We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV5455565758NEXT»
Trying to improve Acacia information Options

shanedudddy2
#1101 Posted : 12/18/2012 6:58:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Naptha looks to be clouding when I blow on it, swirls of white...like every successful extraction I have performed, and unlike all the failed attempts. Smile
Will do a thorough extraction tomorrow with fully powdered dry phyllodes and stem bark, with measurements and full details. Yay!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

nen888
#1102 Posted : 12/18/2012 10:15:46 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

good stuff shaneduddy2..imagine you and that owly friend of yours be hootin' soon..Pleased

..so, Linnaeus hinted that the leaves of the 'mimosa' bush were like those of the sophorum (3 wise men..) [Major Tom channels the logos again..!]

a personal yet universal note>

we must all learn to love one another..and not fire back..as some in fear suggest..

last week a 38 year old mother told her 17 year old tripping son to get out of the car on the highway..
'i can't deal with you anymore!' 'i can't handle you!'

she drove off..two minutes later as he screamed 'i am the highway' he was struck and killed by a car..

deepest love and understanding to them and all who cried the past few days, for many children..
my heart to yours..

we must learn to handle eachother..
all that's real is Love..
<3

..on the morning of December 22nd 2012 i will climb to the top of a mountain and wait for the lights in the sky..
and if they haven't appeared i will pull out my pipe and they surely will..Very happy
@

afterword (or is the forward? Smile) ..Terence only ever said december 2012 would be an increase in novelty..novelty isn't 'good' or 'bad'..it brings change..
i suggest the calculations were a fraction off and it's not exponential..it cycles back again after the peak..endlessly..though evolutionary..
the understanding what it all means, we need to make the language..
thanks all threaders for helping to dream in a new language..

lower image from the Dead Sea..

nen888 attached the following image(s):
close-encounters-of-the-third-kind5.jpg (345kb) downloaded 407 time(s).
Witch Mountain.jpg (20kb) downloaded 400 time(s).
2903371352_b249de0fcd.jpg (89kb) downloaded 398 time(s).

wira
#1103 Posted : 12/18/2012 2:50:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You wonderful people are so prolific with this thread, if I don't come here every night it takes me days of shorter sessions just doing catch-up reading before I can make a post Laughing

acacian, re: the plant you showed pics of back on page 54 - it does look quite floribunda-ish, and the seedpods of floribunda do also look like the ones you photographed. You didn't mention if you'd checked those important phyllode details (presence or absence of near-basal gland, and tiny, sparse hairs) which more clearly distinguish floribunda from the mucronata var. longifolia varieties that are more similar.
The mucronata var. longifolia found near where I live has quite stiff and very narrow (a few mm), long (average 10cm or so) phyllodes, but a long way further south near the sea I did once (many years ago, when my wattle i.d. skills were poorer) find a small grove of what I think was mucronata var. longifolia, but the phyllodes were a lot longer, wider, greener and more flexible than the more local variety. It looked a lot closer to the illustrations in books, and forms like this are the ones that are more readily confused with floribunda, and easily separated by those phyllode characteristics i pointed out.

I feel like I should now say something profound or get philosophical, but you folks have got it covered Thumbs up

Seldom
#1104 Posted : 12/19/2012 4:49:10 AM

Wiradjuri

will be of to Vanuatu this friday, hopefully be coming back with a large number of a. simplex seeds. i'll be out of action for a little while, but if you're in Australia and interested in growing this species, send a pm, i'm most happy to help

quick test on a. imnplexa:
dry loosely chopped phyllodes, hand crumble, mix with solutiomn of excess sodium carbonate, dry on low heat, punch some bugels, several small ethanol pulls /evaporation. if you ever use this method always get 200 proof, otherwise you will get sodium carbonate contamination.

good vibes to you guys, hope things are well, would be good to catch up with you again acacian, i'll let you know when i'm back in these parts

peace
Seldom attached the following image(s):
IMG_0898.jpg (53kb) downloaded 375 time(s).
IMG_0899.jpg (69kb) downloaded 374 time(s).
IMG_0903.jpg (42kb) downloaded 370 time(s).
IMG_0906.jpg (77kb) downloaded 370 time(s).
IMG_0910.jpg (44kb) downloaded 367 time(s).
IMG_0913.jpg (44kb) downloaded 369 time(s).

nen888
#1105 Posted : 12/19/2012 9:07:58 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..interesting Seldom and thanks!..what an interesting colour...
and hey enjoy your island holiday..look forward to the holiday pics..Smile

wira, nice to hear from you..your attention to knowledge and detail is profound enough..Smile
Quote:
The mucronata var. longifolia found near where I live has quite stiff and very narrow (a few mm), long (average 10cm or so) phyllodes, but a long way further south near the sea I did once (many years ago, when my wattle i.d. skills were poorer) find a small grove of what I think was mucronata var. longifolia, but the phyllodes were a lot longer, wider, greener and more flexible than the more local variety. It looked a lot closer to the illustrations in books, and forms like this are the ones that are more readily confused with floribunda, and easily separated by those phyllode characteristics i pointed out.

..while it initially seems, yes the absence of a basal gland would make it A. floribunda (and yes, it would be good to know) ..i'm ready to throw my virtual hardcover at 'lumper' botanists..they do nobody any favours..

..so for A. floribunda we have
Quote:
Pods subcylindrical, constricted between seeds, mostly straight, 6–12 cm long, 2–4 mm wide, chartaceous. Seeds elliptic, 3–5 mm long, glossy, brown; funicle folded about 4–8 times; aril small, irregularly thickened.A

chartaceous means 'papery' and thin..so a texture description helps, but they don't look chartaceous..now, while the somewhat poorly defined A. mucronata is described from type with drawings of less pods constricted between seeds, this cannot be taken as definitive as i have seen it with highly constricted pods (and clear inflorescence ID)
..so, based on the seed aril of acacian's pod shots i'll still go with var. mucronata as the key parent (even if there is hybridisation) ..also, the 'iso-form' of A. floribunda has more pendulous, longer, thiner and slightly falacate phyllodes, as well as longer flower heads (spikes) ..floribunda i think refers to 'abundant flowers', and mucronata being much less abundant (sparser number of overall spikes) is still what acacian's photos look like to me..
but hey, i'm not paid as a professional botanist to apparently make things even more confusing..Smile
.also we may have in victoria is a 'hybrid complex' between floribunda and mucronata..they would be likely to cross..in which the absence or not of gland may be varied and not indicative..
and the Tasmanian variety of mucronata, sub sp. dependens is considered so anomalous by some botanists that it should be classed as a different species..

..but really, the poor botanical clarity on mucronata (and longifolia, obtusifolia) makes it difficult to work things out within systematic botany..

also, i want to break the conservative 'theory' of the past 15 years, and go with L. Pedley and D. R. Murray in defining Acacia sophorae as it's own species, with it's own sub-species..
i will from now on adopt this Botanical position..

be well everyone..and great there's so many of you..! don't be afraid to interact..Pleased

..so, below, another descriptive look at Acacia floribunda (originally named Mimosa floribunda in 1803 from plants Cultivated in Cels’ garden in France ..! ..probably the earliest australian acacian ambassador to Europe)
0.3-0.4% DMT, NMT , trace harmalas in the phyllodes..
followed by A. mucronata subspecies dependens, endemic to Tasmania, 1 negative test by JJ, but that's not conclusive..really should be it's own species IMO, or it's had sex with A. sophorae sometime..Big grin
Acacia Floribunda Description.png (137kb) downloaded 456 time(s).
mucronata_subsp_dependens.jpg (99kb) downloaded 453 time(s).

phyllode
#1106 Posted : 12/19/2012 9:16:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for that love orientated post nen. Full power and beauty. Say hi to the sky beings for meSmile.

Seldom, what did you end up with in that bowl? Does it smell nice? Best wishes for vanuatu.

Here's one for the lights theory. Beautiful days Acacians All.
And then from the stock-pot
Quote:
A big tawny male lion stares through an acacia tree
phyllode attached the following image(s):
stock-photo-star-circles-with-camel-thorn-acacia-erioloba-tree-in-foreground-kalahari-south-africa-1011711.jpg (57kb) downloaded 616 time(s).
stock-photo-a-big-tawny-male-lion-stares-through-an-acacia-tree-in-this-beautifull-side-profile-head-portrait-105513764.jpg (39kb) downloaded 615 time(s).

nen888
#1107 Posted : 12/19/2012 9:41:27 AM
member for the trees

..nice phyllodeSmile..<3

i'll will at least try before dec 22 to update the thread index to page 57..i can't find stuff in the last 10 pages now!Smile

my mediation for the day: 'If you could change in yourself right Now, what would that be? And How?'

ps. love wins!..see you soon..

some more good stock from there..in Akka bush
then a kind of leopard rarely seen, in acacia, kenya..
peace unto all of you!

stock-photo-a-leopard-stands-on-acacia-tree-to-rest-after-a-kill-62570953.jpg (102kb) downloaded 610 time(s).
Black Panther, Kenya in Acacia.png (477kb) downloaded 612 time(s).

nen888
#1108 Posted : 12/21/2012 2:33:28 AM
member for the trees

..no time for index or pdf! leggin on foot soon..57 pages..! god..maybe needs a sub-forum..finally tie off the endless thread? ..probably not..this thread reaches out and onwards..keep it coming in Acacians <3
Allah is overiding everbody now! then the AlienAeon can occur..praise be to the holy mother of the Mother of God, crown of thorns..

and ps., IMO re NMT+DMT..i suggest a glass pipe..a 'changa' blennd wont get you in there enough IMO..Pleased

and for those in the Sanai right now..
below>Taxon - image
species
Spiraled Acacia
Acacia raddiana Savi
Spiraled Acacia.jpg (131kb) downloaded 579 time(s).

acacian
#1109 Posted : 12/22/2012 12:49:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey acacians! been bit dormant online this past week been road tripping from melbourne up to my hometown in NSW.. saw many beautiful acacia on the way up. I even met some acacia obtusifolia for the first time when we were descending a mountian towards the coast!!! A beautiful tree.. very deep presence to it...very emotional experience finally meeting it. I took some photos and will add them to acacia gallery when i get a chance.. unfortunately some didn't come out too great.. was realy stinging to get some good ones of this tree. i didn't get a chance to test any either.. they were a bit young and I thought best leave them be, though I did take a couple branches and smoked some phyllodes on the beach.. beautiful flavour.. mildly receding headspace.. awesome....so chillSmile I gotta say my heart really skipped a beat when i saw those trees I've wanted to see an obtusifolia in real life for quite some time!.. in fact ever since i began my acacian journey Smile .. I also found a maidenii which I thought looked very similar to the "active style" tree that you posted a while back nen.. photos posted in the gallery too Smile

ps.. catch up while i'm up here yeah? should be around til jan 15th.. that goes for you too seldom let me know when your back!

below couple of obtuse and maidenii.. more in the gallery

hope your all well and that you have a merry christmas! my dec21st was the best night ever lastnight so good being with the people i love whom i havent seen in so long!

oh and wira... I'll check the phyllodes out in more detail when I'm back home! thanks for you input.. and nen too

hope that all made enough sense feeling very seedy after lastnight and not enjoying typing..

Borris
#1110 Posted : 12/23/2012 8:16:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:

..a little more on the A. concurrens complex mentioned earlier..the identity of the tryptamine positive member of this group seems to be Acacia leiocalyx subsp. leiocalyx (central to SE QLD, and northern NSW) ..it has been previously found alkaloid +ve by the CSIRO..i have a feeling 'J' may have looked at this one, will check..
% was 0.3-0.4% from stem bark

FYI :
witnessed a negative result from [A. Leiocalyx subsp Leiocalyx] as per below..

Lextek( vinegar/xylene+shellite ) - 200g, dry phyllodes from 2 adult trees at end of seeding period + without flowers.

Phyllodes were picked on hot day @ 12pm. Phyllodes were bitter.

NOTE: reddish stem bark mentioned in Nen quote WAS NOT included.

Smile

nen888
#1111 Posted : 12/25/2012 10:51:52 PM
member for the trees

..hey thanks acacian and Borris..been havin a holiday..hope all Acacians are well..very gnostic evening the other day..Smile
volatile oils in some acacias as well as possible tryptamines in eucalypts will be some of next year' revelations/research..see you soon..

Borris
#1112 Posted : 1/1/2013 2:08:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Borris wrote:
nen888 wrote:

..a little more on the A. concurrens complex mentioned earlier..the identity of the tryptamine positive member of this group seems to be Acacia leiocalyx subsp. leiocalyx (central to SE QLD, and northern NSW) ..it has been previously found alkaloid +ve by the CSIRO..i have a feeling 'J' may have looked at this one, will check..
% was 0.3-0.4% from stem bark

FYI :
witnessed a negative result from [A. Leiocalyx subsp Leiocalyx] as per below..

