We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
If you're having trouble getting crystals from acrb, use this tek (thick-light) Options

The Meddling Monk
#41 Posted : 12/3/2012 9:47:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that's likely Thick-light. Nen wrote somewhere in here [enetheohenic effects of NMT] that NMT was only partially soluble in naphtha (compared with DMT, if i recall) . Remember, though, the NMT levels changed massively with season in the plant he was studying NMT in.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Dr John
#42 Posted : 12/5/2012 9:21:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Finally poured off my first pull. This tek is golden. i am a complete newbie at dmt extraction, and i did make a fairly dumb mistake, but still very happy with results.

http://postimage.org/image/ngmjaqyu1/

http://postimage.org/image/pux1ptimd/9e626809/

i also warn everyone to reduce down to 1000ml. not 1500, before putting in mason jar.

RustySpoon
#43 Posted : 12/5/2012 10:31:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

those xtals dont look fluffy? were they quite waxy and gooey? did you use powder or shredded bark? what was your yield? how much bark did you use and what was your final weight?

Dr John
#44 Posted : 12/6/2012 5:22:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that pic was when still drying.. i suppose i can take another one of it all dry. looks like white snow. that bowl in pic had a bit over a gram(not including goo). certainly hoping to pull a lot more, i used 500 g bark. my first pull was my first pull ever and i did make a mistake. will update on final weight when all done.

btw, as the goo dry, it gets easier to separate from the crystal.. i like the goo, i licked it off my fingers and got a strong buzz..

dzznutzz
#45 Posted : 12/8/2012 4:13:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also ended up with a red wax ...it was weird because crystals were perfect white in the first few pulls... Then melted into a goo... I put it down to living in the tropics at the time... But great to smoke ... I personally think the NMT creates a different effect. I've read somewhere that confusa root bark is orally active by itself ... And contains traces of 5 meo dmt ... Can anyone confirm this ? Ill try this trek next time round . Thanks

kdtbzvn
#46 Posted : 12/8/2012 4:15:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am a new member to participate, but I've read a lot of helpful articles from this forum.Thank you so much everyone for sharing.

Swinjin
#47 Posted : 12/9/2012 2:17:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr John wrote:
that pic was when still drying.. i suppose i can take another one of it all dry. looks like white snow. that bowl in pic had a bit over a gram(not including goo). certainly hoping to pull a lot more, i used 500 g bark. my first pull was my first pull ever and i did make a mistake. will update on final weight when all done.

btw, as the goo dry, it gets easier to separate from the crystal.. i like the goo, i licked it off my fingers and got a strong buzz..

Can you elaborate on the mistake you made?

thick-light
#48 Posted : 12/9/2012 5:06:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beteween The naptha pulling mostly dmt and the climate I think this was a perfect storm, I ordered more from the same supplier to compare reslults but am still waiting on that. All I can say is AC is a very interesting treee, and deserves a lot of attention.

Also if anyone can help with a tek for wiki I would appreciate it since i'm not to good at using the format one must write in to create the page, any help????
I love all of you!

*oneironaut*
#49 Posted : 12/9/2012 5:42:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Thick-Light!

Great write-up, a buddy of mine has an order of 500g AC on the way and this sounds like a great tek for him, nice work! Question: what is the function of freeze/thawing the bark? Also, on you subsequent boils are you doing 2000ml H20/100ml Vinegar for each one?

-Respect
You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!

thick-light
#50 Posted : 12/9/2012 6:17:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it lyses the cells so more alks can come out ie.. san pedro extractions. Not neccassarry but seems to help.
I love all of you!

thick-light
#51 Posted : 12/9/2012 6:21:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The more DMT you can get in the in the boils the more dmt that will saturate the hot naptha
that upon cooling drops crystals and structures are formed. It's def. better to start withh 500 grams ensuring that the dmt conent will be high that way your naptha will become staturated with that first. Resulting in great dmt yields.. I added icecream salt and pulled more nmt/dmt out taking it to almost 8 grams as a total yield.
I love all of you!

*oneironaut*
#52 Posted : 12/9/2012 10:38:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thick-light wrote:
I think it lyses the cells so more alks can come out ie.. san pedro extractions. Not neccassarry but seems to help.

Thanks! Welll, with your apparent success, no point skipping any steps Smile and sorry to ask aain, but to clarify, you are doing each boil with fresh distilled 2000ml h2o and 100ml vinegar right? So in the end you took 10000ml down to 1500ml.. given my complex math calculation is correct Confused

Oh and if you keep at it, you might just get that target 9grams after all Big grin

Whiteshadow85
#53 Posted : 12/10/2012 1:01:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thick-light,

Thanks for sharing ur tek with us it is very helpful. I just ordered 454g of acrb and I'm about to try my first extraction usin your tek. Could you please message me, I have a few questions about it if u don't mind. I don't want to make any mistakes so I'm trying to know as much as possible.

thick-light
#54 Posted : 12/10/2012 2:31:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been prompted to put it up on the wiki but find laziness and a little hatred of computers and whatever code(I don't even think it uses one to write it up. LOL) but follow the steps on the first few posts, the rest are just problems I ran into and how I solved them. 150ml gar to 2000ml h2O boiled 1-2 hours. Powereded bark sucks, good luck with the filtering for consecutive boils, unless you got the macgruber edge. 5 boils got it alll out although the 5th one was light brownish red and wasn't completely nec. but I like to get the most out of my bark. This also started as an experiment so feel free to do what your noggin teells you to, and remember that nmt content in this bark changes from season to season and i'm sure there are other factors..... be careful have fun, post results.
I love all of you!

RustySpoon
#55 Posted : 12/11/2012 12:38:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

quick question thick light. were you combining all of your cooks together? and were you using a collection jar for your naptha or did you keep each pull separate?

anyone else ending up with goo, are you combining the cooks then doing a few pulls and collecting all into 1 jar?

cant believe i didnt think of this, but i combined all 3 or 4 cooks together, then did 3 pulls into 1 collection jar before trying to freeze. if thick light was getting more goo toward the end, after a couple pulls, the naptha was picking up a higher ratio of nmt, it would be a good idea to keep each pull separate Razz

Satori1111
#56 Posted : 12/11/2012 7:33:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Namaste everyone.

Once again, Thick Light ~ Amazing Tek/Well Written and very informative.

I'm curious though, assuming one is using Root Bark, from a well aged tree(10+ years), in ideal season for maximum content, shouldn't there be more of a yield with Acacia Vs Mimosa.

For instance, research has shown that:

Mimosa tenuiflora
root bark has been recently shown to have DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) content of about 1%.[3] The stem bark has about 0.03% DMT
~And~
Acacia confusa:
Root bark N-methyltryptamine, 1.43%[5]
N,N-dimethyltryptamine, 1.15%[5]

(Source Wiki)

Other sources, including certain online vendors have claimed Acacia "To contain up to 2.5x the dye of Mimosa"

There for shouldn't the yield be much more from 1st and 2nd pulls? I ask because a friend of mine had completed extraction in the past and produced far greater results then that listed above.. No Offense intended. Just seeking honest answers and semi factual opinions/theories. Thank you.

P.S Has any one else "tweeked" the Original tek? I.E Gently Boil for extended periods of time?
"Before you can know anything directly, non-verbally, you must know the knower. So far, you took the mind for the knower, but it is not so. The mind clogs you up with images and ideas, which leave scars in memory. You take remembering to be knowledge. True knowledge is ever fresh, new, unexpected. It wells up from within. When you know what you are, you also are what you know. Between knowing and being there is no gap." "I Am That" - by Nisargadatta Maharaj

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

foaf
#57 Posted : 12/11/2012 5:08:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how finely did you gring your rootbark? and did you strain off the vinegar water from your boils or just decant? if so, how? acacia doesn't seem to be available in powder like we got used to with mhrb. sorry if those were asked already, I didnt see that they were.

*oneironaut*
#58 Posted : 12/11/2012 6:09:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thick-light wrote:
I have been prompted to put it up on the wiki but find laziness and a little hatred of computers and whatever code(I don't even think it uses one to write it up. LOL) but follow the steps on the first few posts, the rest are just problems I ran into and how I solved them. 150ml gar to 2000ml h2O boiled 1-2 hours. Powereded bark sucks, good luck with the filtering for consecutive boils, unless you got the macgruber edge. 5 boils got it alll out although the 5th one was light brownish red and wasn't completely nec. but I like to get the most out of my bark. This also started as an experiment so feel free to do what your noggin teells you to, and remember that nmt content in this bark changes from season to season and i'm sure there are other factors..... be careful have fun, post results.

I added a link to your OP in the wiki under A/B teks... Thumbs up if for some reason you don't want it there, I will remove it.

Dr John
#59 Posted : 12/11/2012 7:20:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In regard to mistakes i made.

Well, my first pull I shook mason jar 6 to ten times; then i did my pull once it separated only once. So i'm guessing dmt wasn't nearly as saturated as it should have been in my solvent. I also used only 100 ml of distilled white vinegar, instead of the now suggested 150ml, still my bark was very watery by 5th pull, if that means anything. i froze and thawed once.

i may have lost a fair amount of white crystal because i freeze precipitated in a large based bowl. I noticed that the heavier nmt tend to sink to the bottom when freezing, while crystals like to collect on sides. next time i'll use a mason jar to collect. my nmt is cleary saturated with white crystals, it chunks up and is sparkly. i do have to complain, the nmt/dmt mix is a bit harsher, but its very good and my friend also noticed the different effects, but the white is more potent. the longer i let solvent sit on soup, the more nmt seemed to be in final product, it gives the naptha a cloudy light yellow tint. towards my last pulls, the non crystals turned to complete goo, like others have stated.

i tried the more yellowish dmt/nmt mix.. 50mg oral didn't do anything. I still have a super dark ball of tar i think i got a buzz from, but have not re-dosed.

the powdered bark was absolutely not a problem to work with, just a bit messy. next extraction i'll just use a more shredded form, and i wont' combine my pulls. went through one n half grams of spice already :/ doing my 2nd extraction with this tek in few days.

Swinjin
#60 Posted : 12/11/2012 8:47:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks...keep us posted!

PREV12345NEXT»