We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Which Type of Phalaris? Options

Tiger15
#1 Posted : 12/28/2012 7:18:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, I am new to this and have never used DMT before and am very intrigued after listening to countless hours of Terence McKenna and others discuss its profound effects. I'm interested in extracting DMT for the first time and using it in the near future.
I've looked through many different types of potential plants that I could use, but only a few would be easily accessible, specifically the different strains of Phalaris grasses which I could easily obtain. However, I've heard that certain strains of the Phalaris grasses may contain toxic levels of gramine. I've heard different things from different sources concerning the gramine concentration, toxicity, and potential effects it may have on the body. Unfortunately, I live in Midwestern America and access to Mimosa Hostilis or any South American/Tropical plant would be difficult.
Does anyone who has used any of the Phalaris grasses for extraction have a specific type to recommend? I could easily use arundinacea, brachystachys or aquatica, yet I don't know which one would be preferred; producing highest DMT concentration, safe of any harmful chemicals, and an easy extraction process. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much.
Glad to find that there are others out there searching for truth.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

VIII
#2 Posted : 12/28/2012 7:30:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome to the Nexus. My short answer is you would probably be best off with Phalaris Brachystachys.

There are clones available online of some Phalaris with high levels of DMT and lower levels of some other alkaloids. Wild Phalaris can have varying levels of alkaloids. Depending on your setup/procedure/time investment either option (clone or wild/seed) could work.

For a longer answer check through the Phalaris threads in this subforum and also in the Collaborative Research Project subforum. The FAQ/Wiki links at the top of the page also have great information. If you wish to have some certainty as to how much gramine or other alkaloids are present you will need a TLC test or similar (more info on this in this subforum posted by endlessness).
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

Parshvik Chintan
#3 Posted : 12/28/2012 10:40:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gramine has been shown to not be the toxin responsible for sheep staggers, and is perfectly safe in the small amounts found in extracted material.
nen888 wrote:
5meoDMT is more toxic it could be argued than gramine or hordenine, physiologically..

check out the last few posts of the phalaris way of the future thread.

as for the species.. i would harvest them all and compare the results..

we don't really have all that much info on phalaris (at least on the extraction side of things), so any contribution is welcome.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Tupo
#4 Posted : 12/31/2012 4:10:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Parshvik, If one was to harvest them all, how would one go about comparing the results. For information sake.

I see the analysis thread and it amazes and fascinates me, How the DMT and different alkaloids were found in these species is beyond my comprehension right now. I would be interested to know how it is done.

VIII
#5 Posted : 12/31/2012 5:29:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the analysis thread I believe it was TLC tests that were used. For comparative purposes you would likely also want to TLC test and bioassay. Check out the stickied thread How do analytical methods work? (Link below) for a good overview of the possible equipment for alkaloid detection.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=24225
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

Tupo
#6 Posted : 1/1/2013 6:09:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome VIII Looks like I missed the sticky, Embarrased haven't had much time to explore the forums yet haha and Cheers for the link will have a good read.