Lextek( vinegar/xylene+shellite ) - 200g, dry phyllodes from 2 adult trees at end of seeding period + without flowers.

Phyllodes were picked on hot day @ 12pm. Phyllodes were bitter.

NOTE: reddish stem bark mentioned in Nen quote WAS NOT included.

Smile

UPDATE - Confirmed yield (contents unknown) in Acacia Leiocalyx subsp. Leiocalyx phyllode.

Bore witness to above reattempted on juvenile plants <3m height 100g dry weight.
observations :

- Plants providing main regrowth post bushfire
- Plants exhibit significantly greater surface area in phyllode than adult representative;
*more rounded / broad / long. Less falcate.
- subjectivly more acrid to the tongue than adult representative.
- Nen-method style extraction(ethanol 40%, vinegar 20%, water 40%) performed on dry phyllode producing very significant yield of white/yellow crystals after evap of initial pull of non-polar solvent (xylene).

I will not postulate on the possible contents from an assay but will say that it does exude a familiar smell.

Smile

nen888
#1113 Posted : 1/3/2013 1:04:35 AM
member for the trees

Borris wrote:
Quote:

UPDATE - Confirmed yield (contents unknown) in Acacia Leiocalyx subsp. Leiocalyx phyllode.

Bore witness to above reattempted on juvenile plants <3m height 100g dry weight.
observations :

- Plants providing main regrowth post bushfire
- Plants exhibit significantly greater surface area in phyllode than adult representative;
*more rounded / broad / long. Less falcate.
- subjectivly more acrid to the tongue than adult representative.
- Nen-method style extraction(ethanol 40%, vinegar 20%, water 40%) performed on dry phyllode producing very significant yield of white/yellow crystals after evap of initial pull of non-polar solvent (xylene).

I will not postulate on the possible contents from an assay but will say that it does exude a familiar smell.
^..great news Borris..Smile thank you..as A. leiocalyx is part of the 'A. Concurrens Complex' [see p.16 here], a closely related group of about 8 species in Qld, NSW Australia, it and family should keep the enthusiatic researcher interested for a while..Smile
..i'm re-piecing the Logos of the past few weeks, and will be back very shortly..i've got a strong feeling about 2013..
below, Acacia leiocalyx and A. concurrens..very similar..both a couple of +ve tryptamine reports..and both fairly widespread..leiocalyx is yet another so-called 'black wattle'..
Acacia leiocalxy Qld 1.jpg (144kb) downloaded 437 time(s).
a_concurrens central Qldjpg.jpg (43kb) downloaded 433 time(s).

nen888
#1114 Posted : 1/4/2013 2:45:40 AM
member for the trees

..Essenetial medicines..Oils..anointment..aromatherapy..akis
and here we have quite an axis of acacia awareness..and alliteration, acacians all..
apologies, haha..

now, after the warm up, into info, first bat of the season..a few Juliflorae acacias have contained in phyllode and twig, prior to and during seeding, mixed tryptamines and Volatile Oils in small amounts..these are very new findings..
Eucalytptus species are famous for their volatile oils with antibacterial and antifungal activity..and a kind of cleansing of the senses..out of 21 eucalyptus species tested, one appeared to contain small but not unreasonable amounts of perhaps dmt..along with a lot more volatile oil..this ties in with a tlc result by J. Appleseed on a eucalyptus tree growing in the USA, showing small amounts DMT..
interesting, eh?
moving on..in a verified experiment witnessed, a basic aqueous extract of Acacia sophorae..'akis sophorum' upright form twig was 'partitioned' between a bottom heavy solvent (dcm) and top floating solvent (naphtha)..with differing manipulations of pH, temperature and pressure, one kind of oil migrated to the dcm evaporated partition, which yielded more mixed simple tryptamines incl probably dmt..whereas the naphtha layer contained only very small amounts perhaps dmt, it resulted in mainly a clear oil which 'disappeared'..i.e. evaporated to nothing over time..volatile..
..the dubbed 'nen'method' and it's pH guidelines were not arrived at randomly..increasing pH and heat leads to more migration of different compounds..and amphoteric resins (tars) in acacias are similar in nature to 'cation exchange resins' which are used in complex partitioning/separation of compounds in column chromatography..they can trap a compound within a 'buffered' layer..it is a polymer matrix..
every experiment (exactly that) should be 'worked with'..observation..adaptation..consultation of the inner logos..therein is the secret of the method..improvisation is the formula..and the concept of ratios..
and filtering, in both senses of the word..
that said, the chlorinated solvent layer (dcm) contained enough of a second much more slowly volatile oil which gave the crystalline material a strong cineol/citrus like odour..a test pilot bioasseyd the material..whatever the volatile oil is it was found to be noticeable in flavour under vapour and appeared to modulate and alter the tryptamine-like experience in very interesting ways experientially..
that said, cineol-like and other volatile oils (such as camphor or wintergreen) can be quite harmful orally ingested so avoid that!
this unidentified citrus (reminiscent) oil, left standing, evaporates after between 1-5 weeks, deepening on conditions..the twig was collected in early flowering stages of this golden wattle..

