killing cannabis does.

It's definitely worth looking into if you haven't already. Here's a link to get you started: http://projectcbd.org

rudder
#7 Posted : 1/13/2013 4:35:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Xemnas wrote:
If you experience this from vaporizing and not from smoking, then I'm pretty sure the problem is which cannabinoids you are getting at which temperatures. When you smoke, you get the full range of THC and CBD (There are other ones, but these are the important ones). When you vaporize, depending on the temperature, you're not getting all the cannabinoids due to their different boiling points. Most likely you are only getting THC and not enough CBD. CBD counteracts the anxiety and paranoia you experience from THC and is mostly responsible for the "chill" and anti-anxiety aspects of pot. It's also apparently responsible for most of the pain-killing cannabis does.

It's definitely worth looking into if you haven't already. Here's a link to get you started: http://projectcbd.org

You may very well be on to something here! That looks like an interesting site, and I'd be interested to self-administer CBD on its own to test its effects.

I figured the first few posts would think it had something to do with hallucinogens leftover in my pipe, laced weed, or some other wildcard, but I'm telling you those are consistent effects from weed - no matter the route of administration (eaten, vaped, smoked - I've tried everything but injected and sticking up my butt).

I'm glad about the last response, though, because that intrigues me and is not something I have heard before.

Usually people can't believe that their beloved MJ would actually create negative effects in people...given all the propaganda that surrounds MJ these days, basically touting it as a miracle plant. MJ has always been held in high esteem by its users, and now it's taken to a whole new level with the articles claiming that it is good for fighting cancer.

In my case, I seriously doubt that MJ would have any anti-cancer effects given the level of holistic dissonance it creates throughout my mind-body. Only negative physical effects can result from such a frame, which is why I also often experience irritable bowel syndrome surrounding the consumption of weed. Sometimes I even experience IBS just from thinking about consuming weed.

I basically don't consume weed for a year or so, and then get curious and think maybe my brain chemistry has changed, and I can now enjoy it, but then I find out again and again that it's just not for me. I've heard stories of other people who have similar symptoms, but we are either not very vocal about it, or are a very small minority of people.

It's sometimes a bit frustrating to explain, as most people don't seem to be able to grasp that it could be possibly negative in any way to any person. And by negative I don't mean that it makes you lazy and not get off the couch or something like that...I'm talking more along the lines of immersive dread and doom (in very high dosages - which in my case "very high dosage" can be as low as one bong rip or a couple small hits out of a GVG), and the physical sensations that accompany such psychological states.

I'm used to people on forums like the shroomery saying "dude, you're just psyching yourself out, and missing out on an amaaaaaaaazing herb!" Such people have zero empathy, and cannot even begin to comprehend my experience.

I say BAN MARIJUANA! Just kidding. I do notice that there is not very much negative press about it though, which seems unjustified given the people I've talked to and the experiences I've had with it.

rudder
#8 Posted : 1/13/2013 6:16:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
HOW DOES CBD COUNTER ANXIETY?
A new study by Jose A. S. Crippa and a team of Brazilian investigators confirms that symptoms of Social Anxiety Disorder can be reduced by treatment with CBD —and identifies areas of the brain involved in the process. The paper by Crippa et al, "Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol in generalized social anxiety disorder: a preliminary report," was published online Sept. 9 in the Journal of Psychopharmacology. Ten men with severe Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD), ages 20 to 33, participated in the study, which was conducted at the University of Sao Paulo. Crystalline CBD from THC Pharm in Frankfurt was used. Prior to undergoing a neuroimaging procedure to measure blood flow in the brain, the subjects were given either 400 mg of CBD dissolved in corn oil and packed in a gel cap, or a placebo gel cap. A week later they were given the alternative treatment. The investigators assumed that the neuroimaging —Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT), which involves insertion of an intravenous tube and observation by a technician deploying a high-tech apparatus— was in itself an anxiety-producing event. Subjects recorded their anxiety levels before, during, and after the neuroimaging by means of a "Visual Analogue Mood Scale (VAMS)." The researchers were able to correlate these subjective reports with blood-flow activity measured in the brain. "CBD was associated with significantly decreased anxiety," they concluded. They observed reduced radioactive tracer intake in the left parahippocampal gyrus, the hippocampus, and the inferior temporal gyrus. They saw increased uptake in the right posterior cingulated gyrus. "These results suggest that CBD reduces anxiety in SAD and that this is related to its effects on activity in limbic and paralimbic brain areas," according to Crippa. If CBD-rich Cannabis exerts similar effects, Crippa's findings suggest that it can be useful in decreasing anxiety.

Yes, I'll have to get my hands on some of that.

How do you extract it?

Wax
#9 Posted : 1/16/2013 6:00:53 AM

LUVR

I can sort of relate, I do get the sensitivity to cold, dry mouth of course, and I can't sleep if I'm high but on the comedown I get really tired, I also get pretty twitchy especially if I lay down.

Both the mrs. and I get more amped up than sedated from weed, I think it has a lot to do with body chemistry it seriously feels like more of an upper for me than making me calm and lethargic (while I am actively high.)

I used to smoke a lot and had typical effects but I quit a few times and don't use it nearly as frequently as I used to, this seems to have created the twitchiness, which makes me think it may be in part a tolerance issue and may go away if you continue to smoke regularly.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Xemnas
#10 Posted : 1/16/2013 6:57:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I smoked cannabis for years very regularly, and one day it triggered some kind of deep anxiety in me that I've been battling with for a year or two now, so I can very much relate to your story, Rudder, and no we are not alone. I too have been unable to use cannabis since without it worsening my anxiety, and this is why I've become pretty knowledgeable on the subject. I'll try and provide some links and quick insight into all of this.

Strains of Cannabis now a days have outrageously high THC levels due to people and breeders for so long thinking THC is the most important part of the plant, and breeding cannabis accordingly. We're talking some strains having like 30% THC and only .5% CBD! But somewhat recently, now that we've realized CBD's potential, there are strains coming out with very high CBD levels and very little THC, sometimes almost no THC. The best example I can think of is the strain "R4" at the GreenWerkz dispensary in Denver Colorado, which has 14% CBD and almost no THC. I would love to try it out, but I live nowhere near Denver so hopefully it will become more available globally. Here is the dispensary's site:
http://www.greenwerkz.com/?page_id=332

There is actually a company called Canchew that supposedly early this year will be releasing a CBD Gum that will be available worldwide due to CBD not actually being illegal. I am very much looking forward to this. You can check out their site here: http://canchewbiotech.com/

And to answer your question about CBD extraction; Yes it is possible, if you have the funds. All it requires is a good vaporizer and a lot of Cannabis to work with. The Volcano vaporizer is recommended by the tek's creator, and I can vouch for the volcano's quality of vaporizing. This tek also works for isolating other cannabinoids. Here is a link to the tek: http://forum.grasscity.c...oids-badkittysmiles.html

It's important to note, in case you don't know, that CBD is not psychoactive really by itself. I've heard that by itself it is more of a killer of anxiety, body pains, and there are apparently a crazy amount of health benefits. I've even heard of it treating schizophrenia effectively, whereas THC has been shown to worsen symptoms in some patients. Combined with THC it apparently eliminates all the paranoia and stuff that most people don't like about cannabis. Overall, CBD sounds like an amazing thing to have, but sadly I have yet to work with an isolated version of it. One day.

I hope I've been helpful. If you have any more questions I'll do my best to help. I've done a lot of research and have become fairly knowledgeable on the subject of cannabis and anxiety, together or separate, so don't hesitate to shoot me any questions.