We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What about Virola Theiodora Resin. Options

SKA
#1 Posted : 11/25/2012 5:17:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I have this bag of long, thick strips of Virola Theiodora bark that I bought
many years ago. Since I have read that the bark is to be gently heated from below
so as to make it "sweat" out it's resin. I've even seen the process done by an
Amazonian shaman in a documentairy once.

I've also read that many of the commercially available Virola is rubbish, that had
it's resin removed prior to being sold. Allthough I bought this V.Theiodora from a
local vendor that has so far never disappointed me in any way, so it would be an
amazing turn off to find out it's bunk bark too. But there'll be only 1 way to find out.

In this topic I hope to learn more, preferably tried & tested methods, about how to
get the resin(if at all present) out of the bark effectively, how to prepare the Amazonian snuff out of this resin & possibly how to extract valuables from this resin(5-MeO & NN if I recall correctly?)

That's about all I know about Virola Theiodora.
For now I think I'll do a 21st century version of that sweating bark
method I described earlier. Something like this:

Quote:
-Put flat bottom (grilling)pan on a stove on low heat.
-Put strips of V.Theiodora bark in pan, hollow insides of the bark facing up.
-Wait untill bark weeps & resin collects on the hollow insides of the bark.
-Pick up bark-strips & whipe resin from the hollow inside of the bark-strip into a bowl.
-Continue this untill no more resin forms. Combine all collected resin in bowl.

Then I'll have a resin, which could be made into the snuff or further refined to yield
freebase 5-MeO & NN,DMT (&5-HO-DMT?)

Any advice on my proposed resin collection method? Or on making the snuff and/or an extract?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Non Dua Natura
#2 Posted : 11/27/2012 9:14:25 PM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

Quote:
I've also read that many of the commercially available Virola is rubbish, that had
it's resin removed prior to being sold.

I bought two different types of Virola resins a couple of years ago and got nothing through snuffing, smoking or sublingual usage, even snorting a massive amount of it got me nothing but nose burn. There's a good chance it may have been down to my not really knowing what to do with it, but I thought I'm chime in due to that comment about crappy commercially available resins.
When it blows, it stacks...

SKA
#3 Posted : 11/27/2012 11:29:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. Amazing how so many vendors of otherwise good quality goods, sell this absolutely worthless
bark. I tried the heating method and not the slightest drop of resin came out of the bark. It was
just dry as bone and only slightly blackened after a while.
I've noticed that this Vendor, from which I once bought this worthless bark, has since removed
all Virola from their product-list. I'm assuming either because they got so much negative feedback
from disappointed customers, but it could be possible that it has to do with the legality of DMT(and analogues)
source plant-matter. I hope this isn't the case. It's sad enough we may soon see Mimosa Hostilis rootbark
disappear completely from the marketplade. Allthough for the remaining Mimosa Hostilis populations this is great
news so I'm not complaining.

Let's just hope the oppression of DMT use won't go as far as the Opression of THC use went:
It went so far that in just about every country in the world growing Cannabis plants can get
you into serious legal trouble. No plant should ever be illegal or controlled. Drugs & preparations
to make drugs? I find it understandable that their distribution would be controlled(allthough not
made illegal), but the concept of making certain plant species illegal & their cultivation legally
punishable is sheer madness.
Do lawenforcers also go into the woods to hunt down & burn down wild growing Cannabis there?
Sorry, I digress.

Could you tell me more about the snuff you prepared from the resin you ordered?
Did you add lime & water as is customary with Yopo & Vilca-snuff preparations?
Furthermore I'd like to know: Is there ANY nexus member who ever bought Virola bark and/or
Resin that WASN'T dissappointed?

Non Dua Natura
#4 Posted : 11/27/2012 11:39:16 PM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

SKA wrote:
Could you tell me more about the snuff you prepared from the resin you ordered?
Did you add lime & water as is customary with Yopo & Vilca-snuff preparations?

I don't recall the specifics, but I tried it just as it was and then in a traditional snuff prep with lime and water. It did very little other than, when I think about it now, make the visual field a little more 'sparkly' but nothing else was noticed.

I just remembered, I also did it as a quid but it was equally ineffective.
When it blows, it stacks...

SKA
#5 Posted : 12/8/2012 2:21:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I hope one of the seeds & liveplants-suppliers listed in the suppliers-forum sell either seeds
or live plant specimens of V.Theiodora, V.Surinamensis, V.Calophylla & other spicefull Virola cousins.

Would be neat to grow these plants.