We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
If you're having trouble getting crystals from acrb, use this tek (thick-light) Options

thick-light
#1 Posted : 11/28/2012 10:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I noticed many folks posig a lot of a. confusa extraction problems, here's a tek that is easy and will produce fluffly white spice! All valuesin ml or cups are not precise I do everything to eye accept the lye!!!!!

01. I used 500 grams that I froze and thawed twice then boiled in 2000ml of H20 with 100ml (I used a measuring cup that held 160ml so the average amount added was between 100-140 or so, I also did this tek using ascorbic acid and got phenomenal results, and no vinegar smell permeating my home, I think any acid will work just shoot for a ph of 4 and you should be good) of white vinegar I let this boil for 1 and 1/2 hours then transfered the liquid to another pot and started reducing it. Do this at least 4 times adding fresh vinegar each time. I did it 5 and found that the 5th boil was lighter in color. Anyway as your cooking fresh washes start reducing prior boils in a second pot.

02. once you have the liquid reduced to about 1500ml let cool then pour into your extraction vessel. A half gallon mason jar works good. Basify the liquid with 150grams or more of NaOh and stir. While the liquid is still warm add 600ml of naptha cap the jar and with gloves and goggles on shake it over a sink vigourously. do this 6-10 times, let the nsptha and soup completely separate between agitation and on your last shake roll the naptha around the jar lightly to reduce emulsions.

03. Be patient and let the solvent completely seperate from the liquid even the red lines that drip down the side. Once it's seperated decant the naptha and put in a clean dry collection jar. You should end up with a milky white opaque solvent that's very cloudy.

04. Leave the jar to sit for 6-8 hours and the overly saturated naptha should start to drop the DMT and leave a thick layer of needle like crystals across the bottom and sides. Get another jar that's clean and dry and pour off the solvent into it. Let the crystals dry then scrape them up and spread them out on a baking dish. once these don't smell like naptha they are ok to smoke.

05. The solvent you poured off should be put in a freezer for 24-48 hours so all the goodies can be freeze precipitated. once this happens pour the solvent off then back into the bnasified a confusa. Scrape the crystals from the jar once they are dry.

06. repeat shaking the jar with the naptha and a. confusa soup 6-10 times letting it seperate then shake it again etc... If the solvent is still cloudy white let it sit 6-8 hours and the saturated dmt should crystalize inside the solvent. If it doesn't then it's not saturated enough.

07. If that's the case let the naptha evap half way then stick it in the freezer and let it freeze precipitate. 24-48 hors. at this point pour off the solvent and let the crystals dry then scape them up wait til the naptha smell is gone and enjoy!!!!

from 500 grams I was able to pull 4.367 grams of fluffly white spice so far and i'm still doing pulls and getting more spice in lesser and lesser quanities. I like to get the most out of my bark so I'll pull 'til I get nothing. You can do this too. Why leave any goodies in the mix? A sodium carb wash can be done if you want to clean your spice but I found this a/b tek produces very clean fluffy white spice that is yummy. Good luck!! And remember to be careful and take all the safety precautions suggested in the handling of your materials.

Additional notes/tips:::

Keep the jar in a heat bath the whole time you are doing pulls that way the naptha will stay warm and stay saturated until you decant it. plug the sink run hot water add a kettle of boiling water every 15-20 minutes or when it starts getting cool.

Another thing to take into consideration is combining the first three pulls, extracting then the last couple etc..

Also I found that filtering the final boils before basing results in a less than likely chance of ending up with dirty naptha...

I also did boils on bark I thought was spent and pulled 3 more grams from the boils. So it's possible to get over 11 grams from 500 g of bark.

When I recrystallized 11 grams it turned into 7.457 grams I was left with a beige goo that looks like the photo of the goo on the razorblade, that upon drying was chalky and very potent when vaporized. I also recrystallized the chalky goo and got a white chalky powder that weighed out to almost a gram and a 1/2.

