We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
P azurescens and mescaline tar. Complete with paralysis! Options

nicechrisman
#1 Posted : 11/17/2012 4:46:20 PM

Kin

So I was planning my trip for a while. Had prepared about 100 grams Peruvian torch chips in a water extraction down to tar balls. Planned on picking azurescens mushrooms and staying in a yurt on the coast. This is something I've been doing for years (minus the mescaline).

In preparation for the mescaline, I hadn't eaten anything since about 3pm the previous day and went to bed in the yurt pretty early. Woke up in the early morning and started eating the mescaline goo. It took me a number of hours to eat it all (well ate most of it) as I have a sensitive stomach when it comes to cactus goo and I smoked tons of ganja the whole time to help with stomach ease. Also I find spitting out the extra saliva in the mouth helps with nausea too. Also taking with as little water and calories as possible helps.

Time started to get funny, so I don't really have too much recollection of time except for when it got dark. So during the afternoon, after deciding that I had eaten all the tar I wanted to, I left the yurt and went and walked around the state park. I remember marveling at the bright green colors of moss everywhere with the sun shining on it. So vivid and beatiful! I remember remarking on some little birds (I think chickadees) in one of the trees that seemed to have no fear of me whatsoever. I thought that was interesting and though about the part in the movie "Young Guns" where they take peyote and are "in the spirit world" and are not easily seen or noticed. Went and walked around the park some more to some of the back trails that were overgrown and interesting. I came to a BEAUTIFUL grotto type area with green moss, ferns, caves in the cliff side that it was up against, and trails that lead further up into the ravine. I remember thinking that someone could just keep waking up those trails and never be seen or heard from again, and become like the mystic yogis of the himalayas who just live in caves and are very spiritual.

I then started noticing the coast guard helicopter that does training and mock rescue drills on the cliffside on the ocean side. I walked through the brush to the beach to check it out. I was looking at the helicopter and kept noticing a funny LED type light on the side of the cockpit and it seemed like it was looking at me. I started having weird Terminator themed thoughts about "skynet" and all the stuff about drones that are being used on US soil and all kindsa stuff like that. It wasn't like a paranoid meltdown or anything, it was more just kinda interesting and kinda alarming at the same time. Then I noticed they had put smoke grenades on the cliffside that were bright orange colored smoke. At first I thought it looked really cool, but then started to get paranoid about fumes and inhalants and if it was like some kind of mind control gas or something, so I walked away from in and back towards camp. Again, not scared, but cautious.

I don't really recall the rest of the afternoon in detail.

As it got dark, I decided to eat some mushrooms. I figured I should have a little calories first so I ate an apple and I think a pear too and some cacao nibs. I think I ate about 10 mushrooms fresh just straight up with water. Azurescens have a fairly strong taste, but it didn't really get to me. I almost enjoyed it in a strange way. I don't remember that much of my mushroom trip aside from having a nearly ego loss experience where I was arguing with myself in my mind about how all the opinions and values I hold are completely wrong and that I had been on the wrong path my whole life. I remember sitting there saying "FUCK YOU" multiple times. I got past it and I wouldn't call it a "bad trip" but it was challenging. Not much visuals that I remember. I also noticed a lot of jaw tension that I assumed was from the large dose of mescaline. It was kinda hard to open my jaw. Ive had this from MDMA before too on large doses.

I ended up redosing the mushrooms a couple times. I think I ate 20 total that night. After the last 5 I ate, I walked to the beach and sat on a log for a while and looked at the lights of ships out on the ocean. Whenever I tried to focus on a light, it would become about 5 lights. My vision was kinda funny.

Went to bed, got up in the morning and the strangest thing happened. I'm gonna cut and past this part from another post I've made about it.

Here we go-

I've heard several peoples' accounts of paralysis as a result of eating azurescens mushrooms. I always kinda shrugged it off as no big deal, they were just tripping harder than they were used to or whatever.

Well, I'm here to tell you, it is NO JOKE. I went picking at the coast and ate a lot (about 15 or 20 decent size) throughout the night after taking a strong dose of mescaline during the day. Had a challenging, but good trip. Went to sleep late. Woke up in the morning and my vision was blurry, but I didn't think much of it. Picked up my little mushroom picking shoulder bag and walked to the bathroom to go poop and figured I might pick more mushrooms when I got out of the bathroom.

So I'm coming out of the bathroom and start to walk away from it, and just collapsed. Didn't think too much of it, and tried to get up and didn't have the ability to get on my feet. It was like gravity was turned up to 3 times it's normal strength. My mind was perfectly clear though, not all shroomed out feeling. After giving up on standing up, I decided to roll myself across the wet blacktop in hopes of getting to cover so a ranger wouldn't roll up on me. I managed to at least get to the side of the road. Still couldn't get up. There was a power box close enough to me that as a saw either a ranger or park staff vehicle coming around the campground, that I was able to pull myself up to my feet. Mind you I'm soaking wet from writhing around on the road, so I managed to get to my feet and booked it for the bathroom (only about 15 feet away). Made it to the stall and just sat there on the toilet for a few. Then went back to my yurt.

