We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Oral Harmalas + smoked DMT (EXTREMELY INTENSE journey) Options

Michal_R
#1 Posted : 10/31/2012 12:52:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

(This post has been motivated by a fellow Nexian describing his positive experience with Rue tea + smoked DMT https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=38081)

I experimented with oral MAOI + smoked DMT several times in the past, with some very positive results. But last week, something unexpected happened. Almost instantly after inhaling, I was brutally cast on an extremely intense, rather dark journey, where I prayed it would end soon Sad

I would compare it to an unbelievably crazy superfast mega-roller-coaster ride, edged by a very dark panopticum of creatures from beyond... As if a malicious co-rider, a greenish clown-like being, was laughing at me: "Now, you are going to see what I will show you, and you have no other option...." Shocked

I have no idea what went wrong, and why Sad I suppose I should have smoked less...

My method of ingestion had been: drinking Syrian Rue tea brewed from 2,5g + smoking 15mg of yellowish DMT 45 minutes later. All in one toke through my GVG... and, let me tell you, I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN (and PLEASE: if you plan on trying oral harmalas + freebase DMT, make sure to start very low, because this experience can be very intense / it definitely was my most intense and dark journey so far). After I will put together enough courage one day, I will return to the tried-and-true method: 3g of Syrian Rue + 10mgs of DMT about 30 minutes afterwards (+ another 10mgs after another cca 20 minutes if needed).

I was wondering, my dear Nexians, what is your experience with smoked DMT + oral Harmalas? What is your prefered "recepies" for a successful immersion to Hyperspace?

Thanks for sharing.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Vito
#2 Posted : 11/14/2012 2:31:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to hear about your dark venture friend, however, i think it may be jumping the gun a bit to say never, though you are obviously free to do so.

Even with freebase alone one can have journey's on either side of the spectrum, i know i most certainly have, and as hard as the bad ones have been, ive taken them in my stride and powered on hoping to improve myself.

It may have been your anxiety getting the better of you, and perhaps the next one will be a polar opposite. I offer you good thoughts and pray your next journey, however embarked be full of love and light.
"We'll sit quiet, be alert, pay attention to you, be available, hold good thoughts and feelings for you. If you need human contact, just put out your hand and somebody will take it. If you lose control, we're here to help. Otherwise, this is your experience, not ours. Your pretty much on your own."

CLT
#3 Posted : 11/15/2012 10:55:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've only recently started doing this, but I like it so much that I might not ever go back to vaping freebase without harmalas Smile. My recipe has been 100-150mg harmaline followed by 18-24mg DMT vaporized about 1-1.5hrs afterwards. I wait a little bit longer with the DMT than is generally advised, because fasting for 4+ hours isn't an option for me for several reasons, and I want to make sure the harmalas are in full effect when I vape. It is my understanding that harmalas work 4+ hours anyway.

I prefer harmalas+DMT to just DMT for a couple of reasons. The coming-up is markedly slower for me (instead of 15 seconds probably around 40 seconds, which makes a large difference) so I can ease into it, i.e. it allows me to do away with the "what have I done to myself" feelings before I really plateau. Secondly, because the whole experience lasts a lot longer, I'm able to get much more out of it. With just DMT I often feel as if I've seen/understood/experienced only a glimpse of what was there, simply because it was gone so fast. Much less so with the extending action of harmalas.

About your dark journey, I think that's just a part of the DMT experience.. I've had it happen on just DMT, and I have no doubt at all that at some point it WILL happen to me when combined with harmalas as well. The general advice is to take a longer break than usual before your next journey, and start slowly next time. Sometimes you can figure out what was the cause of a dark journey (for me it's often inability to let go, the solution is to take control) but I've also had experiences where I still haven't a clue why they turned out as bad as they did. Personally, I wouldn't completely give up on the harmala+DMT combination though, give it a rest and try again at a lower level!

Michal_R
#4 Posted : 11/19/2012 1:32:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Vito and CLT,

Thanks a lot for your words of comfort and encouragement, and for your thoughts. Some time has past since the above experience, and I already see it in a slightly different light (next time, for example, I will definitely take more care about set´n´setting, not rush anywhere + take lower dose)

What also helped in the end, for someone maybe surprisingly, was drinking Pharmahuasca - after some initial discomfort ("oh no, please no, I am back, again!!!"Pleased, things got remedied. Pharmahuasca left me with an affirmation that everything is gonna be all right next time...

Vito wrote:
...I think it may be jumping the gun a bit to say never...

I think, Vito, that you were right... Wink

Enoon
#5 Posted : 11/19/2012 2:39:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I almost always found oral harmalas and vaped dmt to be too intense on the come up. I usually got so scared in the first 5 seconds that I could not really enjoy much of the rest of the trip. The times that I did get over the initial shock or feeling that I must have broken my brain, it was amazing. For me vaping dmt on oral harmalas can last almost as long as pharma - that's because pharma for me lasts only 1 hour...

anyway, I can totally see where you are coming from with being rattled by it.

better luck next time Smile
cheers
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Vito
#6 Posted : 11/19/2012 3:29:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hehe, just be thankful you're not in my shoes. DMT has apparently decided i am not allowed to come to hyperspace for a while and I just cant break through. Pity, but i'll just try again in a couple months I suppose. Glad your feeling better.
"We'll sit quiet, be alert, pay attention to you, be available, hold good thoughts and feelings for you. If you need human contact, just put out your hand and somebody will take it. If you lose control, we're here to help. Otherwise, this is your experience, not ours. Your pretty much on your own."

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 11/19/2012 8:48:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Vito wrote:
Hehe, just be thankful you're not in my shoes. DMT has apparently decided i am not allowed to come to hyperspace for a while and I just cant break through. Pity, but i'll just try again in a couple months I suppose. Glad your feeling better.

that happened to me for awhile....and all i really needed to do was take a break for awhile..and finally the time came and i tried again..and it was amazing..

sometimes 'they' want you to get some stuff done before you continue
it's a sound

Pandora
#8 Posted : 11/19/2012 9:06:58 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I am sorry you had such a rough ride Michal_R.

My one and only authentic "vaporhuasca" experience was one of the deepest I ever took. As a matter of fact, my husband/sitter was a little scared - he said it was the only trip where I lay there open eyed catatonic the whole time with an utterly surprised and shocked look on my face.

I had ingested 200 mgs of freebase harmalas, then about 40 mins. later vaped 50 mgs of crystal in my GVG.

Though unlike yours Michal_R, I did not subjectively experience a rough ride, I shall not be trying that again any life soon!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU