We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris Grass Options

Nathanial.Dread
#1 Posted : 11/25/2012 8:12:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

I was wondering if it would be possible to get either here, or elsewhere, a pretty good run-down about the state of phalaris spp. extraction teks.

I'm still pretty new to the world of DMT, but I've been looking around and what I find, on the forums, wiki, and general internet seems very inconsistent. Occasionally I run into something where someone claims to have extracted pure white crystal freebase DMT from grass, and then I'll find someone else lamenting how there are no good phalaris teks.

The people who claim to have gotten pure freebase never seem to get around to posting teks, though. All the actual recipes I've come across (not many) all seem to leave you with a sticky brown goo that honestly doesn't look that fun to smoke (or worse: drink).

It seems like MHRB is starting to become something of a problem, so I just feel more comfortable with phalaris.

Are there any good grass teks that produce nice freebase? If so, where does one go about looking.

Thanks, everyone, and happy Holidays.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/25/2012 8:14:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

check the FAQ

fourthripley
#3 Posted : 11/25/2012 9:31:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Are there any good grass teks that produce nice freebase?

Like this?
fourthripley attached the following image(s):
SDC11647.JPG (483kb) downloaded 462 time(s).
Picture 004.jpg (110kb) downloaded 460 time(s).
Picture 007.jpg (99kb) downloaded 456 time(s).
Picture 010.jpg (94kb) downloaded 456 time(s).
mistakes were made

VIII
#4 Posted : 11/25/2012 9:34:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FAQ - How can I extract DMT from phalaris
Wiki - Phalaris spp.
Wiki wrote:
Extraction teks

Different extraction teks used for other DMT containing plant can work theoretically for Phalaris too, but there are 3 main issues with extracting from phalaris:
1- Finding a plant that yields decently 2- Finding a plant with good alkaloid profile 3- Dealing with plant impurities/chlorophyll/fats
For these reasons, one will more likely have good results if one extracts from a grown plant of a known strain such as AQ1, Big Medicine for DMT, and Yugo Red or Turkey Red for 5-MeO-DMT, as well as using the stress/growth tricks to improve alkaloid content as described above
To get rid of gramine, there are still some analytical tests to make sure and find a definite tek for phalaris but the main indication we have at this point is the fact that gramine should not be soluble in solvents such as petroleum ether / hexane / heptane / aliphatic naphtha, and therefore pulling with those solvents and recrystallizing with them should be enough to remove gramine. Also cold/room temp limonene seems to not pull gramine. More info in analysis thread linked further below.
For separating from fats, fumarate precipitation such as FASI on limonene or FASA on xylene could potentially be a way to bypass the need for defats.

BLAB-FASI or FASA seems a possible route.

fourthripley, looking great! What method did you use for your extraction?
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

fourthripley
#5 Posted : 11/25/2012 9:45:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Basic tek in the pdf followed by slow, covered evaporation.
mistakes were made

VIII
#6 Posted : 11/25/2012 9:56:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fourthripley wrote:
Basic tek in the pdf followed by slow, covered evaporation.

Thanks very much! Wasn't aware that was your PDF Rolling eyes
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

Nathanial.Dread
#7 Posted : 11/25/2012 11:18:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fourthripley: thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
I'm not much a chemist, so more experienced hands may scoff at this question, but can the basic tek be trusted to remove gramine from the process? I would hate to end up with the crystals only to find out the hard way that there was something toxic in there.

nen888
#8 Posted : 11/25/2012 11:23:23 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..well done! fourthripley Very happy ..you deserve a commendation of some kind..they look profound in their own way..

i'm gonna link this in the big rambling phalaris thread..Smile

The Meddling Monk
#9 Posted : 11/26/2012 12:02:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. Most awesome!

blowjay
#10 Posted : 6/5/2013 4:41:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to bump this but I feel like it is the most relevant place to discuss it, has this been done with limo and if so what were the end results? I loved the tek you posted fourthripley but I haven't seen much mention of a tek involving limo. The big phalaris thread is pretty messy and I would love to see some clear 'do's and don'ts' of the process.

It is my understanding that limo as well as naptha will not pull the gramine at room temp, would it be possible to just go through the tek fourthripley posted using limo instead of naptha?

Parshvik Chintan
#11 Posted : 6/5/2013 8:14:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

blowjay wrote:
Sorry to bump this but I feel like it is the most relevant place to discuss it, has this been done with limo and if so what were the end results? I loved the tek you posted fourthripley but I haven't seen much mention of a tek involving limo. The big phalaris thread is pretty messy and I would love to see some clear 'do's and don'ts' of the process.

It is my understanding that limo as well as naptha will not pull the gramine at room temp, would it be possible to just go through the tek fourthripley posted using limo instead of naptha?

you would have to salt it out of the limo, but i see no reason why it wouldn't work
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Nathanial.Dread
#12 Posted : 6/5/2013 11:06:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

blowjay wrote:

You could hypothetically use the Tek given here and substitute Limonene in for naptha and edible lime in for lye.
I've done some research and I see no reason why that shouldn't work. I couldn't find anyone who has attempted it, but I am hopefully going to be undertaking an extraction here pretty quickly, so I will definitely post something on The Nexus when I have.

Parshvik is right, you cannot do a freeze-precip for the DMT, however, you would have to salt it out, and then do a freebase conversion, if you wanted pure DMT freebase.

dreamer042
#13 Posted : 6/6/2013 12:18:16 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

You may find this relevant:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=44863
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

blowjay
#14 Posted : 6/6/2013 12:52:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

I find that to be very relevant, thank you!

I would love to see a successful pictured phalaris tek using limo + lye but it looks like there will be some waiting for that.