We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2345NEXT
Celastrus Paniculatus - "Intellect Tree" Options

Macre
#61 Posted : 10/4/2012 9:10:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ordered 100g of these seeds today. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

flickedbic
#62 Posted : 10/7/2012 4:10:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please do.

I have also found the nice "on point mentality" effects with these seeds.

I have heard to start with a seed; and then add a seed a day (up to 100 daily) untill you reach your desired effect. Usually I just chew 'em up good but today before work I ground and encapsulated 15 of them along with another ayurvedic seed said to be used for intelligence; 4 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds.

I sipped on some Lemon essential oil/lemonade to prevent LSA nausea. I then chewed some Kola acuminata nut for vasodialating and euphoric effect with a lightweight and tingling body-feel. At one point I was really grooving; singing out loud with(out a care) and almost moved to tears by the song "The Sun is Shining Down" by J.J. Grey & MOFRO.Love

Doing calculations in my head was quick and easy. Might come in handy for math class.

I'll definitely continue with the seeds; alone and in this new combination.

Blessings.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

The Neural
#63 Posted : 11/15/2012 9:55:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please see my post at this thread https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=404827#post404827

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

flickedbic
#64 Posted : 11/15/2012 4:28:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting post... I wonder if there is neurotoxicity in those who have worked up to 100 seeds daily? I definitely would not jump into such doses.

Quote:
It improves memory processes in rats, and produced improvement in IQ in mentally retarded children….does not have any lethal or neurotoxic effects…"

2) "Effects of Celastrus paniculatus on passive avoidance performance and biogenic amine turnover in albinio rats" Nalina, et. Al. 1995. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 47:101-108

Blessings.
All readable matter in the above post is ficticious.

Any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Without prejudice.

The Neural
#65 Posted : 11/15/2012 9:48:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed, it does not really seem to cause neurotoxicity, in fact due to its anti-oxidative action it may show neuroprotective effects. But I guess it's the acetylcholine excess that should worry us at high doses.

As a side note, MAOi should not interfere, since neither A nor B are involved in oxidizing acetylcholine. But that's just an observation on the direct action of MAOIs, there could potentially be other indirect interactions between MAO inhibition and acetylcholinesterase inhibition for all we know.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

Vodsel
#66 Posted : 11/15/2012 10:32:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

I figured that Celastrus action would have an effect on acetylcholine levels but I didn't know the basic mechanism, so thank you for your observations.

The combination of small-to-medium doses of Celastrus seeds with oneirogens like Silene Capensis has been in my mind for some time. The AC bits are a part of the puzzle, but since the exact mechanism of the triterpenoid saponins in Silene is not known AFAIK, the rest is mostly speculation. Triterpenoid saponins work through the BBB and increase permeability in the cells by binding to cholesterol in the cell membranes, but that fact alone shouldn't account for the effects of Silene in particular.

Anyone here has combined Celastrus with Silene (or Calea, or Synaptolepis) with relevant results?

The Neural
#67 Posted : 11/16/2012 8:54:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You just instigated a possibly feasible hypothesis: If we increase acetylcholine (by any means, e.g. Celastrus seeds), and this increase is sustained throughout sleep, it should make sense that it may enhance dream lucidity during sleep and dream recall the next day, since an increase in acetylcholine is involved in improving memory performance and attention. Deriving from that hypothesis, it may indeed show high synergy with any of the class (entada, silene, calea, etc).

Vodsel
#68 Posted : 11/17/2012 12:35:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

It's settled then. I have access to the Celastrus-Silene-Calea triad, I will assay and report. Although the outcome is fairly predictable, and some experienced members (namely, Hyperspace Fool) have already implied there is good synergy.

daedaloops
#69 Posted : 11/30/2012 8:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When people say they take X amount of seeds, are they talking about the little individual seeds or the whole seeds that have 3 of the little ones in them?

I've recently started eating 20 whole seeds daily as I assumed people meant those, so I guess that would be 60 little ones.. and well it's definitely doing something, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is that it's doing, but I'm getting more things done and the mindscape is more clear and efficient. It's easier to pursue thought trains further. Could be partly just placebo I guess.

Vodsel
#70 Posted : 11/30/2012 11:49:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always understood seeds = individual seeds, not the whole seed pod thingies. At least I've had between 20-50 individual seeds when dosing, and I honestly don't think the effects I've noticed are merely placebo.

embracethevoid
#71 Posted : 12/1/2012 2:25:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CosmicLion wrote:
Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory Properties
http://www.sciencedirect...cle/pii/037887419490085X

Anti-Oxidant and Cognitive Enhancing Abilities
http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S094471130470118X

Significant Increase in Memory Retention & "decrease in the turnover" of the 3 Major Neurochemicals (Dopamine, Norepinephrine, Serotonin)

http://www.sciencedirect...cle/pii/037887419501264E
-NOTE-
--An increase in turnover of these transmitters decreases memory and becomes neurotoxic. Confirmed w/ neuroscientist.
--A decrease such as the one shown is neuroprotective in the brain.

Anti-Malarial Activity
http://onlinelibrary.wil.../ptr.2650030405/abstract

Celastrus Completely Reverses a scopolamine-induced task performance deficit: Enhances Cognition
http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S0091305796003917

Free-Radical Scavenging (Neuroprotective) Properties

http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S0944711304700203

Protection Against Induced Toxicity + More About Free-Radical Scavenging
http://www.sciencedirect...le/pii/S0944711305000863

Intestinal Relaxation Properties for Intestinal Disorders

https://www.thieme-conne...oi/10.1055/s-2004-827190

Antispermatogenic Action + Reversal Liver Effects
http://www.sciencedirect...cle/pii/037887419090080D

What a motherload! Thanks, quoting for more visibility.

