We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Please Help, bizzar situaton with OBE Options

sc001
#1 Posted : 12/5/2012 4:12:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

im not sure if many people have exprienced or heard of what im about to explain, but i really hope there is someone out there.

Im a exprienced lucid dreamer (13 years now) and only recently have gotten into OBE (1 or so year). I have Tinnitus, which if your not sure what it is, it is a constant hissing, whissling sound of some sort of frequency which you hear in your mind non stop. Eventually i learned to use it to reach OBE with good success on several occasions, by simply just focusing my attention on the sound as i relaxed deeply, with good success on several occasions until the past 6 or so months.

Basically previously when i had success, i would keep focused on the buzzing until it got extremely loud, the more relaxed i got the louder the sound became and when it was very loud i knew it was time i could leave my body.

But latly it is not as easy, as when i try to leave my body i feel very powerfull and intense electric shocks in my brain, as if your climbing the power lines in front of your house and connecting the 2 powerlines that run next to eachother with a metal object, and you can imagine the elctric shock it would make. It almost makes it seem like my brain is a electric computer and as i try to leave my body it short circuits and the fuse is about to blow. I feel a very intense spark every time i try to leave.

any one have any clue?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Beelzebozo
#2 Posted : 12/5/2012 4:54:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have limited experience with OBEs, but the electric shock in the brain part sounds very familiar to me. It seems odd that it would halt your progress, as sensations like that are usually hallmarks of out of body experiences. Perhaps the fact that it is unfamiliar is keeping you from relaxing and letting go? I don't know, as I say, I'm no veteran.
Quote:
I have come to believe that in the world there is nothing to explain the world.

―Loren Eiseley

sc001
#3 Posted : 12/5/2012 7:11:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Beelzebozo wrote:
I have limited experience with OBEs, but the electric shock in the brain part sounds very familiar to me. It seems odd that it would halt your progress, as sensations like that are usually hallmarks of out of body experiences. Perhaps the fact that it is unfamiliar is keeping you from relaxing and letting go? I don't know, as I say, I'm no veteran.

it never used to happen, it could be because im not relaxed enough as im trying to exit the body, or maybe im doing it too early or trying to intensly not sure. But by the sound and intensity of the spark i get very worries that it might do some damage. But i dont feel any pain or anything diffrent as soon as i pull out.

march
#4 Posted : 12/5/2012 8:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel an electricity while tripping high doses of 2c-e but it's not just in my brain,in every part of me and also any part of me.Like feeling the synapsis between the neurons,like beyond the orgasm.Actually I love this feeling and this is the main reason that I still want to take 2c-e sometimes.It only does while my eyes closed,I never felt it with open eyes independent from the dose I take.So it should not be a physical origin matter.It happens after I deeply concentrate closd eye visuals.It's very nice for me but I've heard many people don't like it and they worry about it may be seizure like thing.I don't know it is related or not with your situation but I just thought maybe it is similar.And I've also heard something by the name of ''metallic edge'' most related with lsd and 2c-e and I guess this is what I talk about but I'm not sure.

I've also lived OBEs many times.It was happening when I was a child almost 2-3 times in a week.Sometimes 2-3 times in a night.But all of them were happening involuntary and I was sick and tired of them mostly because of my wrong beliefs at the time.Now I want to able to do it again but it's so hard now ironically.However I really know how it's happening.You can't go out when the sound is very loud,you just can exit after the sound has gone,in the moment of total silence.Sometimes it happens very quickly,you may find yourself out without any sound or vibe and suddenly(that was happening to me) and sometimes sound getting louder and louder with hard vibrations.I always love this sound and vibrations but I could never been succeed while this is happening,because I always lost my concentration after hearing the whispers in the loud.I don't think it's about fear but I just lost my concentration or well being.Maybe I'm just interesting sound and vibrations overmuch and don't want to leave it at the moment.

beacon
#5 Posted : 12/9/2012 6:48:56 PM

who can say

i can't comment on the electric shocks, but the DMT carrier wave and the sleep paralysis / OBE carrier wave are definitely the same sound / frequency.
god saved me from drowning
then kicked me to death on the beach

