We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Solvent free DMT enhanced leaf - warm water bath TEK Options

VoidTraveler
#1 Posted : 12/4/2012 1:48:31 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

LINK TO WIKI ARTICLE
This post has been given it's own entry in the DMT-Nexus wiki. Please refer to the wiki for the most up-to-date version of this TEK.

Original post below
=====================================
This isn't my discovery / invention but something that came along in the chat and I thought it was worth sharing.

NOTE: This TEK probably works for harmalas as well as the harmalas might dissolve in the DMT as it becomes a liquid. However, I don't have any harmalas at the moment to verify this. If anyone could place the harmalas between the herbs and the melting DMT and report the results I would be delighted!

Warm water bath for DMT enhanced leaf
Making Changa always involve the use of solvents such as IPA or acetone while it can also be perfectly made without the use of solvents by using a warm/hot water bath. It reduces the amount of time needed to 'dry' to the amount of time that the DMT needs to cool down below the temperature where it liquifies. This TEK is relatively simple but I've decided to add photos to it for optimal clarity.

Requirements:
- DMT
- Your preferred mixture of herbs
- Shot glass
- Plastic wrapping
- Small cup
- Hot water
- Mixing rod

The pictures were taken while I was making changa with 500 mg of DMT and 500 mg of dried tarragon that was finely crumbled.

Place the herbs in the hot glass and place the DMT on top of the herbs. Don't mix yet, the DMT needs to stay on top of the herbs for optimal absorption when it melts and runs down the herbs.

Cover the shot glass with some plastic wrapper to ensure the mixture stays dry in case of splashing water. I accidentally knocked my shot glass over when I placed it in the cup of water so I was glass I had it wrapped in plastic.

Heat up some water to 100C and place the shot glass into the cup and gently pour hot water into the cup. Make sure you don't pour directly onto the plastic. Let this sit for 5 minutes and then check if all the DMT has melted. If not, replace the warm water with fresh boiling water and let sit for another few minutes.

Take the shot glass out of the cup, remove the plastic wrapper and stir thoroughly with your mixing rod to ensure all the leaf material has the chance to soak up DMT. Let the mixture cool down and the DMT will start to crystallize. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes and then remove from the shot glass. And done.

There will still be plenty of DMT in the shot glass that shouldn't be wasted. I was told I could recover this by using IPA / acetone but I decided to experiment a bit. Take a tiny bit of herb and make sure it's finely crumbled. Add a tiny amount of boiling water to the cup and place the shot glass in it without putting plastic over it. Be careful that the water doesn't run into your shot glass. Scrape the herb material across the glass with your mixing rod to let it soak up the DMT. When you think you have most of the DMT, remove the glass from the hot water and immediately remove the herbs from the glass. This simple trick will help get most of the DMT from the glass and into your changa.

Any remaining DMT can be recovered using IPA / acetone and evaporated. Voila, you made changa in under 15 minutes and without the use of solvents. Can't wait to try it out!
VoidTraveler attached the following image(s):
1.png (600kb) downloaded 4,786 time(s).
2.png (608kb) downloaded 4,759 time(s).
3.png (552kb) downloaded 4,775 time(s).
4.png (626kb) downloaded 4,765 time(s).
5.png (602kb) downloaded 4,779 time(s).
6.png (606kb) downloaded 4,637 time(s).
7.png (599kb) downloaded 4,764 time(s).
8.png (616kb) downloaded 4,719 time(s).
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

NamRa
#2 Posted : 12/4/2012 2:11:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Twisted Evil

zombicyckel
#3 Posted : 12/4/2012 2:53:27 PM

Armchair activist

Now this is progress Very happy!! in his defence, he said enhanced leaf in the title(maybe it was changed though)

VoidTraveler
#4 Posted : 12/4/2012 3:03:06 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

I already changed it. Obviously this will produce changa if you use plain caapi leaf or caapi 10x leaf.

I'm also very interested to see if people can get harmalas to mix with the DMT in a liquid state. It would be great it someone with some freebase harmalas could give that a shot.
The spice extends life.