For recrystallization I used 30ml of naptha per gram of extract... This ratio worked well for me. The attempted heptane re-x turned out to pasty and I ended up redoing it with naptha.

The bark I used was from Hawaii and was whole root bark via Removed. In repeated extractions I did half root and half trunk and was blown away by how crystalline the final product was. I think the trunk bark has less nmt in it, but this is only a theory.

I used black aya vine Alicia... something sorry the name eludes me, with a few table spoons 3-4 of root powder and had a very powerful experience. If you do decide to make a brew some ascorbic acid works great and the vitamin c helps the journey along as well and it's not too bad tasting. The muricata vine red aya was also used and the journey was different in a good way.

Another thing I tried was using less naptha on my first pull 300ml and crystals formed in the solvent at room temp. The second pull I used 300ml and crystals formed at room temp the third resulted in a coating of crystals on the sides and bottom of the jar but was freeze prec. since there wasn't enough to scrape.

There is also no need to wait for the first pull to freeze prec. and then reuse the naptha on your next pulls. If you have the time it doesn't hurt but fresh is okay if you want to keep this ext. moving.

I have done up to ten pulls and got spice on every single one. If you don't take the time to shake and let the nps separate at least 6 times on your first pull it may not contain enough spice to allow room temp crystallization in the solvent. In experiments the 2nd and 3rd pull sometimes drop more crystals when freeze precipitated if the first pull is only allowed to mix and sep. 3 times. Generally the later pulls produce a sandy colored powder with beige crystals. Upon re-x this sandy powder produces a chalky pure white powder and a tan goo that dries to a peachy tan. I assume it's nmt but i'm not sure. Some should be sent out for a alk profile so we know for sure what it is.

Some pics posted have beautiful xtals sitting on top of the basic layer. If you can retrieve them and wash or re-x then congrats if not you have to decant very quickly!!! A big 100ml glass syringe makes this a 2 minute process, and the glassware is not that expensive, and very worth every penny imo.

I also boiled the root bark first then froze it boiled it again then froze again, then while it was soft from the second boil I used a blender to shred it up almost to powder. I'm not sure if the freezing is essential but it helps to break the bark apart as the water expands and cracks the bark.

I am also currently trying a tek with hydrated pickling lime and d limo and will let you know how it turns out. If anyone has the resources to try this even with sodium carb. and d limo please give it a try and post results. It would be nice to have a completely non toxic tek for acacia that still produces crystals.

I will also post my second attempt at this tek when I get the chance, I've just been busy. Also this tek isn't anything new it's just what worked for me and after skimming through this thread many others as well. This tek belongs to the community whom without I would have never been able to produce these results. I came to the nexus to learn extraction techniques and when mimosa was legal in the states all I did was stb's so thanks to everyone who helped me get through those first teeth grinding extractions. I stumbled upon this tek by accident and it was my first a/b on something other than cappi or san pedro, so thanks again. I almost feel the need to apologize since it seems the sale of a confuse has sky rocketed. The quality of the bark available seems to be dropping which I assume is from money hungry vendors and over harvesting from young immature trees, The last few exts. of root bark from Hawaii has been slowly dropping in yields, but still the yields are atleast 5 grams or 1 percent. If your not getting atleast 5 g's then you should be doing more pulls and more boils for longer periods of time with fresh water added as the level drops. The more fresh water the more room the alks have to migrate into. Anyway, It's a basic a/b that,s been around a long while, I just made it bigger to overcome the nmt goo issue. So thanks all you fellow nexians All the credit belongs to you!!!

Peace Love and light...
I love all of you!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Swinjin
#2 Posted : 11/28/2012 11:02:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. Good work. Thanks. Mind posting pics of final product?

alicedee25
#3 Posted : 11/28/2012 11:13:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks a bunch.. ive been working with confusa and kept getting red goo. I think its the ethanol soak causing some of us to get goos. im not sure. I remember doingkermit's a/b confusa producing white crystals, and he didn't use ethanol either

trooth seeker
#4 Posted : 11/29/2012 12:33:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like a good technique Thick-light, and sounds like you've got the results to prove it.

phyllode
#5 Posted : 11/29/2012 12:44:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good sounding Tek thick-light. I like it! ThanksSmile. Sounds like it'll work good.

