We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Cybs Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek...Designed for newbies. Options

hug46
#21 Posted : 12/3/2012 10:45:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

did my first extraction with this tek, 50g/850mg (very happy), still use this process, very easy and pictures too! thankyou Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

changalvia
#22 Posted : 12/3/2012 7:49:59 PM

eat your jungle oats

using this template but mixing it up a bit, i dont own a scale or measuring cup so all water volumes are done via estimates from 500ml bottle and all things weighed are cut up into the right dividends to make estimated sections, so I cant say I am following it exactly, but I am pretty sure its going well, busy with pull 5 will update yield later in the week
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

The Traveler
#23 Posted : 12/4/2012 7:26:52 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Nice one cyb!

When will you add it to the Wiki? Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Non Dua Natura
#24 Posted : 12/4/2012 12:24:17 PM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

Cyb, I'd be happy to transfer the instructions and pics to a wiki page for you if you don't get the chance to do so yourself. I'm off work for the next few days so I'll have plenty of time and will be trying to help out with the wiki anyway.
When it blows, it stacks...

cyb
#25 Posted : 12/4/2012 4:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Non Dua Natura wrote:
Cyb, I'd be happy to transfer the instructions and pics to a wiki page for you if you don't get the chance to do so yourself. I'm off work for the next few days so I'll have plenty of time and will be trying to help out with the wiki anyway.

NDN...I've been away for a few days and am not quite familiar with adding to the Wiki yet.
I was just going to put an explanation and a link to the thread + a pdf to download.

If you want to go ahead and do your thing (since you know what you are doing) that would be extremely helpful....Thumbs up
Many Thankyous over and over
I'll do one too when I can get to it...

Always good to have Teks available all over the place...STB and Hybrid section I reckon.

Cheers mate

cyb
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Non Dua Natura
#26 Posted : 12/5/2012 2:30:14 AM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

Done.

I still need to add the images for the Re-X section and do some tinkering with the image format, I know the basics of wiki stuff but I'm far from an expert in it. I've kept it basically the same as you've got it in the pdf, although I've changed a few bits of grammar and structure just to make it more readable in wiki format. The original file is linked at the start and all the images are uploaded so it's just a matter of finishing it off.

Thanks for making it available, Cyb!

cyb
#27 Posted : 12/5/2012 7:56:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

O.M.G.Surprised

Thanks soooo much NDN...that's freaking amazing...

You deserve a round of applause... (I hear by give you 'The Clap'Pleased Love

Non Dua Natura
#28 Posted : 12/5/2012 11:46:29 AM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

A pleasure and a privilege, my dear friend! Adding your rather spiffing tek to the wiki was an excellent opportunity for me to basically memorize the entire thing too, and I'll be putting it into action in the next day or so.

P.S. I shall treasure the clap you've been so generous to share. Laughing

Non Dua Natura
#29 Posted : 12/8/2012 9:58:13 PM

Namo Amitaba Buddha

Well, I tried this tek yesterday on 50g of MHRB and am currently sitting, after two pulls, with around 500mg of spice; the remaining three pulls, plus a bit of excess naptha drained off and drying out, are in the freezer and look loaded with big fluffy precipitates identical to the flakes of tryptamine-smelling goodness currently resting in a vial in my freezer. Looks like it's going to be a good yield!

I have to say, as someone with only one previous, failed attempt at extraction years ago, that this tek is as straightforward as it gets and I found it incredibly easy to follow. Even though the scales I was using weren't great (just got my shiny new milligram scales through this morning), everything went exactly as Cyb describes and the quantities produced seem to support the high-yielding claims mentioned before.

Now, to prepare some enhanced leaf to work with till I extract my caapi...

cyb
#30 Posted : 12/8/2012 10:29:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just keep pullin' till that bark has lost its bite...Very happy

changalvia
#31 Posted : 12/10/2012 6:26:27 AM

eat your jungle oats

1.4g from ~50g in 7 pulls. amazing Love
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

cyb
#32 Posted : 12/10/2012 9:51:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

changalvia wrote:
1.4g from ~50g in 7 pulls. amazing Love

Wow...I think you hold the current record...(nearly 3%) (Gold Star on it's way to you via hyper-post) Thumbs up

changalvia
#33 Posted : 12/10/2012 10:11:49 AM

eat your jungle oats

haha wooh! Only difference is i never waited for anything, i did all my pulls immediately after mixing the soup etc, while the bottle (750ml) was still warm and reacting instead of using a heat bath, still got loads of pale yellow/white goodness. Naturally the soup was room temperature towards the end but it was still pulling so... Very happy

This is a 'breakthrough' for me. Hahaha

Also used concentrated vinegar instead of straight vinegar (you can make it by "freeze precipitating" the water out, pure vinegar doesnt freeze at waters freezing point)

Mr.Peabody
#34 Posted : 12/11/2012 5:55:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I read your nice tek, great job man!

I was wondering, does the salt need to be added after the acid, before the base?

I had an idea, as I have jars of spent bark base solution lyeing around (see what I did there?). I don't know why, but I never felt like throwing these out, even after pulling with naphtha and xylene both. Do you suppose salting them now might help release what ever small bits of spice are left? I mean, it couldn't hurt, they're already done. I just wonder if it's worth the time.

My last extraction of 100g bark gave me almost 1g of spice, plus about a gram of jimjam. I'll try your tek on the same bark next time, and see if maybe it comes out better. It would be so nice to double my yield from my precious bark! At my current rate, I have enough for about 3 more years, without my plants I have goring. It would be so cool to double that to six and........well who am I kidding, it'll stay at three with twice as much awesomes Drool
Be an adult only when necessary.

cyb
#35 Posted : 12/11/2012 8:24:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody wrote:
I was wondering, does the salt need to be added after the acid, before the base?

Best to put in the salt After the acid and before or with the base. The salt 'amplifies' the ionic strength of an Alkaline (basic) solution.
If you were to add it at the acid stage I would imagine that it would excite the ions in the acidic solution and want to turn it towards the alkaline direction.

The action of putting acid in (at first) is to dissolve the cell walls and lyse out the molecule into a salt form (not freebase)....therefore the longer you leave in the acid...the more it will break down the plant.

The action of putting Lye in...is to further breakdown the plant and turn the molecule into freebase form.
I have since learned that it can take anything up to a day to fully break all the cell walls with lye alone....
(see here)
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=38874&find=unread

so by all means experiment with the time parameters of the soaks.
I have also learned that 'Tap Water' is also fine to use as any impurities in the water will not transfer to the NPS.

To answer your question of 'Reinvigorating' your spent mixes....
Go for it...I tried that a few times, on spent bark and only retrieved a small amount of oily goo and 20mg or so of xtal. BUT I had really raped the mix beforehand.

I say try it...with a good amount of salt saturate and a little more lye to re-Boost the mix...shake it up and let it sit a while (few hours) and pull and see what turns up Thumbs up

Heat is a big player as well...I have done the tek 'cold' and got nice white xtals...but only around half the yield. Heat will draw more yellow alks but to my way of thinking (seeing as it's so scarce now)...you want to drag Everything you can out of that bark and purify later...if that is what you want to do (via Re-x or other methods)

Onwards....Thumbs up

*oneironaut*
#36 Posted : 12/19/2012 6:42:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wicked tek, love love LOVE the prospect.... big box o ice cream salt awaits my order of ACBR. So naturally, my question is, how's this tek been working out with ACBR for anyone who has used it? Any adjustments/modifications/advice to acct for AC over MH? Thanks and great threads regarding the salt addition, won't ever do a tek without it! Xoxoxo and XO!
You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!

ChemisTryptaMan
#37 Posted : 2/2/2013 9:28:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just found this thread and want to thank you cyb for taking that post and turning it into such an effective way to reach the community. I think salt is now here to stay. I'm filled with gratitude. I feel like the difference you have made by spreading this info is remarkable. I can't help but feel like I've done something for many people, only through you. Positively giddy about your ambition.

CTM

cyb
#38 Posted : 2/2/2013 9:31:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CTM
You are more than welcome.
Love

any more tips on effective salinity doses and ratios would be much appreciated...

spinCycle
#39 Posted : 2/2/2013 10:15:14 PM

Life is Art is Life

SWIM worked this tek on 50 g. of ACRB and was very pleased with the results. He was able to get a small amount of pure white powder and a nice amount of a somewhat greyish-tan goo that solidified nicely. He did not bother with recrystalization. There was a definite difference in the feel of the two, the goo had a bit more of a body buzz than the powder.

He has no scale, so cannot give yields but says that it was quite lovely while it lasted. Thumbs up
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

ChemisTryptaMan
#40 Posted : 2/2/2013 11:16:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb, in my last topic i talk about increasing ionic strength further through the use of multivalent cations like magnesium and calcium, and anions like phosphate and sulfate. In your tek you include an acid wash. I would recommend that you switch the acetic acid, which produces acetate ions in the final mixture, which carry a charge of -1. If you were to substitute that with phosphoric acid, the phosphoric acid would be converted to phosphate ions with a charge of -3. This would give them a cubed effect on the final ionic strength contribution of the acid used. I would even recommend finding some calcium biphosphate or sodium phosphate to add as a salt to the mix. The effect on ionic strength could be enormous. Just a thought. I'll try it if nobody else has by the time i am ready to start a new extraction.

edit: I think this may be the final push needed to get that magical 3% that used to be only a dream, now i believe it to be fully achievable.

PREV1234NEXT»