We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
skype vulnerability Options

samomi
#1 Posted : 11/15/2012 8:45:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good day, nexians!

A friend of mine told me that:

Quote:
<removed the part about how to hack a skype account>

I don't know exactly how it works or if it is 100%true, I just heard it from my good friend and telling you.
So criticism is welcome Smile
believe in nexus

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 11/15/2012 9:22:42 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I have removed the "how to hack a Skype account" part since I don't want to promote hacking on this site.

However, Skype is interesting for security as it is known now that they pass user information and details to the police: Skype makes chats and user data more available to police

Washington post wrote:
Skype, the online phone service long favored by political dissidents, criminals and others eager to communicate beyond the reach of governments, has expanded its cooperation with law enforcement authorities to make online chats and other user information available to police, said industry and government officials familiar with the changes.

So don't trust Skype to keep your privacy!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Ufostrahlen
#3 Posted : 11/15/2012 9:42:58 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Better use

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pidgin_%28software%29

for chatting

"Various other features are supported using third-party plugins.[12] Such features include:

Encryption and privacy, through Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR)"

Never tried

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuteCom for calls

but Wiki says: "A beta AES-128 encryption using SRTP is available since 2.1 version of QuteCom." which sounds promising.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Shaolin
#4 Posted : 11/15/2012 11:07:43 AM

Stiletto Stoner

XMPP account using Pidgin with OTR seems like a secure setup for instant messaging.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

SKA
#5 Posted : 11/15/2012 1:20:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How low of Skype to sell it's clients out like that. It's what all big
companies in the internet communication branch are doing. Facebook does it
too( to companies, don't know if they share files with the Police)

Most likely MSNmessenger does it too.
I've read that cellphone-conversations being put through word reckognising
software that will suddenly record & save conversations if certain keywords
are said, like "bomb", "bomb attack" or anything that may relate to a terrorist-
plot. Can't recall wether I heard or read it or where though.
If that's true however, they could just as easily program that software to
recognise words like "LSD", "DMT", "Magic Mushrooms" and whatnot.

Conclusion: If you want to discuss matters that are legally delicate, either don't
discuss them on the phone, skype, facebook or MSN. If you have no other way of
communicating at least use a lingo of words to replace risky words like LSD, DMT...etc.

Pandora
#6 Posted : 11/15/2012 3:57:27 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Though I have discussed use of scheduled materials in Skype in the past it's never gone beyond that. Typically, it's harmless, cats, etc.

BUT, the RC website Euphoricknowledge shut down last March after this little bit of Nobel Laureate level Primo IDIOCY: The admin said he wanted to get out of the RC scene and pursue his education so he gave/sold the site to his friend(s). Well, apparently, the truth was, he was on Skype trying to arrange deals in the kilograms range of scheduled materials. Oy! One person he was making these arrangements with (unbeknownst to him at the time) was LEO. Last I heard he was cooling his heals in a FL cell awaiting a trial date.

Seriously folks, I'd recommend keeping Skype OFF your computer or if you use it, keeping the topics related to cats or something equally boring and innocuous.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

nexalizer
#7 Posted : 11/15/2012 6:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA wrote:

Conclusion: If you want to discuss matters that are legally delicate, either don't
discuss them on the phone, skype, facebook or MSN. If you have no other way of
communicating at least use a lingo of words to replace risky words like LSD, DMT...etc.

http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

nen888
#8 Posted : 11/16/2012 10:52:41 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Thankyou samoni!

I DO know of skype accounts being hacked. Best to assume anyone who wants to knows what you're doing. I live my life that way.

But thank you samoni..we need to stay a step ahead.

samomi
#9 Posted : 11/20/2012 4:07:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you a lot for info on secure analogues of skype!

though original message (first post) concerned usage of skype for talking about cats and so on, but better to move away from it anyway Smile
believe in nexus