Back at the yurt, I ate some food and had some green tea. My hands and mouth were still partly paralyzed so hooking up my stove and eating and drinking were both chores, but I managed. Overall, it lasted about an hour or so, even minor effects a bit longer.

It was one of the most helpless feelings in my life. I'm SO glad I was able to get myself up before the park staff found me! I had a bunch of mushrooms in my yurt as well as tons of weed. I wonder if fasting and the mescaline played a part, but then I've heard of others having this some problem not combining with other things. Crazy shit!

PS- I know I double posted this, but I figured it belonged in mushroom experiences and mescaline experiences. Hope I don't make mods mad.
Nagdeo

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/17/2012 6:51:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would be throwing those mushrooms back to the earth. I have heard way too many paralysis stories about azures now to have any desire to eat them. With all the other species in the PNW like cyans and baeocystis, semilanceata etc I dont feel any reason to explore azures now, and risk the paralysis.

Please be careful with these mushrooms.
Long live the unwoke.

nicechrisman
#3 Posted : 11/18/2012 2:26:42 AM

Kin

there have been reports of this same phenomenon with cyans, baeos and stuntzii. Pretty much all the wood lovers, but seems more common with azures. I hear cooking them in tea negates it.
Nagdeo

Ice House
#4 Posted : 11/18/2012 3:36:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

nicechrisman wrote:
there have been reports of this same phenomenon with cyans, baeos and stuntzii. Pretty much all the wood lovers, but seems more common with azures. I hear cooking them in tea negates it.

Thanks for the write up, great report. I gotta agree with jamie. I wouldnt touch those shrooms again.

The paralysis thing is extremely dangerous.

If you are experiencing paralysis how can you protect yourself? your muscular system protects your body in so many ways that you dont even realize. We humans take for granted all the things our muscels do. You have muscles that protect your airway and facilitate breathing.

I have heard. I have only heard, via via via, that cyans can do this also. I have eaten cyans well over a hundred times or more. I have never experienced anything remotely close to what I experience on azures. I do get the toxic effects from azures, so if other psilocybes cause it also, I think I would have experienced it. I manage to eat stuntzii and beos at least once a year and I have eaten both of those varieties many times over the last 30+ years I have never experienced it. Sooooo IDK.

I would reccomend that you leave the azures alone. Bad things happen when ingesting that fungus.

IH

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

nicechrisman
#5 Posted : 11/18/2012 5:22:32 AM

Kin

Well, I'm still going to experiment with them, but only in the privacy and safety of my own home from now on. I've been picking and eating azurescens from this same area for the last 10 years, so I'm not about to let one little prank scare me off.

Next time, I will try heating them in a tea. Need to do a little research on what temp is supposed to work for neutralizing this effect. Seems I remember someone on the shroomery (maybe notapillow) saying that they had talked to Paul Stamets about this and he suggested heating them in tea. I'll keep you guys posted if I learn or experience more.
Nagdeo

PsilocybeChild
#6 Posted : 11/18/2012 8:14:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could it be something to do with the type of wood they're grown on?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

nicechrisman
#7 Posted : 11/18/2012 3:40:06 PM

Kin

these were completely wild harvested from their native coastal grass habitat
Nagdeo

Ice House
#8 Posted : 11/18/2012 5:58:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

PsilocybeChild wrote:
Could it be something to do with the type of wood they're grown on?

Thats my guess. Maybe not the type of wood but something in the substrate.

They grow out of the sand and dune grass. In the sand you have pulverized organic material of all sorts. Everything that washes up in the surf. Mostly wood. I would think there is also salt in the sand, not that that is the cause. Its a very different/unique habitat compared to all outher psilocybes. These guys are found in one very small area, not like cyans, libs, or cubes which are fairly wide spread throughout the world. Azures are found just in the lower Columbia River coastal area.

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Mr.Peabody
#9 Posted : 11/27/2012 4:55:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, I think I may have stayed in such a yurt! Pretty nice place, such a beautiful area. Just be careful, that place is loaded with LEOs, as I'm sure you know.

For me, a very discomforting thing that seems to happen with azures and very occasionally cyans, is this split brain thing. It's as if my corpus collosum, the major connector of left and right brains, is shut down. It almost gives the point of view of a chameleon. My last azure trip seemed to be quite rough. In general they seem a bit less forgiving than cyans, at least for me. I think they are Paul Stamets' favorites, though. These things just affect people differently.

Be an adult only when necessary.