DeMolecularTraveler
#5 Posted : 12/4/2012 4:38:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AWESOMEThumbs up

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 12/4/2012 5:29:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

all you would have to do is get the dmt to a liquid state and then add the powdered harmalas...mix it really well together..and then add the herbs...
it's a sound

D.REYx420
#7 Posted : 12/4/2012 5:33:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great write up vt plenty of nice big pictures for me to fully understand lol Smile
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

zombicyckel
#8 Posted : 12/4/2012 5:55:15 PM

Armchair activist

Jorkest wrote:
all you would have to do is get the dmt to a liquid state and then add the powdered harmalas...mix it really well together..and then add the herbs...

nice! now vt can change it to enhanced leaf/changa water bath tek

WarriorSage
#9 Posted : 12/17/2012 6:18:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great write up!
I was unaware of this warm water method, it'll save me alot of time Big grin
Thanks!
The Warrior’s Prayer
"I am what I am. In having faith in the beauty within me I develop trust. In softness I have strength. In silence I walk with the gods. In peace I understand myself and the world. In conflict I walk away. In detachment I am free. In respecting all living things I respect myself. In dedication I honour the courage within me.
In eternity I have compassion for the nature of all things. In love I unconditionally accept the evolution of others. In freedom I have power.
In my individuality I express the God-Force within me. In service I give of what I have become.
I am what I am: Eternal, immortal, universal, and infinite. And so be it"

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 12/17/2012 10:39:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems to me that you would probably achieve a more even distribution if you just dissolved it in warm acetone. Why the hesitation? It evaporates very quickly and leaves nary a trace behind.

VIII
#11 Posted : 12/19/2012 10:14:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
It seems to me that you would probably achieve a more even distribution if you just dissolved it in warm acetone. Why the hesitation? It evaporates very quickly and leaves nary a trace behind.

How does one warm acetone and how quickly does it evaporate when warm? Would a warm water bath like in this tek suffice (replacing cooled water with warm when necessary)? I would leave the plastic wrap off of the glass to prevent acetone from dissolving it and to allow proper evaporation of the solvent. I would also dissolve freebase in acetone before adding herbs.

I've only used room temp dry acetone which takes a day+ to evaporate fully when used in shot glass or small jar with 1-3mm acetone height.

This water tek looks promising and simple but the uneven distribution is of some concern to me.
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

Egokiller
#12 Posted : 12/21/2012 3:40:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WarriorSage wrote:
Great write up!
I was unaware of this warm water method, it'll save me alot of time Big grin
Thanks!

Hows that gonna save you time? If you use ipa instead of water, than it will evaporate a hell of a lot quicker. But hey, who's rushing riteWink

VoidTraveler
#13 Posted : 12/21/2012 11:18:07 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Egokiller wrote:
Hows that gonna save you time? If you use ipa instead of water, than it will evaporate a hell of a lot quicker. But hey, who's rushing riteWink

This method doesn't need any evaporation, it only needs the DMT to cool down to recrystallize while soaking into the leaf.
The spice extends life.

Ancotar
#14 Posted : 12/23/2012 8:34:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an awesome process!

I especially like that there are no harsh solvents used which is a plus for the environment!

VoidTraveler, much thanks for sharing! I will be sure to give this a try and give a report when I do.

Infusion is the bees' knees! Cool
"We speak of Time and Mind, which do not easily yield to catagories. We separate past and future and find that Time is an amalgam of both. We separate good and evil and find that Mind is an amalgam of both. To understand, we must grasp the whole." -Isaac Asimov

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." -Buddha

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." -Paul Atreides, while being tested with the Gom Jabbar by the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

VoidTraveler
#15 Posted : 12/25/2012 10:22:58 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Uncle Knucles wrote:

I'll be turning this into a wiki entry soon and I'll make sure to report this as on the critique points on the TEK.
The spice extends life.

Jorkest
#16 Posted : 12/25/2012 10:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

all i have to say about uneven distribution is...

stir it more
it's a sound

astralspice
#17 Posted : 1/1/2013 10:45:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if you could hold the shot glass under a light bulb, make sure the dmt is melted and mix as it cools? this could cut the time down to 1 minute Smile
REALITY 5.0

MooshyPeaches
#18 Posted : 1/6/2013 9:16:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this is amazing... so your telling me that all i need to make changa is too follow this tek and replace terragon with b.caapi leaf? i have the dmt and the leaf right now, i could make it today?

nwosidsalp
#19 Posted : 1/6/2013 10:25:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems much more important to get your mix to the right consistency for this tek (not too powdery, particles/ground pieces of similar size, "stickiness" value) but it totally works. Usually takes me 2 rounds of water from the kettle to get it melted, 3 to be sure it's all through. Excellent method!

VoidTraveler
#20 Posted : 1/7/2013 7:44:27 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

I've moved the TEK to it's own entry in the wiki.

EDIT: And this was officially my 420th post. Time for a celebratory bowl!
The spice extends life.

123NEXT