We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Forum for events Options

Pup Tentacle
#1 Posted : 10/17/2012 5:15:44 PM

lettuce

So I was thinking a forum for listing psychedelic events might be very useful. Right now these things tend to get scattered all over the site. Having them in one spot would be a real boon. What say ye? lol... possessed by a pirate for a sec

Peace
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sky Motion
#2 Posted : 10/17/2012 5:39:49 PM

<3

Agreed, or just interesting events in general, art workshops..festivals..whatever.

I like

cyb
#3 Posted : 10/17/2012 5:49:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

MAPS....

Join scientists, students, researchers, medical professionals, and the intellectually curious at the second international Psychedelic Science 2013 conference from April 18-22, 2013, in Oakland, Calif.

Register before December 21 for Early Bird discounts, including $75 off 3-Day Conference tickets and $25 off Workshops. Our first Psychedelic Science conference in 2010 sold out, so don't delay!

A limited number of student tickets are available—just contact tess@maps.org with an image of your current student ID.

In addition to the conference and workshops, Psychedelic Science 2013 will provide ample opportunities to connect with others interested in psychedelic science. On Friday night, enjoy a 3-hour Sunset Cruise and informal dinner on the San Francisco Bay, with the option of disembarking in San Francisco for Alex and Allyson Grey's "Bicycle Day" event. On Saturday night, attend a formal evening Dinner and Performance. The Marketplace of Goods and Ideas will be free and open to the public for shopping, poster presentations, book signings, and impromptu gatherings.

Continuing Education credits will be available for medical doctors, therapists, and other medical professionals.

Psychedelic Science 2013 is presented by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), Heffter Research Institute, Beckley Foundation, and the Council on Spiritual Practices. For more information and to register, visit psychedelicscience.org.
cyb attached the following image(s):
ImageProxy (1).jpg (111kb) downloaded 159 time(s).
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

RebornInSmoke
#4 Posted : 10/17/2012 7:18:53 PM

Lysergic Feline

as much as id love to.. can't afford the flights, as well as accomodation, food, etc.

closer to home events would be neat though Very happy
(im in scotland)

i wholeheartedly agree with pup and sky Very happy
Gun it to 88...
..::those who speak do not know, those who know do not speak::..
<3

WEM
#5 Posted : 10/17/2012 9:04:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sky Motion wrote:
Agreed, or just interesting events in general, art workshops..festivals..whatever.

I agree, and perhaps we could even have sub forums for different geological locations, like there'd be one sub forum for events in the US, and another that's events in Europe, etc. I like this idea too.
A dramatic shift approaches...

Pandora
#6 Posted : 10/17/2012 9:06:31 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Thumbs up good idea and he he that MAPS thing is going to be interesting.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Shaolin
#7 Posted : 10/17/2012 9:12:14 PM

Stiletto Stoner

WEM wrote:
Sky Motion wrote:

I agree, and perhaps we could even have sub forums for different geological locations, like there'd be one sub forum for events in the US, and another that's events in Europe, etc. I like this idea too.

This would come in handy if the amount of threads would prove to be too overwhelming for one sub forum. At the start we can just use [COUNTRY] in the thread title.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

VIII
#8 Posted : 10/17/2012 9:18:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm definitely in favor of this. Especially as we are lucky to see the number of these conferences increasing (at least from my perspective).
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

cyb
#9 Posted : 10/27/2012 10:01:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Paper and poster submissions are now being accepted for Psychedelic Science 2013, the next major international conference that will bring together the world's experts on the science of psychedelic compounds. Psychedelic Science 2013 will take place from April 18-23, 2013, at the Oakland Marriott City Center in Oakland, Calif.

Download the Call for Posters and Papers (pdf).

The application deadline is January 4, 2013. Potential topics include:

Completed and ongoing clinical research into the basic and/or applied science of psychedelics in human subjects
Scientific research into the relationship between psychedelics and religion and/or spirituality
Scientific research that uses a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to explore the effects of psychedelics, including therapeutic methods and outcomes
Preference will be given to completed and ongoing clinical research, then to qualitative or other psychedelic research. Topics that will generally not be accepted in this CFP include ayahuasca, psychedelics and culture, and drug policy.
Before you submit your abstract, please read all instructions and complete the online submission form.

Psychedelic Science 2013 is presented by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), Heffter Research Institute, Beckley Foundation, and the Council on Spiritual Practices. Support for this CFP has been provided by the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS).

For more information, visit psychedelicscience.org.
cyb attached the following image(s):
ImageProxy.jpg (63kb) downloaded 94 time(s).

marz
#10 Posted : 11/13/2012 10:45:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I Would love to go but cash is tight right now around the holidays as electric bills do go up
It really doesn't help to have a eight bulb T5 Fluorescent grow light fixture in my walk in closet

But I have all my small cactus growing in there and cactus I start from seed in there and that's where my mimosa trees will go when it get a little bit colder here so my plants can survive the 2-3 month winter here in Texas till things start to warm up sorry about the rant

But I love the idea of this Having a Forum for events and have sub-Forums just like when u
Click on say Cacti it has Generic,Cultivation,Preparation,Experience reports you could just Put all the states so the nexus member can find events in his or her state 0ur whatever state or event the user is looking for Thumbs up Thumbs up
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

cyb
#11 Posted : 1/1/2013 8:59:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Love

http://www.youtube.com/w...bedded&v=ZAGFydO4Efg

(won't embed for some reason)

The Traveler
#12 Posted : 1/1/2013 6:57:35 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Consider it done: Events

Kind regards,

The Traveler