We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cacti Options

DMTripper
#1 Posted : 2/23/2009 12:02:01 AM

John Murdoch IV

What cacti grows the fastest? I've never thought about mescaline and cacti because I've always had the idea that it takes years to grow a Peyote that works. Is that true? How about San Pedro or Peruvian torch. Do the need years to become psychoactive?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

bufoman
#2 Posted : 2/23/2009 12:36:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

No they do not however even if they did one can buy cuttings that are already mature. New growth contains alkaloid content. If you got loph cuttings or pups they would have alk content as they have the maturity level of their parent, it is growing from seed that takes a long time. Not to sure how long it takes trich seedlings to have significant levels although it is likely significantly less than Loph. Anyway one should just obtain cuttings if they are interested, as these are from mature specimens.

Some trichocereus clones grow very fast up to a few feet per year. There are many different clones with varying phenotypes. Alkaloid content and growth is very variable.

coz42
#3 Posted : 2/23/2009 12:40:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My T. pachanoi grew to a meter from a foot cutting in about a year. Even the loph buttons he had grafted on pereskiopsis grew in significant difference in the same time frame. very reliable grafting medium, but suspected loss of psychoactivity. They just look really neat.. lol

I wonder the same for achuma and torchWut?

EDIT:: Found this laying around. http://www.thenook.org/a.../pereskiopsis-peyote.htm
The guy apparently grew from a seedling sprouting several pups in T+ 3months
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 3/11/2009 3:44:50 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Order a non-predominant cultivator from Sacred Succulents (Relevant? If not please PM me and I'll be happy to edit).

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb