We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quality lighters for GVG Options

iNTheBegining
#1 Posted : 12/29/2012 3:58:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am thinking about ordering a GVG and have read that using a quality jet(butane) lighter is very important. Can anyone recommend any good quality lighters? Xikar,Blazer,Vector? Any specific model? or any to avoid?
Does it matter if it is multi-flame(double,tri,quad)? or would anything beyond single flame get too hot?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tupo
#2 Posted : 12/29/2012 4:15:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lighter like the blazer and vector I find are no good when turned upside down, definitely do not get the regal too powerful, you don't need it that powerful as I find my normal yellow flamed light just fine sometimes. I have yet to find a quality lighter for my GVG that will last.

something like this: http://www.ebay.com.au/i...tem2c6b133e7f&_uhb=1

I just purchased one and it was working okay fora while.. every torch lighter I buy is messed up though.. thered ss few recommendations on the net, try few out see what works for you.

Erase
#3 Posted : 12/29/2012 4:16:01 PM

Carelessness

The Arc Turboflame Lighter seems to be favoured on this forum, it looks fantastic, but I've not tried it myself. Try look it up.
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

smokerx
#4 Posted : 12/29/2012 4:48:50 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Tupo wrote:

Something like this will do nicely.

I had this one for very long time and it never let me down, never complain, never ask for food Smile except gas Smile

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Tupo
#5 Posted : 12/29/2012 6:16:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that looks awesome smokerx! I'm going to invest, cheers Very happy

iNTheBegining
#6 Posted : 1/4/2013 12:55:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sweet, thanks for the replies.

Butane soldering iron
I have one of these (exact model) would it be suitable? can ajust the flame easily, works upside down, and is reliable.

Tupo
#7 Posted : 1/4/2013 1:43:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The flames on those gas soldering irons are a good size. Im not sure if it is too hot? If the flame temp is the same a regular lighter then, definetely.

You should give it a try im sure it wont hurt Big grin You should invest in a lighter for your GVG the one I linked you too is still going strong for me and its got quite a bashing in the last few days and been refilled no problems.

smokerx
#8 Posted : 1/4/2013 8:33:17 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

iNTheBegining wrote:
I have one of these (exact model) would it be suitable? can ajust the flame easily, works upside down, and is reliable.

The flame on these is fine but I would only use it if the flame goes off once you let go of button. If not like on mine soldering iron (I have to actually slide the slider to turn it off), then I would not use it because, if you vape dmt sometime it come so quickly, that you may not be able to fiddle with slider, to turn it off. Then disaster would strike.

Be careful. Just get some nice torch lighter there must be big range of them in AU.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

nwosidsalp
#9 Posted : 1/4/2013 10:51:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Honest Adjustable Flame Butane Jet Torch Lighter
$7.87 with free shipping to Canada (not sure about AU/USA)

http://dx.com/p/honest-a...-jet-torch-lighter-19321

MooshyPeaches
#10 Posted : 1/5/2013 12:03:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Erase wrote:
The Arc Turboflame Lighter seems to be favoured on this forum, it looks fantastic, but I've not tried it myself. Try look it up.

This is THE lighter to use with the GVG, very handy lighter overall