..it also is kind of synchronistic with the recently reported finding of tryptaimes including DMT in Citrus bergamot or bergamia .
[p.43 here].i wonder if citrus and acacia share a long distant ancestor..i guess everything does..
i certainly find something very enchanting about citrus trees..of the garden..
also, d-limonine is a natural product of citrus trees..

but there are other kinds of oils in acacias too, particularly seeds..very beneficial..
onto that next..clue - like the fish..

images: C. bergamot; some volatile oil structures; & a very old A. longifolia..
Citrus bergamia .jpg (46kb) downloaded 414 time(s).
cineol etc. structures.png (44kb) downloaded 411 time(s).
acacia_longifolia.jpg (250kb) downloaded 411 time(s).

nen888
#1115 Posted : 1/4/2013 3:12:42 AM
member for the trees

..going back to India and DMT next, before that..
it was also found, witnessed by fishermen, that levels of Fatty Acids increased in twig levels of several Juliflorae species prior to and during seeding..this is not surprising as many species of Acacia Seed, while high in protein, some as high as fish (e.g. A. longifolia) are also high in Fatty Acids..
..fatty acids can be saturated or un-saturated, acacia seed being high in the latter kind..such unsaturated fatty acids have the same health benefits as Omega-3 Fatty Acids..i.e. 'fish oil', which it was pointed out in the Plant Based Anti-Depressants thread can be sourced from algea /spirulina..

..Fatty Acids can be solid or liquid depending on temperature..
even in non-seeding periods small amounts of a not fully identified fatty-acid were present in samples tested by endlessness, so they can make it to a basic extraction..
much recent study has been done on the unsaturated oils/fatty acids of Acacia species..

from Variation in oil content and fatty acid composition of the seed oil of Acacia species collected from the northwest zone of India.
J Sci Food Agric. 2012 Aug 30;92(11)
Khan R, Srivastava R, Khan MA, Alam P, Abdin MZ, Mahmooduzzafar.
Quote:
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
The oil content and fatty acid composition of the mature seeds of Acacia species collected from natural habitat of the northwest zone of the Indian subcontinent (Rajasthan) were analyzed in order to determine their potential for human or animal consumption.
RESULTS:
Oil content varied between 40 and 102 g kg⁻¹. The highest oil content was obtained in Acacia bivenosa DC. (102 g kg⁻¹ ) among the nine Acacia species. The fatty acid composition showed higher levels of unsaturated fatty acids, especially linoleic acid (~757.7 g kg⁻¹ in A. bivenosa), oleic acid (~525.0 g kg⁻¹ in A. nubica) and dominant saturated fatty acids were found to be 192.5 g kg⁻¹ palmitic acid and 275.6 g kg⁻¹ stearic acid in A. leucophloea and A. nubica respectively. Seed oils of Acacia species can thus be classified in the linoleic-oleic acid group. Significant variations were observed in oil content and fatty acid composition of Acacia species.
CONCLUSION:
The present study revealed that the seed oil of Acacia species could be a new source of high linoleic-oleic acid-rich edible oil and its full potential should be exploited. The use of oil from Acacia seed is of potential economic benefit to the poor native population of the areas where it is cultivated. The fatty acid composition of Acacia seed oils is very similar to that reported for commercially available edible vegetable oils like soybean, mustard, sunflower, groundnut and olive. Hence the seed oil of Acacia species could be a new source of edible vegetable oil after toxicological studies.

