We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
The OFFICIAL Binaural Beat Thread Options

Caligulitica
#1 Posted : 3/7/2009 8:12:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently found this new thing called the dream machine, It is a headset with stereo head phones and it has glasses that produce a visualization of the windows meadia player trippy music thingy with all the colors and the stereo headphones are playing bineural beats into your head to trigger certain moods and feelings and it seems really awesome. thinking about gettin it.
Spirituality is just another unanswered question that the weak minded throw away, let them be as flowers in the dark abyss of time, let no sun shine upon them and let them shrivel up beneath the feet of the wise...

...ygolonhcet si taht tsaeb eht ma I ,em reaf ,dne eht fo regnirb eht ma I

Read it backwards =]

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

40oztofreedom
#2 Posted : 3/8/2009 3:10:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read a lot of different things on this. I've heard of i-doser, BMV, and a bunch of other programs. Surely enough, they helped me during meditation to relax quicker.

But I honestly think that the whole concept of tripping out via sound waves is just too good to be true. The program i-doser always made it out to be, listen to these songs long enough and it will replicate effects of cerain drugs, because the bineural beats trigger the neurotransmitters in the brain to replicate effects of the said drug.

I think a lot of these programs are bogus, lame excuses to market to stupid people.

But hey, head phones and glasses that have visualizations would just something fun to have regardless.Wink
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 3/8/2009 3:47:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

actually binaural beats and flashing lights DO effect your brain in many ways...SWIM has smoked dmt using different tones and its amazing the differences you can create..and if you can listen to a delta wave length...4hz or less...100hz(left ear)- 104hz(right ear)...so if you can listen to a delta wave for one hour with out nodding out..i would be extremely surprised..

with this technology you can modify the pitch that your brain hemispheres work at and cause drastic changes in your thought process..its quite something
it's a sound

benzyme
#4 Posted : 3/8/2009 4:00:11 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

idoser was interesting, particularly the heroin dose. it put a content grin on my face; mild body buzz while laying down, very relaxing.
the trick is to get into a sort of meditative state. quit focusing on "is it working?", and let the mind rest.

gnaural is good, fully customizable
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

vovin
#5 Posted : 3/8/2009 9:59:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

5 years ago I spent a considerable amount of time working with binaural beats. The glasses are basically a waste. They do little to nothing but the sound files are very effective. your brain will syncronize with the beats and let you enter into diffrent states. The challenge here is you need to right kind of headphones to get the full effect and compression will distort the effect of the system so it is very difficult to get it set up properly. I spent a great deal of time with soundforge buildng my own beat patterns and experiemnting with effective outputs. It's not kids work but it does work well if you get it set up right.

If your gung ho on the whole visual flashing aspect what I had done was set up a flash file wherein I imbedded the binaural beats audio and then synced a collage of flashes that would follow with the beats. This was a rudimentary setup but it allowed me to tweak the system quickly and the flash f the computer monitor made up for the lack of the glasses which really I just dont think add to the effect. I later abandoned the visual stimulation aspect altogether.

There are several programs out there that do work effectively but to get the proper effect you must have high quality headphones and recording the sounds from the program can be difficult.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 3/8/2009 1:48:10 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

recording the sounds is actually not very hard.
use a prog like audacity, set the recording input to "stereo mix", and it will record whatever plays online or from any audio application running.

my concern would be audio quality from the conversion, the standard error from file compression...would this effect the efficacy?
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 3/8/2009 1:58:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you can just get a tone generator and you can create as many layers as you want and just save the file..you can control which ear the tone comes from and the volume..you could even try having multiple binaural rhythms coming out and experiment with that..even though i dont think it would work properly

it's a sound

benzyme
#8 Posted : 3/8/2009 6:20:46 PM

analytical chemist

some progs allow you to set left and right channel freqs (gnaural used to). the difference between the channels is the sub-audible frequency, the freq that synchronizes with brain waves; this is what you meant by listening to delta-frequencies

http://www.geocities.com/adriancmvd/brainfreqs.htm
http://www.lunarsight.com/freq.htm

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 3/8/2009 6:39:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes exactly! thanks for putting that into words
it's a sound

40oztofreedom
#10 Posted : 3/8/2009 7:27:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand the concept behind the classic dream machines and how flashes of light can mess with your brain and make you see colors, think differently, fall into hypnogognia etc etc.

