We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The first pull - yellow tint in naphtha Options

manyc
#1 Posted : 3/11/2009 3:47:09 AM
Manyc

After 3-4 hours of the powdered MHRB soaking in the basic solution (in a wine jug), two of those hours having had naphtha in the solution which was mixed by gently rolling, I siphoned off 250 mL of naphtha (the last bit of it was just too much of a bitch) and it had a yellowish tint. I put it in a huge glass baking pan to evaporate over night in a shed with 3 windows - all opened for ventilation.

I'm guessing this yellowish tint is a good thing? I can only assume that it is. I'm really hoping that in the morning I'll have a small field of crystals awaiting me. Shocked
[img]http://www.rense.com/1.imagesF/hemp.gif[/img]
Hemp can save the World.

Know Thyself.

Any and all things declared by this anonymous entity are false.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

weissewolf
#2 Posted : 3/11/2009 4:05:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim is still pretty new too but he noticed yellow tint usually ends up slightly more dirty on freeze precip.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

appelseen
#3 Posted : 3/11/2009 8:46:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another new SWIM has found out that the longer he lets naphta remain with the solution, the yellower it gets.
PLEASE NOTE: Contents of this post belong to an ongoing hypermedia performance project that spans across different media, including Internet message boards. All incidents, situations, institutions, governments and people are fictional and any similarity, without satiric intent, of characters or person s living or dead, is strictly coincidental.

DarkShaman
#4 Posted : 3/11/2009 8:34:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

appelseen wrote:
Another new SWIM has found out that the longer he lets naphta remain with the solution, the yellower it gets.

This is quite true.

manyc wrote:
I'm guessing this yellowish tint is a good thing?

Not necessarily.

It really doesn't take long to extract each pull (esp. if one uses warm-hot solvents). I usually only leave my solvents in for 30-45 min. per pull, mixing 3-4 times during this time period. I acquire the majority of the alkaloids in this manner, most of which will freeze precip. to beautiful snow-white crystals. I must mention, however, that the degree of "yellowness" achieved will vary in preference to the extractor, as some prefer the "jungleness" of the yellow (other oils & alkaloids that can be found in mhrb besides dimethyltryptamine).

Additionally, I have found it to be harder to reuse "yellowed" solvents. I just save my yellows for the xylene to pick up.

mugwump77
#5 Posted : 3/12/2009 12:09:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i for one am very much looking forward to hearing how SWImanyc's first time went.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfODAGWjW4

Advertising is tax deductible, so we all pay for the privilege of being manipulated and controlled.
-Noam Chomsky

Do you think that the amoeba ever dreamed that it would evolve into the frog? Of course it didn't. And when that first frog shimmied out of the water and employed its vocal cords in order to attract a mate or to retard a predator, do you think that that frog ever imagined that that incipient croak would evolve into all the languages of the world, into all the literature of the world? Of course it fucking didn't. And just as that froggy could never possibly have conceived of Shakespeare, so we can never possibly imagine our destiny.
-Naked (1993)

Dorge
#6 Posted : 3/12/2009 12:24:44 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

DarkShaman wrote:
appelseen wrote:

This is quite true.

manyc wrote:
I'm guessing this yellowish tint is a good thing?

Not necessarily.

It really doesn't take long to extract each pull (esp. if one uses warm-hot solvents). I usually only leave my solvents in for 30-45 min. per pull, mixing 3-4 times during this time period. I acquire the majority of the alkaloids in this manner, most of which will freeze precip. to beautiful snow-white crystals. I must mention, however, that the degree of "yellowness" achieved will vary in preference to the extractor, as some prefer the "jungleness" of the yellow (other oils & alkaloids that can be found in mhrb besides dimethyltryptamine).

Additionally, I have found it to be harder to reuse "yellowed" solvents. I just save my yellows for the xylene to pick up.

This is Swims experience as well... Swim also think that using recycled Naphtha will make this more of a possibility as well.

Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

manyc
#7 Posted : 3/22/2009 12:14:35 AM
Manyc

I evaporated that amount of naphtha (haven't tried freeze precipitating yet, though I'd like to) and was left with what must have been at least a gram of snow-white crystals. The smell is unlike anything else I've ever encountered in my life... especially once it's been smoked/vaporized. Though, I can't say that smell is EXACTLY like burning plastic as most people say. It did slightly, but... not exactly.

I'm posting my experience in the appropriate place.

All I will say now, is that never have I experienced such extreme shifts in consciousness, or seen such beautiful displays of colors and impossible shapes. And never, EVER, have I felt that there is something beyond this mundane physical reality where non-physical entities reside.

I do not regret this endeavor at all.
[img]http://www.rense.com/1.imagesF/hemp.gif[/img]
Hemp can save the World.

Know Thyself.

Any and all things declared by this anonymous entity are false.