some Fatty acids are involved in DNA regulation, as found in a cabbage like species in Oleic acid levels regulated by glycerolipid metabolism modulate defense gene expression in Arabidopsis [see 2nd pic below from http://www.pnas.org/cont...4/5152/F2.expansion.html]

..along with fibre and anti-oxidant flavonoids, many acacias have had known beneficial health effects for many centuries..ask the wise chinese..Smile

and speaking of ancient voyages, below one of the known edible seed species, Acacia sophorae..acacia of the sea..upright form..gene modulation by oleic acid, and then oleic acid..

acacia sophorae24.jpg (194kb) downloaded 408 time(s).
F2.medium.gif (56kb) downloaded 391 time(s).
Oleic_Acid-1.jpg (10kb) downloaded 389 time(s).

nen888
#1116 Posted : 1/4/2013 3:27:22 AM
member for the trees

..ps. on Index update now..

from last year, chocobeastie wrote (p55)
Quote:
I got a report from some Indian friends who got nothing from Nilotica. Again and again, it is the same old story, many of these species may contain tryptamines, but seasonally or just depending on the individual tree itself.

..it's worth mentioning that A. nilotica and 'A. aribica' (considered synonymous or sub-variety) has region distinct (some) hard to distinguish sub-varieies often confused, given similar common names and both sources of gum arabic..it is complex..
from Manual on taxonomy of Acacia species.
Quote:
Although A. nilotica was described by Linnaeus as long ago as 1753 (as Mimosa nilotica), its subsequent history has been confused nomenclaturally and taxonomically. It has often been incorrectly called A. arabica or A. scorpioides. It was recognised as variable and several varieties were described under one name or another up to the 1920's. At the same time some of the subspecies of A. nilotica were until fairly recently thought to be distinct species: for example, eastern African plants were usually called A. subalata and southern African ones A. benthamii.

A major step forward in understanding A. nilotica as a widespread and complex species was taken by Hill (1940), where he recognised five varieties. However, he failed to deal satisfactorily with the complex in East Africa. Brenan (1957) completed and refined the picture for Africa, recognising the races more appropriately as subspecies and Ross (1979) gives the latest account for the continent.

Until recently observations and material from Asia have been inadequate to allow a clear picture of the remarkable complexity of A. nilotica there. Although Cooke(1903) drew attention to a cypress-like growth variation, it was not until Ali & Faruqi (1969) that the pattern in Asia was clarified (see also Ali, 1973).

below Acacia nilotica subsp. kraussiana , the Saharan and Malian subspecies..
Q2934E11.gif (105kb) downloaded 384 time(s).

nen888
#1117 Posted : 1/4/2013 5:44:44 AM
member for the trees

..while in India, back to Acacia catechu, see index, the main flavonoid in it, catechin, is highly therapeutic
Quote:
Flavocoxid (Limbrel), a proprietary blend of natural flavonoids from Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi and Acacia catechu Willd., is being marketed in the USA by Primus Pharmaceuticals (Scottsdale, AZ, USA) under prescription as a “medical food” therapy for osteoarthritis [116]. A medical food is not a drug, nor a dietary supplement, and is defined by the FDA as a “formulated food that is consumed under the supervision of a physician and is intended for the specific management of a disease” [117]. Flavocoxid is currently undergoing a phase I clinical trial in the USA for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis. The active components of flavocoxid include baicalin (47) and cathechin (48 ), two flavonoids with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties [118]. This product works by inhibiting the cyclooxygenase (COX-1 and COX-2) and lipoxy-genase (5-LOX) enzyme systems, two major inflammatory pathways involved in osteoarthritis that process arachidonic acid into inflammatory metabolites
[Drug Discovery from Plants
A.A. Salim, Y.-W. Chin and A.D. Kinghorn ]

..it's spiritual significance is deep and ancient..
..the sami, khadira, vikankata and karsmarya are 'sacrificial trees'..Wood of the sami (acacia suma) is sometimes laid round the fire, probably because its name suggests "appeasement"..[from "Vedic Ritual: The Non-Solemn Rites" by Jan Gonda]
sami leaves are also used in exorcism

Quote:
…The khadira (acacia catechu) is often used in magic; its name makes it fit to "devour" (khad)-enemies.."