But with the actual audio while I was meditating (I was never thinking, oh is it working), I just had it playing and for each and every track it was normally the same. I felt abnormally for relaxed for the time I was meditating. But it was a completely different story when I tried it on mushrooms. I listened to a BMV cd with my head phones and a major difference within the trip occured.

These things seem to work better while under the influence for me.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

vovin
#11 Posted : 3/8/2009 7:44:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

First keep n mind this was 5 years ago and a good audio program was hard to find. One of the hardset things about making your own recordings was that testing to make sure it was corrct required me to open the file in soundforge and physically count the spikes in each stereo track and then calculate if it was the right frequency ad if it was off I had to spend a fair deal of time modifying it.

Once you got it to CD you were golden most stereos and high quality headphones would be effective. I spent every night sleeping in a sensory deprivation tank with binaural beats playing while I slept. I tried countless combinations of beats. The system can be effective under the right situations and it DOE have a pavlovian effect. That is if you use them on a regular basis your brain will immediately become effected from them upon hearing it.

benzyme
#12 Posted : 3/9/2009 2:55:21 AM

analytical chemist

good stuff.
this thread has renewed my interest in binaural beats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...ave_entrainment_software

I believe Cool Edit (2001) used to have a BBG in its effects. BWGen was another popular one.
I prefer Gnaural.
now, Neuro Programmer is one of the most powerful ones out there. check teh piratebay

WSaged
#13 Posted : 3/9/2009 6:02:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
my concern would be audio quality from the conversion, the standard error from file compression...would this effect the efficacy?

MP3's do a number of psycho-acoustic techniques that will negatively effect the low freqs needed to make the Binaural beating work. You should use WAV files like an audio CD (16bit), or playing directly out of a DAW (24bit) to get the full effect.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

vovin
#14 Posted : 3/9/2009 7:15:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BWgen was the one I used in the past. It was the only one that was out back then if I remember correctly.

I was happy with the results. Wav files are the best way I know of to record the sounds. A cheap CD player or cheap headphones will also filter out certain frequencies.

Caligulitica
#15 Posted : 3/9/2009 3:21:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, they have certain beats to trigger certain moods, I like to plug in my stereo headphones into an instrument cable extension cord for a 1/4" jack and drag it from my computer to my bed and play beats that help relax or induce mild "tripping" so that i may have exciting dreams or have the most insane night of my life.

also I have been researching with a friend of a program where you can create your own beats but it is a matter of what triggers your brain instead of just random sounds ,so you would have to expirement and see what your brain responds to instead of just random sounds and what you think is cool.
Spirituality is just another unanswered question that the weak minded throw away, let them be as flowers in the dark abyss of time, let no sun shine upon them and let them shrivel up beneath the feet of the wise...

...ygolonhcet si taht tsaeb eht ma I ,em reaf ,dne eht fo regnirb eht ma I

Read it backwards =]

benzyme
#16 Posted : 3/9/2009 3:41:49 PM

analytical chemist

that would be Neuro-Programmer. it also allows you to load wav files to loop

you can create your own beats in Gnaural as well
and both have headphone-free settings

970Codfert
#17 Posted : 3/9/2009 4:08:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is really interesting. I wish I had time to check out all these links right now.
All posts are fictional.

40oztofreedom
#18 Posted : 3/9/2009 4:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

warrensaged wrote:
Quote:

MP3's do a number of psycho-acoustic techniques that will negatively effect the low freqs needed to make the Binaural beating work. You should use WAV files like an audio CD (16bit), or playing directly out of a DAW (24bit) to get the full effect.

WS

This actually makes some sense. I have somewhat of bad hearing. I can still hear everything but just not half as well as I used to. I wonder if any hearing damage wouldn't allow me to hear certain frequencies to acheieve the effect I'm looking for.

Or I have crappy equipment.Confused
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------

benzyme
#19 Posted : 3/9/2009 11:17:24 PM

analytical chemist

technically, you don't hear the binaural beats anyway, not the same way as hearing tones ....but you do percieve them, as lfo-like panning

don't worry about hearing nuances of the tones themselves
(I guess I answered my own question..though I think low-res compression may introduce destructive interference, or aliasing)

Jorkest
#20 Posted : 3/9/2009 11:35:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its like a WAWAWAWAWAWA
it's a sound

123NEXT»