We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
introduction with many o question Options

scythe
#1 Posted : 3/3/2009 11:34:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hello all,
i come from the cornfields of the midwest with much interest in what seems to be everyones favorite tryptamine... Smile
my background is the erowid, lycaeum, hive, rhodium, deoxy and the nook! those are my main sites i learn from.
I've had the pleasure of dreaming with both 5-meo and n,n (mimosa) and have even tried dreaming up several xtractions. not much luck with that tho...first time just got inactive but good smelling orange goo.. this was an a/b on mimosa many years ago. my latest attempt at dreaming a STB had some problems im hoping some of 'yall can decipher..

(nomans tek)
250g of mimosa powder from compras peru (have had good results with there pedro, thats all)
3750ml of h20
250g of lye( i know its real lye)
a lot of naptha ( i dont remember, but it was more than normal, started off with 300ml)

the basic water was made.. mimosa powder added. stirred. set for 15 min. naptha added. stirred, slightly shaken).
seperated. saved. repeated about 5 times.. first tried freezing it but found out my freezer cant get that cold... soo, evap'd it..nothing left. just oily mess that smelled of dmt!! two or three orange flakes that im too depressed to even try out, hahah....so, added the last of my naptha (~200ml) and its been in there for about two days now.. i shake it up
from time to time.. gonna evap that then try either:
-adding more lye water? checked the ph and it was 12.. as far as i can tell, ph paper was as black as possible and it only goes up to 12

-try a xylene pull and see what i get..

soooo, any ideas? no enough lye/water? crappy bark? it was pink/greyish..
thanks a head in advance!
love&light
93 93/93

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

fourthripley
#2 Posted : 3/4/2009 12:11:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
stirred, slightly shaken.

You don't want to shake the thing madly, but it sounds like you may have not mixed your layers enough. Invert your container, slowly and deliberately, 20 times. Allow layers to seperate and repeat. You want it all to mix up without forming a problem emulsion; hell, extractions depend on forming short lived emulsions. Heating the whole mess up a little may also help things alongSmile
mistakes were made

scythe
#3 Posted : 3/4/2009 12:18:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the quick reply! well, ive mixed it pretty well, i did it slowly at first but then i just got careless and shake it really good.. the emulsions settle after 10-15 min.. im gonna get another naptha can tommorow and try warm naptha.. keep you guys updated! im really thinking i need more water and lye.. we shall see!
love&light
93 93/93

DarkShaman
#4 Posted : 3/4/2009 8:46:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds as if you have been mixing correctly if it takes 10-15 min. to seperate.

Perhaps you didn't leave your extraction in the freezer long enough? Sometimes it can take 24-48 hrs to freeze precip. crystals.

My only other theory is that perhaps your san pedro source sells shtty mhrb. Peep out the suppliers thread.

Oh yes, I generally find that using warm naptha (the hotter the better) mixed into a luke-warm to cold base solution will suck the alkaloids out quick af. This can be achieved by implementing a warm-hot water bath on your container of naptha.