I have a little experience with these seeds now. They are excellent for clearing away brain fog, fatigue and tiredness which I presume would themselves be the result of various kinds of oxidative stress.

A similar clarity is attained using N-Acetyl-Cysteine but these in addition to NAC still exert a pronounced effect implying that antioxidation is probably not the only means of effect. Acetyl-L-Carnitine is used as a choline source.

Could someone please comment on how the freshness of these seeds affects their efficacy? I have them stored air sealed in a cool dry dark place (cupboard) and I am wondering how long they would last?

The Neural
#72 Posted : 12/1/2012 9:31:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Someone boiled 25 grams of fresh (moist and tender) dark red Celastrus Paniculatus seeds for 3-4 hours with a Ph of 5.5 (achieved by acetic acid drops), filtered and boiled down the liquid. Evaporated watery sludge in oven at 100 Celsius, until dry. Scraped up 2200mg of dark brown crystalline goo. Apparently, this extract could resemble the result of the process used by Gattu et al. *

100mg were weighed and thrown into a cup of freshly brewed Assam tea (black tea). After 10-12 sips (almost half a cup), approx. 20 minutes after first sip, this someone experienced light headedness, sensation of vasoconstriction (not unlike LSA), excessive number of trips to the bathroom for urination, and hot/cold flushes. Blood pressure felt somewhat weak and insufficient, and noticed a great need for fidgeting. There were intermittent spells of headache, similar to a morning hangover with no water consumption overnight. No increased concentration whatsoever, and minor irritability. The whole experience felt rather uncomfortable, and lasted approximately 2 hours.

Myself, I can only make the comparison to the symptoms of "SLUDGE syndrome", or more plainly put, cholinergic activity in overabundance. Not the best cluster of symptoms for our system.

While in the above study rats received 100-300mg per subject, and this person's subjective report could be placebo, bad seeds or what have you, I feel obliged to suggest caution with the aqueous extract dosage.

* Gattu et al. (1997). Reversal of Scopolamine-Induced Deficits in Navigational Memory Performance by the Seed Oil of Celastrus paniculatus. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, 57(4), 793-799.

Jin
#73 Posted : 12/5/2012 5:54:13 AM

yes

i have to get these seeds somehow , i am growing stupider by the day
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Espiridion
#74 Posted : 12/5/2012 5:38:23 PM

--who.??..ME??--

YESSS!!!
.....These seeds are becoming a quick favorite of mine...I try new vines, roots, leaves, aerials and seeds regularly and Celastrus certainly stands out. For me the effects are are a wonderful body warmth that is like nothing I've ever felt. A quiet but solid mental boost in clarity and creativity and an almost insane increase in dream vividness and recall...mixed tham last night with griffonia simplicifolia( 5 HTP ) and felt wonderful...no..they are not 'in your face' but if you are tuned into yourself they are so well above placebo that everyone should give them a shot. They are neuroprotective and keep neurotransmitter levels even so certainly good for depression (IMHO).

I'd love a follow up on the poster who was going to mix with silene capensis...I myself will try this tonight( along with griffonia ) and at some point as an admixture to a well known brew. (*** sidenote: silene as an admixture is quite nice).

I recommend these seeds to all. They are inexpensive and available and unlikely to ever cause a second look from 'the man'. I ordered from Meridian Botanicals...about a week to 10 days..good people.

namaste nexus!!

E
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

nexalizer
#75 Posted : 12/5/2012 8:21:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Espiridion wrote:
.They are neuroprotective and keep neurotransmitter levels even so certainly good for depression (IMHO)

Out of curiosity, is this your personal opinion or do we have sources for the statement?
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

The Neural
#76 Posted : 12/5/2012 10:01:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Espiridion wrote:
and keep neurotransmitter levels even so certainly good for depression (IMHO).

They actually increase acetylcholine (neurotransmitter) to a level above normality, so definitely not keeping them "even". In addition, to individuals with already increased acetylcholine in their normal neurochemical profile, the seeds should not be recommended.

Ufostrahlen
#77 Posted : 12/11/2012 11:12:21 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Bought 25g from MH-UK because of this thread. They arrived today. Weird taste. Took 20 seeds for a start, let's see how they affect memory and dreaming.
Ufostrahlen attached the following image(s):
Celastrus.jpg (197kb) downloaded 155 time(s).
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Jin
#78 Posted : 12/19/2012 8:20:03 PM

yes

just got some seeds and consumed them , hopefully i'll become intelligent or perhaps more concentrated atleast , oh i guess i am feeling it right now as i write

anyways has anyone smoked dmt on these seeds for better recollection and perhaps more concentration during the experience

i'll not be smoking today however i will report in a few days if there is improved recall

edit : only placebo yet
however i am not giving up so soon , tommorow is another day

Jin
#79 Posted : 12/27/2012 11:21:46 AM

yes

i have been having this for a few days and hardly notice any effect , no effects absolutely or maybe too minute to notice

Ufostrahlen
#80 Posted : 12/27/2012 11:59:23 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

The same here. Took them now for 16 days straight with doses from 20 up to 50 seeds per day. No increased mental sharpness, no improved dream recall. Maybe they are great for fixing the DNA, but I don't notice anything. So I won't buy them again...
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

«PREV2345NEXT