We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Such sad news Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 12/25/2012 2:11:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Myan temple damaged at Tikal

This is the very same temple that olympus mon, myself, and Mrs Ice House visited last year that is the topic of this Mayan Wonders section.

Leave it to humans to royally fuck up a good thing.

Bummer,

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DeMenTed
#2 Posted : 12/25/2012 3:02:11 AM

Barry

Humans are idiots! Hopefully the damage isn't too severe.

Ice House
#3 Posted : 12/25/2012 3:23:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Last year the very private celebration we attended was only open to Mayans who could trace their lineage back to Tikal. So the story goes that there are only 300+ of those acestors left alive. This was told to us by an english speaking mayan Indian in attendence.

It is beyond me why they would allow 7,000 tourists into a ceremony like that.

Can you imagine what the Mayan indians think of outsiders now? It cant be good.

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

jamie
#4 Posted : 12/25/2012 6:12:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"It is beyond me why they would allow 7,000 tourists into a ceremony like that."

Money I would assume. Those temples are not under the control of the mayan people from my understanding..they are allowed to do certain ceremonies etc there but some ceremonies they cant becasue of tourism etc. From what I have been told it's all run by people who make money off of the tourists.

It's just like the Inca dont really seem to have the rights to oversee what goes on at Machu Pichu..I dont think just any Inca person is allowed to spend the night there to do ceremonies etc..

Same with Egypt etc. Tourism is big money.

Long live the unwoke.