We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Visual Hallucinations from Cannabis Options

Nathanial.Dread
#1 Posted : 12/27/2012 8:19:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Question: does anyone else hallucinate on cannabis? I have done a lot of research, and the general consensus seems to be that no, while you can get really high, very rarely do people have any kind of visual, except maybe some C.E.V.

I however have had seen some pretty fantastic things, and I don't know if I react weird, or perhaps what happens is normal and I'm misunderstanding was an open-eye visual hallucination is. I'll do my best to describe my experiences, although as you all know, it's hard to convey some aspects of the psychedelic experience with just words.

They come in three types:

Type 1

These are like having a glass plate put in front of my eyes that images seem to be projected on. They are often 2-D, circular or otherwise symmetrical and consist of many different colors and can be very detailed, all though focusing on individual details can be tough. They don't exist in 'real space,' but rather, are plastered across my field of vision. I have gotten these twice when I was very high. One time it was a stylized sun and moon, the other instance was rainbow fish swimming out of my central field of vision.

Things tend to look like cartoons.
Disturbingly, The Simpsons family frequently make appearances in my C.E.V.s and sometimes these. I've never heard of anyone seeing The Simpsons while stoned.

Examples:
- A mandala of swimming fish radiating out from my point of focus.
- A sun and moon orbiting each other, throwing off cartoon flames.
- A waterfall comprised entirely of the residents of Springfield.
- A tabletop becoming a rainbow accretion disk, orbiting a central black hole.

Type 2
This seems to be the closest to a 'classic' LSD or mushroom hallucination. I will look at patterns and they will seem to move or shift. I looked at a painted wall and seemed to see rainbow fish (again) swimming in a line. A girls blue shirt suddenly took on depth and it looked as though I was seeing another world full of blue wind. The carpet in a hall way will rush past like water.

Examples:
- The girls sweater I mentioned earlier
- The fish swimming in the wall
- Entire films playing out looking at a stucco ceiling
- Carpet flowing

Type 3

These involve my brain seeming to process visual information. If you think about an optical illusion (such as the classic vase/face illusion, it's like that. One moment you see a vase, the next moment, you see two faces. Nothing has actually changed, your brain is just interpreting things differently.
I can look at an ordinary thing and see it as something totally strange.
Often time, distances and perspectives will get distorted (often expanded): ordinary sized things look like they are actually massive things that I am looking at from a long way away. The effect is that the visual information is the same, but it looks subjectively 'smaller.'
Also, seemingly random things will become 'highlighted' and stand out to me more.

Examples:
- The stars arranging themselves into patterns. (I saw a monster teddy bear).
- My keyboard screen looking massive, and very far away.
- My curtains look like cliffs, or alternatively, frogs. Or frogs the size of cliffs.
- My desk looked miles long, like a landscape.
- A wadded up shirt turned into a skull.
- The vents on a lamp looked like a smiling face, and then an airship coming into land.
- A fire turned into a pair of crabs, a cave with a man in it, and many others.
- The leaves on a tree looked like a pattern of soldiers marching.

And on one memorable occasion:

- I was transported completely to another world. I had no idea where I was. The leaves in the forest turned into geometric dinosaurs and benches. Distances and perspectives were all screwed up.

I'm fairly certain I've never gotten laced cannabis, as I usually smoke socially and no one else mentions these things.
I very often have to go lie down as the whole thing is very overwhelming.
It happens less often as my tolerance goes up.

So to rephrase my original question: am I crazy, or does everyone experience this and I just never got the memo?

Also, are these kind of like what higher does of mushrooms or LSD are like? I've only ever taken low doses, where I got very intense 'mental pictures' and an emotional roller coaster ride, but no visuals.

DMT is totally different from the cannabis experience, although I've noticed that with very high doses of cannabis, I get the same sort of feeling of being inside my own skull that I get from DMT and meditation.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TheAppleCore
#2 Posted : 12/27/2012 10:01:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you smoke cannabis out of your DMT pipe? lol. I've gotten a bit of unexpected visual action after smoking cannabis out of a pipe that wasn't cleaned well after DMT vaping.

Once, when my friends and I were teenagers and hadn't yet learned the art of moderation, I got obscenely stoned and remember being sucked by a weird black hole vortex thingy into another dimension, where time and gravity and other basic notions were irrelevant. I didn't have "visuals" necessarily, but my vision was extremely... distorted.

