We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Neti pot Options

PsilocybeChild
#1 Posted : 11/22/2012 6:43:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have gotten into using a neti pot recently. I have also been using teas like that of Mapacho which has been an exciting medicine to me so far. they call this practice of Mapacho tea through the nose "Singado".
There's some interesting reading about it here:

http://tribes.tribe.net/...-4357-9fde-ea09040b9e10

and here:

http://ayahuasca.tribe.n...-4493-81e9-fc5331d4aef4

Anyway I have tried insufflating DMT in the past which is active without MAOi but was not worth the burn. I was thinking of Chacruna or Chaliponga tea through the neti pot.
Does anyone have any kind of experience with this?
Perhaps some would want to thoroughly clean their passageways out first and than could possibly re-use there sacred teas.
Also the idea of other things like Salvia with this method intrigues me.
Even possibly cannabis. But the low solubility in water presents an obstacle. Like is done with cannabis tea, maybe cooking with a light amount of an oil or a non-mucous forming milk like coconut or almond milk.

Thoughts please.

and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nicechrisman
#2 Posted : 11/22/2012 6:52:27 PM

Kin

I too have been using neti lately and have pondered similar questions. I'll have to read your links on singado. I've been wanting to try this for my cactus journeys.
Nagdeo

Mr.Peabody
#3 Posted : 11/27/2012 5:05:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The only thing that worries me about such a process is the health risk. Netipots are supposed to be used with sterile water. It seems like using tea might open you up for a higher risk of infection. Some of the netipot infections can be really bad. Like brain munching amoeba bad.
Be an adult only when necessary.

PsilocybeChild
#4 Posted : 11/28/2012 6:23:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, thanks for contributing. The neti pot should be clean and the liquids used should be sterile.
Tea is brought to a boil and then cooled.

If anyone is curious about the possible dangers associated with neti pot use, here is an article you can check out.

2 deaths occurred. both in Louisiana. caused by using tap water.
which was infected with "a parasite known as the brain-eating amoeba" which is said to be very rare.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

Mr.Peabody
#5 Posted : 11/29/2012 4:22:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I know it's rare, and boiled water should be sterile, but it's something to keep in mind. Man it would suck to get that amoeba!

Do you suppose this method of administration would be painful? I guess it may be cleansing and fresh feeling, too. May give a very nice trip, having clear sinuses and being able to breathe free.
Be an adult only when necessary.

PsilocybeChild
#6 Posted : 12/1/2012 9:21:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I started using it, it was not painful. Although I would say it probably doesn't feel as good as regular salt water, even in small concentrations. As I increased the strength of it, it started to burn. The strength I use now, makes the back of my brain feel like it's burning as I'm pouring it through. But that is how I like it. It cleanses better than regular salt water through the neti pot. (although that feels much better) And it also produces a sense of CLARITY and a nice feeling which seems to melt negative feelings/energies away.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

nicechrisman
#7 Posted : 12/1/2012 3:56:01 PM

Kin

My understanding is that when they use singado in peru, the tobacco is usually infused into an alcohol rather than water. I can see how this could help reduce the risk of any brain eating amoebas, etc.
Nagdeo