Dr John
#6 Posted : 11/29/2012 4:19:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much. I get to try this out on sunday Smile

thick-light
#7 Posted : 11/29/2012 9:10:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

here's the first crystals that crashed out of my milky opaque solvent. The rest the same, ecept for the freeze prrecipitated xtals. Those were more dense.
thick-light attached the following image(s):
DMT 1st pull.JPG (263kb) downloaded 11,343 time(s).
Crystal from sat. solvent.jpg (437kb) downloaded 11,365 time(s).
I love all of you!

thick-light
#8 Posted : 11/29/2012 9:21:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The picture of the jar is the xtals that crashed out of the solvent, while still in it.
After pouring off the solvent I froze it and got another gram out of it.
So far I got 4+ grams but I'm still pulling more and will post a final yield once this 3 day long extraction is over. Thanks again for viewing this and please be safe around your materials that are hazardous. Love Light and Blessings....
I love all of you!

thick-light
#9 Posted : 11/29/2012 3:56:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

please post results from this tek if you use it, I'm curious to see others results.
the gooey amber resin that people are getting from extractions seems inplausible to me.
Share please and feel free to make additions to this tek so we can grow and learn collectively....

Thanks again and good luck
I love all of you!

Cosmiclearning
#10 Posted : 11/30/2012 12:04:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome write up and great results Smile Im about to try my first acacia confusa run and was thinking very similarly to your tek, but looks like ill just follow yours and avoid any problems Smile
I live in Aruba with Elvis and Makaveli. We produce sick beats all day and make up silly stories on the internet. All of my stories are fictitious, must be all the second hand pot smoke from Tupac.

thick-light
#11 Posted : 11/30/2012 7:01:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

titled "acacia confusa telk for those having trouble"

This tek produces sick crystals that are very clean.

Check the photos and I ended up with over 5 and 1/2 grams from 500 grams of bark, and i'm still pulling more.

If you do it to a t the dmt crystalizes in the solvent, which you can then pour off and freeze precipitate to get at least another gram and 1/2.

I bioassayed this fluffly white needle like dmt crystals and was blown away by the breakthroughs I had.

Good luck and any folks with a more advanced knowledge of chemistry please try it and try to make improvements to it.

Love, Light and Blessings1111Thumbs up
I love all of you!

Cosmiclearning
#12 Posted : 11/30/2012 7:15:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I loved your tek rundown, cant wait to try it!
I live in Aruba with Elvis and Makaveli. We produce sick beats all day and make up silly stories on the internet. All of my stories are fictitious, must be all the second hand pot smoke from Tupac.

RustySpoon
#13 Posted : 11/30/2012 7:29:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i started my first acacia extract combining a few differant a/b teks and modifying a few things. i then read your thread and its almost the same thing i did. i used ph down instead of vinegar, and used a crock-pot. did 3 naptha pulls and cleaned with sodium carbonate and threw it in the freezer. already have some really white crystals after about 30min and didnt need to reduce the naptha at all Very happy

cant wait to find out what the resulting yield is. i also wrote up a tek of exactly what i did, that ill post later when i find out the yield.

thanks for your post of the method you used, i was a little worried about how it was going to turn out until i saw yours Big grin

JohnnyLovesCactus
#14 Posted : 11/30/2012 9:46:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

can i use pickling lime instead of lye?

thick-light
#15 Posted : 11/30/2012 11:19:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find it hard to work with powered plants, with MHRB powder I never had any problems, I like to wet the bark then freexe and thaw it atleast twice, after using pruning sheears to break it down as far as possible. The small shreads and the lysing of the cells seems to get all the alks out. I tried using powerdered cappi for gibrans easy ccappi tek and it took a week due to filtering issues and i couldn't get the sedimeent out of my final product.
I love all of you!

thick-light
#16 Posted : 11/30/2012 11:36:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My pulls came out so saturated that the dmt crystalized in the solvent. Thanks for giving it a try, If you have any ideas that might improve the tek please post them!!!