The Electric Hippy
#3 Posted : 12/27/2012 10:49:04 AM

Glitch Modulator

I get Type 2 visuals anytime I get stoned. I didn't start getting them until I smoked while on LSD. Interestingly enough, cannabis was a very dumbing down drug for me until I smoked something that was laced, which was about 9 years ago. Very powerful OEV's from what I remember. The high I got after smoking was very similar to that experience for years until I started experimenting with other psychadelics. I've found that the more psychadelics I do in conjunction with cannabis, the more their "spirit" seems to come back when I smoke. Nowadays, I feel a little of the DMT, a little of the LSD, a little of the fungus, a little of the 2-cb. I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect or not. Perhaps cannabis IS a gateway drug, but not in the way we originally imagined.
"In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves" - Buddha

Jin
#4 Posted : 12/27/2012 11:24:25 AM

yes

imagination and cannabis can do wonders ,

Thumbs up
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Mystic0
#5 Posted : 12/27/2012 1:48:43 PM

Ninja of Consciousness

I'm absolutely adamant now, that the majority of people who smoke Cannabis are smoking it in the wrong way, if they are hoping to achieve what you're describing and more.

Yes it can be recreationally, to chill down, to have fun with your friends but, it can also be used as an incredibly potent and powerful hallucinagen and medicine.

I stopped smoking for 2-3 weeks then, a dark room, I smoked as much as I could possibly handle in a short a space of time as possible and began to meditate. Full closed eye visuals, massive manadala and fractal patterns, OBE like feelings, open eye visuals the works. It has to be done in the correct way like many psychedelics available to us.
One can drive himself to madness in the obsessing goal of reason, without the knowledge of love and laughter.

lobo
#6 Posted : 12/27/2012 1:56:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mystic0 wrote:
I'm absolutely adamant now, that the majority of people who smoke Cannabis are smoking it in the wrong way, if they are hoping to achieve what you're describing and more.

Yes it can be recreationally, to chill down, to have fun with your friends but, it can also be used as an incredibly potent and powerful hallucinagen and medicine.

I stopped smoking for 2-3 weeks then, a dark room, I smoked as much as I could possibly handle in a short a space of time as possible and began to meditate. Full closed eye visuals, massive manadala and fractal patterns, OBE like feelings, open eye visuals the works. It has to be done in the correct way like many psychedelics available to us.

I vape some good strain one time and meditate, see colours and patterns like a classic psychedelic... a lot of good think come .... Thumbs up

Ash
#7 Posted : 12/27/2012 2:45:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

-

MomentOfTruth
#8 Posted : 12/27/2012 2:46:01 PM

Astro-Travellin

all the sudden over the last couple weeks i've been getting pretty vivid CEV's if i use cannibas.

i keep thinking that maybe my head is just saturated with DMT or something but its definitely not something i've experienced in the past to any degree worth mentioning.
Coinci-Transcendentalism

GroundSound
#9 Posted : 12/27/2012 5:14:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes! I have CEV's a lot, my most recent I smoked two gram blunts with a friend (I usually do not like blunts but he insisted) and at our peak i closed my eyes and layed my head back and i was going through a tunnel of purple eyeballs. Strange. Also whenever i go riding bikes when i'm really stoned, plants, the sky, clouds, trees, almost all of nature looks like one big painting/cartoon.
Aren't we all microscopic in perspective?

GroundSound is a fictional character and does not have anything to do with anybody in real life, any events or actions he states is pure fiction.

Valura
#10 Posted : 12/27/2012 10:52:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can have visuals and many feelings, it's definitely psychedelic for me at reasonable, average doses.

I'll write some more later with more descriptions / stages, etc.

Factual Paradox
#11 Posted : 12/28/2012 12:01:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for sharing these. Your definitely not alone here! While I don't have the pleasure to experience these as often as I'd like, they do happen from time to time. When I lived in a more country setting, I would go out side at night and see every star visible to the naked eye from my house, which was on 5 acres and completely surrounded by nature, with a tree line surrounding the property. So as you can imagine, I've spent a lot of time out there meditating, smoking or enjoying psychedelics out there. While smoking, the stars would dance and twist for me, and the trees would vibrate and shine a deep lush purple. While driving home, one night, on the right side of the road, I saw an Indian man wrapped in a tribal blanket in my peripheral vision but upon looking directly at him he would separate in to the individual mail boxes lining the road. And lastly, the most profound and vivid experience I had, I was sitting on the front porch, smoking and somewhat meditating, or more letting my mind zone out and drift where ever it pleased, I saw a vision of a man who looked like me, but older, maybe 20 years or so, he was sitting in a chair in a dimly lit office, nice chair, nice desk, surround by book cases. We talked and he told me, he was in fact, me, or more, my future self, and we had a deep and reassuring conversation. So, to sum it up, your not alone here, my advice would be to try and enjoy these experiences, as many of us would like to have these often. Maybe even try to control your visuals the next time and post what happens? Thanks again for the interest post!
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”

