We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it all just a big game? Options

pinche
#1 Posted : 3/4/2009 10:31:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone else gotten the overall impression from entheogens that all of creation is a game? It took years for me to realize it but looking back it was always there. That message that we are ultimatly here to play.Some unimaginable force is creating infinite forms and forgeting itself in them,and the goal is to wake up.Like the Hindu creation story.Lately the information I receive seems to suggest that forms of tension and release are key to this play.Tension is built up to a peak and then released bringing the ecstasy.Like trance music sort of.But this happens on many levels.Our whole lives are a build up of experiences and at death we are released from the bonds of the body.And we have free will,because it would not be much of a game if you knew the outcome already.We are toys and we make choices in this game, sometimes we cause unpleasant things but in the big picture it is nothing.We are created by higher beings and they are created by even higher beings and so on and so on till who knows.
Sorry,this might not make sense but it is what has been shown to me.Maybe im nuts,has anyone else been given this info or anything like it?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

mugwump77
#2 Posted : 3/4/2009 10:52:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

makes plenty of sense. and yes, i would agree that "existence" is a game. it is play. alan watts touches on this quite poetically (as usual): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5LVg_1x4ww

but from my experience of peeking behind the curtain (if you will) has shown life to be even more of a game than i had previously thought. it is music, song, play, and absurdity. in the sense, IMHO, that it truly does not matter. it is ridiculous and utterly laughable. life, breathing, and conciousness serve no purpose, other than to propagate itself until... well until it doesn't anymore. and in the end it means nothing, and so we all have a laugh at the whole thing, because it is a joke in which there is no punch line, but the story amuses us all the same.

i don't mean this in any dismissive sense, other than all attempts to control, manage, and stack the decks are a form of cheating in a game in which there is no reward other than the play itself. like watts says, the there is no POINT to music. there is no CONCLUSION to life. it is what it is until it isn't any more, and then there may or may not be something else, but it will never be concluded.

even western religions (known for being very much focused linearly) can show this in its philosophy. because even in a concept of a world moving toward exhaultation, or armageddon, or whatever the particular flavor conceptualizes as the "end" you still have the idea of the righteous spending eternity somewhere playing harps and knowing peace. it doesn't end.

eternity is not forever, but nothing is final.

it is a game because there is no point, and since time seems to bind us, for now, we pass the time with silly things like marriage, economy, borders, and patterns. the beauty of the spice is it gives one a chance to pan back, just a bit, and see the pattern. like a bug on a beautiful tapestry lifted up to see the lovely design he had been living in all the time, only to delight in wonder at what lies beyond that tapestry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfODAGWjW4

Advertising is tax deductible, so we all pay for the privilege of being manipulated and controlled.
-Noam Chomsky

Do you think that the amoeba ever dreamed that it would evolve into the frog? Of course it didn't. And when that first frog shimmied out of the water and employed its vocal cords in order to attract a mate or to retard a predator, do you think that that frog ever imagined that that incipient croak would evolve into all the languages of the world, into all the literature of the world? Of course it fucking didn't. And just as that froggy could never possibly have conceived of Shakespeare, so we can never possibly imagine our destiny.
-Naked (1993)

pinche
#3 Posted : 3/5/2009 1:10:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

your right, there is no point and it is a joke, like McKenna says a "cosmic giggle". This might plunge some into dispair but not me. Its a relief for me, no more searching for purpose and all that, you make your own purpose and play your own game. The sense I get with alot of the visions and whatnot is "hey look what I can do, what can you do,lets play" "Lets create together."It is wonderful.Thanks mugwump for pitching in and letting me know that there is at least one other person out there thet is as crazy as I am.Have fun playing.

mugwump77
#4 Posted : 3/5/2009 1:16:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Have fun playing.

i try to. the only downfall in the game, so far as i can see, is that i keep forgetting i'm playing. but it isn't really a downfall in the game, but more the way i percieve it, i suppose.

Smile

forgetting does make the game more fun at times, though.

speaking of playing: i'll race to here and now. mark, set go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfODAGWjW4

Advertising is tax deductible, so we all pay for the privilege of being manipulated and controlled.
-Noam Chomsky

Do you think that the amoeba ever dreamed that it would evolve into the frog? Of course it didn't. And when that first frog shimmied out of the water and employed its vocal cords in order to attract a mate or to retard a predator, do you think that that frog ever imagined that that incipient croak would evolve into all the languages of the world, into all the literature of the world? Of course it fucking didn't. And just as that froggy could never possibly have conceived of Shakespeare, so we can never possibly imagine our destiny.
-Naked (1993)

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 3/5/2009 1:39:37 AM

John Murdoch IV

Oh yeah it's one crazy game. And part of it is to find out the rules Smile Like to figure out how karma works and stuff Smile It's fun but can be quite difficult at times Razz I've been learning the last years how everything always turns out fine just if you let go and stop worrying. Now I've been through some tests lately and have done very good Smile Am laughing at life these days. It's ridiculous how things sometimes look so bad, but then everything became just fine and turned out as good as possible Smile It's like sometimes things just look soooo black that the best thing to do is to just don't give a fuck because it seems not in your power to fix things. Just do your best and trust in life and then in a blink of an eye all problems suddenly dissolve into thin air Smile hahahahaha This has happened to me so often the last 2 years that it's just funny Smile Many tests and I'm getting very good at this Smile I don't worry about things anymore. There's no reason to when you know what's right and what's wrong for YOU!
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

pinche
#6 Posted : 3/5/2009 1:54:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Right on, I think of the old saying of "Be like water, it takes the form of its container." Thats one of the big lessons to learn , to let go, acceptance of what is. Sure it gets rough sometimes and you forget but you have to have the pain in order to have the pleasure.