I was thunking about using icecream salt next time te help push the alks into the solvent creating bigger yields Let me know how it goes for you. If the naptha is cloudy opaque and milky the dnt will most likely crystalize in it.

Good Luck,
I love all of you!

Gowpen
#17 Posted : 12/1/2012 12:19:12 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

RustySpoon wrote:
i started my first acacia extract combining a few differant a/b teks and modifying a few things. i then read your thread and its almost the same thing i did. i used ph down instead of vinegar, and used a crock-pot. did 3 naptha pulls and cleaned with sodium carbonate and threw it in the freezer. already have some really white crystals after about 30min and didnt need to reduce the naptha at all Very happy

cant wait to find out what the resulting yield is. i also wrote up a tek of exactly what i did, that ill post later when i find out the yield.

thanks for your post of the method you used, i was a little worried about how it was going to turn out until i saw yours Big grin

There is nothing wrong with 2 parts distilled water and 1 part white vinegar... I have seen many negative reports using hydroponic ph down, do a search......
How much Naptha are you freezing ? Acacia are VERY special, be kind to them and yourself.
Regards
GThumbs up
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

RustySpoon
#18 Posted : 12/1/2012 12:32:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well i used ph down since i cant really stand the smell of vinegar and didnt know how it would effect it. from what ive heard it didnt really matter so i went for it on a small batch in case if something went wrong. it was only a 60g batch, i used about 40ml of naptha for each pull x3, it froze pretty fast but went to filter some of the xtals off and they melted into the filter =/ now my yield will be affected and not be able to get exact readings.

from the original posters report on his extraction he was waiting 6-8hrs and letting the xtals fall out at room temp, then pouring the solvent out to freeze. im wondering if the nmt in the acacia is what was mostly falling out at room temp and melts easier than dmt?

i instantly froze the naptha, formed good white crystals but melted extremely fast. now ill try reducing the naptha and allow time for it to drop xtals out at room temp. then pour off and freeze the remaining solvent.

Gowpen
#19 Posted : 12/1/2012 3:49:00 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

RustySpoon wrote:
well i used ph down since i cant really stand the smell of vinegar and didnt know how it would effect it. from what ive heard it didnt really matter so i went for it on a small batch in case if something went wrong. it was only a 60g batch, i used about 40ml of naptha for each pull x3, it froze pretty fast but went to filter some of the xtals off and they melted into the filter =/ now my yield will be affected and not be able to get exact readings.

from the original posters report on his extraction he was waiting 6-8hrs and letting the xtals fall out at room temp, then pouring the solvent out to freeze. im wondering if the nmt in the acacia is what was mostly falling out at room temp and melts easier than dmt?

i instantly froze the naptha, formed good white crystals but melted extremely fast. now ill try reducing the naptha and allow time for it to drop xtals out at room temp. then pour off and freeze the remaining solvent.

My guess is that it is something else dropping out at room temp. However, there will be a broader range of Alk's oils and waxes dissolved by the heat of an extraction, and by many reports these may contain goodies. when I was very new to extractions, I started wanting pure crystal DMT from my Acacia, which I finally made after lots of failures. My guess is that There are lots of Alk's to explore with Acacia.
The more I re-x I find that, after a warm bath, i let the naptha cool to room temp before I remove and discard the goo at the bottom. Then I get really nice crystals.
Regards G
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

Dr John
#20 Posted : 12/1/2012 5:01:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thick-light. how much water did you use for the freeze and thaw? did you saturate the bark with water and freeze, or just lightly sprinkle water and freeze?

it took me hours to prune and run 500g through a shitty coffee grinder, but now the consistency of the bark is of baby powder. you did not soak in vodka or vinegar correct?

i will be following your steps exactly, try to duplicate results..

123NEXT»