AfroHorror
#12 Posted : 12/28/2012 12:44:23 AM

Paradox Entity

The last time i got really high a while after my first few experiences with DMT i experienced some CEVs. A tile pattern and an alarm sound... a bearded man formed out of them and and went back to the tiles. The tiles were mostly a luminescent orange and yellow. i haven't got that high since... i ended up feeling kind of sick, it wasn't an enjoyable night. Other than that i've had audio hallucinations at a concert which was a bad trip.
The Code Was Written In Blood
When the People Fear the Government there is Tyranny, When the Government Fears the People there is Liberty Thomas Jefferson
I AM THE HARDEST AND THE SOFTEST, WE ARE ONE.

Parshvik Chintan
#13 Posted : 12/28/2012 1:01:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mystic0 wrote:

i overindulge, but the few dry spells i still endure, i relish as it makes the rain that much sweeter

it makes me wish i had willpower, but i can't convince myself to stop as easily as i could substances that i felt were actually harming me.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Nathanial.Dread
#14 Posted : 12/28/2012 4:33:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, thanks for all the interesting stories, guys.
I guess we sometimes underestimate the psychedelic power of cannabis, since it's sort of become the purview of 'stoners.'

Are any of the visuals described like what you find an effective does of psilocybin or LSD is like? Or are those visuals completely different.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Guyomech
#15 Posted : 12/28/2012 5:32:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

They're similar but different. Cannabis is a light psychedelic, essentially part of the same spectrum as acid and shrooms, but it takes high doses and/or low tolerance to really get visuals. I've been a steady 2-bowls-a-day guy for a long time, but if I go way over that I'll sometimes get a few subtle open eye effects. The first one- and I don't think cannabis is required for this, but it makes it way more likely- is those crawling white dots, which are the same whether your eyes are open or closed... They tend to be a "woops, stood up too fast" kind of thing.

In addition, if it's late and I'm both tired and stoned, possibly a late third bowl, the textured paint job in the bathroom might crawl a little like 100ug of acid could bring on. It can actually be pretty pronounced. I bet it would make carpet crawl too (we are all hardwood).

I'll get some rare CEV action, third or fourth bowl, usually in a light, colorless computer simulation of painting or sculpting action happening with telepathic digital tools. Brightness and color wise, it's a pale afterimage compared to what acid and shrooms can give you at moderate to high doses.

And I've had a couple high order, white -light epiphanies on really potent hashish.

jamie
#16 Posted : 12/28/2012 6:50:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I once saw a cat start to talk to me in an english accent from cannabis okay..
Long live the unwoke.

daedaloops
#17 Posted : 12/28/2012 7:12:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, nice to know that it's not that uncommon..

A strangely relevant and synchronistic thread that I resurrected yesterday after having an out of body experience on weed:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=30832

jamie
#18 Posted : 12/28/2012 7:39:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I think anyone that would says "no" might change their mind if they just stopped smoking for about 4 weeks and then sat down with a nice bong and took some hits. I dont think people are that different really..

If you look into most of the old esoteric literature etc surrounding the esoteric use of hash in europe way back among intellectuals and hash eating clubs it is obvious that certain cannabinoids are powerful psychedelics for most people when they do not have any tolerance and ingest a sufficient ammount.

A daily smoker just wont get to those levels.

When I smoked about a half ounce a week I used to smoke late at night as I went to bed to aid in remote viewing before I fell asleap..well remote viewing is the only term I can come up with. It was like hynogogia but as real as real life. Like I could view a street corner in some place like Paris and watch people buy newspapers as they walked by etc..really weird stuff. Happens at times normally too but with cannabis it happened every single time.
Long live the unwoke.

Parshvik Chintan
#19 Posted : 12/28/2012 10:00:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

also, eating edibles (especially ones prepared with high quality hash) in conjunction with smoking can take you much farther and keep you there for a bit longer.

just be careful not to overdo it on the edibles or you might pass out Very happy.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

AfroHorror
#20 Posted : 12/29/2012 7:49:30 AM

Paradox Entity

I remember i used to get a lot of visuals alone in my car usually in relation to the music i was playing, As if i was falling in and out of a dream (sleep).
When i smoked that much i always just felt it was time to stop. It makes me want to explore my limitations with cannabis now.
Who wants to gift me a nice blunt? =]
The Code Was Written In Blood
When the People Fear the Government there is Tyranny, When the Government Fears the People there is Liberty Thomas Jefferson
I AM THE HARDEST AND THE SOFTEST, WE ARE ONE.