We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bufotenine in Brosimum acutifolium Options

Infundibulum
#1 Posted : 3/6/2009 12:36:21 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIM just found this article describing the identification of bufotenine in the red latex sap of the tree Brosimum acutifolium. According to the article, the red latex of this tree is called takini and is used in shamanic practices in the tropical americas.

The authors report that 100ml of this red latex sap contain 2.5mg bufotenine.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

lurkmode
#2 Posted : 3/6/2009 5:22:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness
#3 Posted : 3/6/2009 5:54:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it says water extracted (for this extract in the link). The question is whether bufotenine in the form found in that plant is water soluble. If not, then its no bufotenine extract

coz42
#4 Posted : 3/6/2009 6:07:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is really interesting as bufotenine has only been isolated from the latex. Even though the bark goes through prenylation to include qualities that can help inflamation and general pain, generally flavanoids of brosimine A&B, there's no traces of bufotenine in the bark as I understand. As they prepared an intravenous extraction they took the sap and included it in their extracted bark material for their conclusions.

If that's the case, then maya would probably be best bet:
http://www.maya-ethnobot...d/herbid_075/formid_653/
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

69ron
#5 Posted : 3/6/2009 6:11:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Infundibulum. I saved that document. Very interesting.

Endlessness, bufotenine has a very high pKa of 9.67, higher than DMT so it would exist in water soluble form unless the plant is extremely alkaline which is highly unlikely. Most plants have an internal pH of 5-6. Most soil has a pH between 4 and 8. For the bufotenine to be mostly freebase the plant would need a pH higher than 9.67. That doesn’t sound at all likely to me.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#6 Posted : 3/6/2009 6:14:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

coz42 wrote:
This is really interesting as bufotenine has only been isolated from the latex. Even though the bark goes through prenylation to include qualities that can help inflamation and general pain, generally flavanoids of brosimine A&B, there's no traces of bufotenine in the bark as I understand. As they prepared an intravenous extraction they took the sap and included it in their extracted bark material for their conclusions.

If that's the case, then maya would probably be best bet:
http://www.maya-ethnobot...d/herbid_075/formid_653/

Thanks for that link Coz42!!!!
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#7 Posted : 3/6/2009 6:17:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I should mention that bufotenine could be in a non water soluble salt form. That is possible. Some salts are insoluble in water. For example mescaline sulfate is very poorly soluble in water and practically insoluble in ice cold water while mescaline hydrochloride is highly water soluble. So at a low pH it could have paired up with a an acid that makes it insoluble in water, but I don't know of any such salt form of bufotenine. All the ones I know of are very water soluble.

bufoman
#8 Posted : 3/8/2009 8:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Great find. Thanks. It is amazing how much stuff is out there that has yet to be discovered by western civilization.

BTW Have any of you guys heard of sapo?

http://diseyes.lycaeum.org/fresh/nunu.htm

endlessness
#9 Posted : 3/8/2009 8:53:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, phyllomedusa bicolor. The indigenous shamans Ive been working with use it, its called Kampo or Kambo

it induces quite some purging. my friend's face was swollen like you wouldnt believe. I havent done it yet, maybe sometime. It seems to improve the immune system incredibly and after the difficult experience feel great and energised. but I dont know how many researches there were about it. It is not so much psychedelic as in these substances we usually talk about, but more in the line of ordeal poisons. Not to think lightly of, as people have died with it. But I think a potentially promising medicine

to extract to poison one sort of tortures the frog, which is not so nice, but they live.

ohayoco
#10 Posted : 5/6/2010 12:47:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just heard about Murure so searched the Nexus for it- knew there would be a thread somewhere!

So has anyone tried Maya's sap yet, and has any advice on traditional dosage etc been gathered? Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.