We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Boom 2012 Drug Analysis Results Options

JuremaSpaceship
#21 Posted : 8/21/2012 6:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great job! Smile

I have been thinking about ordering an ehrlich eztest, anybody have experience with it?
Rug•Wall•Ceiling•People•Fruit•Music

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pandora
#22 Posted : 8/21/2012 6:50:11 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

endlessness,

This is an amazing post. Great work man. Pushing forward the boundaries of what used to be called unauthorized research (here in USA). Nice that you can work in a decriminalized (or partially) environment and thus focus completely on harm reduction. Amazing post. Truly.

Oh, just one more thing. . . . . America sucks!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

wearepeople
#23 Posted : 8/21/2012 7:28:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

In the near future hopefully easy-to-use thin layer chromatography kits will be available for all those interested in testing their own substances at home. Stay tuned Pleased

Are you working on making such kits?
I would love to know how to do this and have a kit for me and my friends.
We've all been lucky so far.
Is there a database of reactions?
Or is it done with know pure samples first? then compared?

this is exciting!
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

SnozzleBerry
#24 Posted : 8/21/2012 8:05:31 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

wearepeople wrote:

I would love to know how to do this

Check out this thread from endlessness's signature

wearepeople wrote:

Take a look
Or, as you asked, you can compare to an analytical standard.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

endlessness
#25 Posted : 8/22/2012 9:26:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
endlessness,

This is an amazing post. Great work man. Pushing forward the boundaries of what used to be called unauthorized research (here in USA). Nice that you can work in a decriminalized (or partially) environment and thus focus completely on harm reduction. Amazing post. Truly.

Oh, just one more thing. . . . . America sucks!

Thanks pand Smile

JuremaSpaceship wrote:
Great job! Smile

I have been thinking about ordering an ehrlich eztest, anybody have experience with it?

Ehrlich is not very selective.. It will turn purple or blue with most tryptamines, so its hard to differentiate them (though you can differentiate some, for example DMT stays purple, 5-MeO-DMT turns first purple and then blueish after 5-10 minutes) but its good as a confirmatory test.

Its better to get many of the reagents (ehrlich, marquis, mecke, etc) so that you check all the different colors it turns in the different reagents, there's less room for mistake in such way.

The problem with such tests is that if you have a substance that is a mixture, you will only see the main color (so for example any small amount of mdma will turn black with marquis, and if there's mcPP mixed, you wont see). For this you need thin layer chromatography.

Anyways do not order EZ test, they are overpriced. Check my signature colorimetric link (That snozz also linked), I posted a couple of suppliers that are signifcantly cheaper than EZ test.

wearepeople wrote:
endlessness wrote:

In the near future hopefully easy-to-use thin layer chromatography kits will be available for all those interested in testing their own substances at home. Stay tuned Pleased

Are you working on making such kits?
I would love to know how to do this and have a kit for me and my friends.
We've all been lucky so far.
Or is it done with know pure samples first? then compared?

this is exciting!

As for how it works, snozz already linked, you can compare to database or with pure standard, both ways work.

kosmos
#26 Posted : 8/22/2012 10:02:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, this is amazing, thanks to you and your team. I spoke to a number of people at the festival, I imagine they were all volunteers, doing incredibly important work. Good to see Portugal leading the world in progressive drug policy and harm reduction. This and the Kosmicare initiative, a space for people undergoing difficult psychedelic experiences, really make the Boom festival a unique event.

I looked through the interim report of analysed substances towards the end of the week and was told that the full version would be available for download after the festival from the website, but I failed to get the address down, could you please let me know if it is possible to get that? Your summary is great, and the full stats make fascinating reading too.

endlessness
#27 Posted : 8/23/2012 2:34:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What interim report do you mean? Ill try to get the full stats to post here Smile

Regarding kosmicare, indeed that is very special. I was thinking of writing a thread on it because I also volunteered there. Had to take care of some intense cases too.... Some turned out great, some not so great, but anyways thats to be expected when thousands of people mix several drugs over the course of a few days in such intense environment.

There were some people that were just coming down from a trip and wanted a quiet place to relax, there were others who were having a bad trip or intense emotions and needed some different perspective or reassurance, and there were also those who had completely lost it, delirious, sometimes even violent. I often saw, though, how people were violent and distressed when brought by the security, but as soon as those at kosmicare received the person with an open friendly calm way, the person immediately changed their state.

Appart from the interesting cases and the learning experience, it was also great meeting some of the other volunteers there, very special people. All in all a great experience Smile

entheogenadvocate
#28 Posted : 8/23/2012 2:43:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I often saw, though, how people were violent and distressed when brought by the security, but as soon as the people at kosmicare received the person with an open friendly calm way, the people immediately changed their state. Smile

A lot of wisdom right here. I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread, but I wanted to say this is very analogous to the war on drugs in general. The $45,000/yr spent to keep non-violent drug offenders behind bars could purchase a lot of therapy and education.

Thanks again for all the good you do, Endlessness. People are safer and wiser because of it.
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

The little mouse
#29 Posted : 9/23/2012 5:00:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh endless, please write a thread on your kosmicare experience. I have often wanted to start an equivalent in the US.

polytrip
#30 Posted : 9/23/2012 5:48:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
endlessness wrote:
Appart from the interesting cases and the learning experience, it was also great meeting some of the other volunteers there, very special people. All in all a great experience Smile

I also used to be a volunteer at festivals, a few years ago when i had some more free time to spend. I realy enjoyed it, also, indeed, because of the other volunteers.

I´ve noticed that there are basically two categories of volunteers at festivals: those that want to be volunteers so they can get free acces to the festival, and those that are there in the first place ecause of their ideals. But both are nice to work with, because people who´re in a positive mood are always nice to be with.

One of the things i learned, doing this work, is that you can enjoy any kind of music as long as you´re open to it. Sometimes we went to festivals that i realy wouldn´t have gone to by myself because the music would be just not my taste. But when i just tried to be open to it, i noticed after a while that almost any music can be enjoyable in some way.

oden
#31 Posted : 9/26/2012 4:21:30 AM

odin the one

LED
#32 Posted : 9/26/2012 6:56:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Awesome thing your doing for people. Thank you for the informationBig grin

Nadezhda
#33 Posted : 10/12/2012 11:01:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is great work, very interesting read. Well done endlessness Smile

Shaolin
#34 Posted : 10/27/2012 1:07:39 PM

Stiletto Stoner

endlessness wrote:
What interim report do you mean? Ill try to get the full stats to post here Smile

Final Drug Checking Report in Boom Festival 2012.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

DimensionAscension
#35 Posted : 11/25/2012 4:21:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great work, it's awesome to see things like this going on. I only wish the united states could be open enough to allow these sorts of tests to go on at festivals. I myself have been the victim of being sold one thing only to get some crazy DOx and had a miserable 2 days at a festival once. I hope no one has to ever experience that and what your doing helps people to be aware. Thanks again.

PREV12