this tree is said to be the vajra (Indra's weapon)
@

..it is also called
Khair (Konkani: खैर) in Malaysia..
'catechu' - is from the Kannada name 'kaachu' meaning "extract from the heartwood"..
from the great steam the second two photos are from:
Quote:
"commonly known as: black catechu, black cutch, cashoo, catechu, cutch tree, wadalee gum • Assamese: kher • Bengali: khayer • Gujarati: ખેર kher • Hindi: दन्त धावन dant-dhavan, गायत्रिन् gayatrin, खैर khair, खयर khayar, मदन madan, पथिद्रुम pathi-drum, पयोर payor, प्रियसख priya-sakh • Kannada: kaachu, kadira, kadu, kaggali • Konkani: खैर khair • Malayalam: karintaali • Marathi: खैर khair, खयर khayar, यज्ञवृक्ष yajnavrksa • Nepalese: खयर् khayar • Pali: खदिरो khadiro • Prakrit: खइरं or खाइरं khaiiram • Sanskrit: गायत्रिन् gayatrin, खदिरः or खादिरः khadira, पथिद्रुम pathi-drum, पयोर payor, प्रियसख priya-sakh • Tamil: செங்கருங்காலி cenkarungali, காசுக்கட்டி kacu-k-katti, கறை karai • Telugu: khadiramu. kaviricandra, nallacandra • Urdu: کهير khair
Native to: s China, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Myanmar"

and at a number of formal conferences Michael Crowley, a student of secret buddhist ritual, has reported the presence of DMT..
A. catechu Flower .jpg (92kb) downloaded 378 time(s).
a chatechu flower.png (546kb) downloaded 376 time(s).
alter1.png (626kb) downloaded 375 time(s).

nen888
#1118 Posted : 1/4/2013 5:54:16 AM
member for the trees

..and, from India with yellow flowers (not white like catechu) and larger pinnae..

Acacia suma, used in Ayurvedic medicine..synonymous A. polyacantha (hint) ..
Acacia suma.JPG (274kb) downloaded 368 time(s).
Acacia suma flowers.JPG (94kb) downloaded 368 time(s).

nen888
#1119 Posted : 1/5/2013 5:01:16 AM
member for the trees

..getting back to xantho on Mesquite lore..

report #1: about 8 years ago a friend who worked in a native american shop gave me some mesquite incense as a christmas gift..they told me a little lore, and that it was good for cleansing..'light it before you go to sleep' she recommended..i took a few bits of the resin-like large granules, lit them and inhaled the fumes for a few seconds..definite psychoactivity..sense of slight pressure (not painful) in temples..
later that evening i lit a stack, as advised, before going to sleep..it burned steady through half the night..that night was spent in a smoke filled room sweating profusely till sheets drenched, in a strange vision state inbetween wake and sleep..voices..the next morning, despite the apparently induced 'fever' i felt both physically and spiritually cleansed..it seemed like a multi-level experience..the Netherworld..
this was successfully repeated a few more times..i concluded that the smoke was still too harsh/tar laden to directly inhale much, and then the pack ran out before i could ponder extraction..and a lot of other things happened since..
it's still available..one of those many 'get back to' things in my cupboard..
..only problem..no idea precisely which species of US mesquite the incense was from..!Smile

below, wounded knee,
then Prosopis velutina, commonly known as 'velvet mesquite', in Arizona
and an old mesquite in the Nevada desert..
ghostdance-1.jpg (1,596kb) downloaded 352 time(s).
Mesquite arizona.png (768kb) downloaded 349 time(s).
nevada mesquite 1.png (576kb) downloaded 345 time(s).

acacian
#1120 Posted : 1/5/2013 6:59:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen, just thought i'd add on the earlier note of changa not "getting" one "there" as well as vaping crystal... this can be easily be changed by changing the ratio of extract to herb. I usually achieve breakthroughs(which I know a lot of nexians are often in search of) with ease at a 40/60 or 50/50 ratio. I do remember trying some changa made with obtusifolia extract that must have been quite nmt heavy, as it was 50/50 and I needed quite a large dose to get to the desired level, but I don't see why the ratio couldn't just be amped up a little again. Also, if one wants to keep the plant spirit "pure" but smoke a more changa style blend, an idea might be to soak the extract into some of the ground phyllodes (and small amounts of ground bark in the mix) of the plant that it was extracted from. Depending on the plant this can be a harsh smoke though... maybe don't dry the herbs completely

just a thought...

«PREV5455565758NEXT»