Non Dua Natura
#6 Posted : 12/9/2012 9:47:50 PM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

Sc001 wrote:
But latly it is not as easy, as when i try to leave my body i feel very powerfull and intense electric shocks in my brain, as if your climbing the power lines in front of your house and connecting the 2 powerlines that run next to eachother with a metal object, and you can imagine the elctric shock it would make. It almost makes it seem like my brain is a electric computer and as i try to leave my body it short circuits and the fuse is about to blow. I feel a very intense spark every time i try to leave.

I know exactly what you mean and have experienced this literally hundreds of times, it's sometimes called, rather hilariously, "exploding head syndrome" but the overall experience is very much like having this imaginary 'shock' going through your brain. Sometimes I would get it as being like a "popping" or "banging" sort of thing, usually while I lay down before going to sleep.

If you've ever taken SSRI's, the withdrawal process involved tends to cause similar sensations and other 'electrical' shocks. I have no idea what causes it but it's not uncommon to experience it while astrally projecting, if you can get past the shock when it happens and stay focused then you can go deeper as it's almost like you've burst through a membrane or something.

Edited to add: Wikipedia has a reasonably good article on it here.
When it blows, it stacks...

Cosmiclearning
#7 Posted : 12/9/2012 10:21:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I experienced a popping in my brain during an OBE the other day, was told by the entities they were boring new pathways Smile lol
I live in Aruba with Elvis and Makaveli. We produce sick beats all day and make up silly stories on the internet. All of my stories are fictitious, must be all the second hand pot smoke from Tupac.

sc001
#8 Posted : 12/10/2012 2:19:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Non Dua Natura wrote:
Sc001 wrote:

I know exactly what you mean and have experienced this literally hundreds of times, it's sometimes called, rather hilariously, "exploding head syndrome" but the overall experience is very much like having this imaginary 'shock' going through your brain. Sometimes I would get it as being like a "popping" or "banging" sort of thing, usually while I lay down before going to sleep.

If you've ever taken SSRI's, the withdrawal process involved tends to cause similar sensations and other 'electrical' shocks. I have no idea what causes it but it's not uncommon to experience it while astrally projecting, if you can get past the shock when it happens and stay focused then you can go deeper as it's almost like you've burst through a membrane or something.

Edited to add: Wikipedia has a reasonably good article on it here.

so how do you deal with it? do you get past that stage and OBE?

im not sure if when it happens i should take a step back and relax and try again or just try to exit regardless of the sound?

i was bit worried and thought maybe those people who get caught in the trance state and get stuck there for long time, maybe this is hw it happens, maybe the banging sound could damage the ability of your body to bring bakc your soul same as when you die.

i want to know how the sound is made, why do i feel it so loud and intence

sc001
#9 Posted : 12/10/2012 2:22:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey

i just want to know how my exprience compares to other peoples.

I noticed when i leave my body sometimes my field of vision is very fuzzy and unclear, like if you open your eyes under water.

Other times it just turns into dream state, and my room doesnt look like how it is at the time.

So what do you exprience, when you leave your body and look around do you see it exactly like how it is at the time or diffrent? Also can you travel through walls and doors as last time i struggled a bit?

beacon
#10 Posted : 12/10/2012 3:26:55 PM

who can say

I've only gone out of body during sleep paralysis states. The first time was instant, I heard the carrier wave, tuned into it and was standing in the middle of my downstairs living room all of a sudden. I didn't quite realize what was going on and remember thinking 'why am I up already'. It didn't feel like being underwater at all, I could see my entire room with quite some clarity.

It seems like your OBEs are at a more conscious stage than mine as you've clearly tried going through walls.
god saved me from drowning
then kicked me to death on the beach

Non Dua Natura
#11 Posted : 12/10/2012 10:21:22 PM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

Sc001 wrote:
so how do you deal with it? do you get past that stage and OBE?

im not sure if when it happens i should take a step back and relax and try again or just try to exit regardless of the sound?

I tend to avoid describing these sorts of things in terms of OBE's as I don't think it's a very accurate description of what's involved. Have you actually succeeded in 'leaving' your body yet?

I suspect that part of what's causing you to be 'pulled back' by these sensations is a mixture of anxiety and, quite possibly, poor technique. By this, I mean that you're maybe approaching this practice with the wrong mindset and with some false assumptions about the nature of mind and body. Would you mind explaining what it is you actually do when you're trying to get an 'OBE'? It'd be helpful to know 'cause it'll make it easier to make a few practical suggestions and maybe figure out why you're not getting there.

Quote:
i was bit worried and thought maybe those people who get caught in the trance state and get stuck there for long time, maybe this is hw it happens, maybe the banging sound could damage the ability of your body to bring bakc your soul same as when you die.

In all seriousness, I think your fears are ungrounded; getting stuck in trance states is incredibly rare and almost impossible if you're just trying to do basic astral or etheric projection. A lot of what's written about these practices is, to put it bluntly, bullshit which is written by people who don't really know what they're talking about.

I could say more about the whole soul leaving the body/death thing, but know this: That's not the way it happens. Your 'soul', whatever that is, doesn't 'leave' your body when you "astrally" or "etherically" project, that's complete nonsense and so I would suggest putting those concerns from your mind. These sounds you experience may not even be directly related to trying to project, never mind being any sort of indicator of a 'soul' leaving the body.

I'll see if I can dig out any good, reliable material on this and send you the links. Just take the information and explanations provided on most sites with a massive pinch of salt.

Quote:
i want to know how the sound is made, why do i feel it so loud and intence

That's something I have no answer for, but I can relate to the loudness and intensity as I've experienced it in that way too. Just stick with your practice, returning to concentrating on the natural flow of the breath if you get distracted or find yourself trailing off into thought.

Hope that helps a bit.
When it blows, it stacks...

Jin
#12 Posted : 12/11/2012 2:44:04 AM

yes

sc001 wrote:
powerfull and intense electric shocks in my brain

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Alex101
#13 Posted : 12/11/2012 2:59:45 AM

Juice Man

I'm not sure if it was lucid dreaming or an OBE but i was trying to learn how to fly. I landed on a road and realized i was concious, so i tried to run at super speed. It is always blurry but until i start flying or input concious thought or control, things appear to sharpen instantly.But no underwater feelings or anything, just blurred vision.

I have experienced sleep paralysis which is probably the most real i've experienced during the dream state. It was only about 15 seconds, it was dark and my vision of things were more 'wavy' and transparent. Then this black entity of some kind grabbed me on the shoulder and i woke.It was solid by a thin layer but liquidy on the inside. It is hard to describe the place for it was only for a short amount of time.

sc001
#14 Posted : 12/11/2012 3:05:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i noticed sometimes its hard to distinguish or know if your OBE'ng or slipped into a dream state and you can get tricked very easily.

The only true OBE i felt for my self was where everything seemed fuzzy with wierd sounds, it just felt like my sould was really operating without my body in the physical world

sc001
#15 Posted : 12/11/2012 3:38:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Non Dua Natura wrote:

I suspect that part of what's causing you to be 'pulled back' by these sensations is a mixture of anxiety and, quite possibly, poor technique. By this, I mean that you're maybe approaching this practice with the wrong mindset and with some false assumptions about the nature of mind and body. Would you mind explaining what it is you actually do when you're trying to get an 'OBE'? It'd be helpful to know 'cause it'll make it easier to make a few practical suggestions and maybe figure out why you're not getting there.

I have done OBE before its not the first time, its only recently when i hear these explosion sounds.

Well my technique is to lie down, get very relaxed and comfortable, cloe my eyes, keep my mind silent by lestening to the sound of my tinnitus, once my body is completly at sleep and paralysed ( I know when this happens because you feel it happen and audio hallucinations begin). From this point i just imagine my soul and with my intent/will i raise my self above my body. Then i feel my self floating around the room. So a technique is only poor if it doesnt work and another technique can only be better if it provides faster more efficient result.

The reason why i listen to the tinnitus sound is because i had no other way of maintaining a silent mind and this was the only thing i could use successfully.

Quote:
In all seriousness, I think your fears are ungrounded; getting stuck in trance states is incredibly rare and almost impossible if you're just trying to do basic astral or etheric projection. A lot of what's written about these practices is, to put it bluntly, bullshit which is written by people who don't really know what they're talking about.

Yes i have some fears and all of them are pretty much ungrounded or fake, everytime i still have my child hood fears that evil entities will come and grab me etc like i exprienced in sleep pralysis when i was very young

[/quote]
I could say more about the whole soul leaving the body/death thing, but know this: That's not the way it happens. Your 'soul', whatever that is, doesn't 'leave' your body when you "astrally" or "etherically" project, that's complete nonsense and so I would suggest putting those concerns from your mind. These sounds you experience may not even be directly related to trying to project, never mind being any sort of indicator of a 'soul' leaving the body.[/quote]

this is a very comlex topic and it links to the disscussion of our existance.

Diffrent explinations can be true.

Iv came to realise everything is made up of frequencies/sound. Your Third eye is the only eye and depending on what frequency it is operating at at the time, you will exprience the reality with in that frequency range. So now that were awake its operating mayb at a higher frequency and the diffrence between high and low frequency could be that your bound to the field of frequence that you operate in hence creating limitations, where as when you relax and the frequency off the 3rd eye reaches lower and lower levels, you eventually leave this "physical reality" frequency range and eventually reach lower ranges where your no longer bound by the higher level or its limitations allowing you more freedom to travel the field.

So i have to agree with you on never leaving the body, as the body was never really physical to begin with and really its only an illusion like everything els you see, as physical reality analysis and logic tells us that everything is made of a group of smaller particles.

but i can only use terms to communicate with you that is geenral for people.

[/quote]
That's something I have no answer for, but I can relate to the loudness and intensity as I've experienced it in that way too. Just stick with your practice, returning to concentrating on the natural flow of the breath if you get distracted or find yourself trailing off into thought.

Hope that helps a bit.
[/quote]

I have tried the focusing on my breath, just doesnt work for me, my mind always pulls me into a convo, and it just makes me give up. My focus isnt strong enough, but what helps me is listening. If i listen to my breath, it looses its automatic flow of breathing and brething becomes manual, mixed wit mind chatter its almost impossible

Alex101
#16 Posted : 12/11/2012 4:30:55 AM

Juice Man

Well in that case i probably havent had an OBE because i haven't heard sounds.I had a book years back called Astral Dynamics, there is apparently quite a few stages before the OBE. But the OBE shares core themes, where as dreams usually tend to be mostly subjective.

sc001
#17 Posted : 12/11/2012 5:11:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Alex101 wrote:
Well in that case i probably havent had an OBE because i haven't heard sounds.I had a book years back called Astral Dynamics, there is apparently quite a few stages before the OBE. But the OBE shares core themes, where as dreams usually tend to be mostly subjective.

well it is confusing, and maybe you have and i havnt.

like i said sometimes im not sure if im in a dream or OBE?

like once when i thought i had an OBE, it was at night 11pm, but when i thought i had exited my body it was day time with my other family memebers who dont live with me sitting in my loung room which seem like a dream.

But it feels like the onlyy real one was when i felt my soul leave my body while still in the physical reality.

thats why i want to know peoples exprience and compare it to mine

wage.
#18 Posted : 12/11/2012 7:54:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Back in June I had something like Exploding Head Syndrome.

I was tapering off the SSRI Citalopram at the time. I remember awakening to a huge exploding sound that wouldn't go away, a sense of panic gave way and I felt hot and cold flushes going throughout my body, I opened my eyes and I couldn't move.

There were hallucinations when I turned my eyes towards the bedroom door, it seemed to be morphing and I thought I saw it open which scared me even more because I was temporarily paralysed.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."