We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
First extraction attempt Options

notapillow
#21 Posted : 1/15/2009 11:59:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

how do you warm your naptha

hot bath

or do you let the whole thing go unde the sink

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Lebre
#22 Posted : 1/16/2009 11:34:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow hysterix, your last pulls look incredible.

Have you, or anyone else in this forum, ever heard of someone considering using limonene (as discussed in the nontoxic limonene tek) instead of naphtha in a STB extraction? If someone were to do it, do you think the naphtha could be replaced by the equivalent amount o limonene?

And keep us update with your trip reports Cool

hysterix
#23 Posted : 1/23/2009 5:29:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

notapillow wrote:
how do you warm your naptha

hot bath

or do you let the whole thing go unde the sink

I used a very simple method, all I did was put my naphtha in my pyrex glass, and in another location from the pull, brought water to an almost boil in a small metal pot, brought that hot water downstairs to our naptha area, and sat the pyrex glass 3000 ml cup into the hot water so the naphtha became more than warm to the touch. That was then poured into the mucky lye/bark mix, stirred for 25 minutes and then left to sit and then extracted from.

Lebre wrote:
Wow hysterix, your last pulls look incredible.

Have you, or anyone else in this forum, ever heard of someone considering using limonene (as discussed in the nontoxic limonene tek) instead of naphtha in a STB extraction? If someone were to do it, do you think the naphtha could be replaced by the equivalent amount o limonene?

And keep us update with your trip reports Cool

I am totally new to this extraction stuff and although I read about this method, I came across that the lye stb way was the easiest and produced the best results so I went with this one. I have never tried the other way and cannot comment on it, but will probably give it a try one of these days in the future.
And of course the psychedelics are the naturally evolved nano-machinary of the gayain-matrix that knits together this cosmic ecology. -Terrance Mckenna

SoCal
#24 Posted : 2/5/2009 5:25:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

when you guys use powdered mimosa does it sink to the bottom pretty well and separate from the naptha? Also, where can SWIM get one of those 25 ml pipettes? That looks great!

hysterix
#25 Posted : 2/10/2009 1:18:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey SoCal, I didn't use powered mimosa, it still had the consistency of bark, just smaller pieces of it. I have never use store bought powder, as I assume I can do that myself and then I know the product for which I am working with. As for sinking to the bottom, I would assume during a 30 minute slow stir, all mimosa would be evenly distributed through the substance, and it would properly separate upon being left alone long enough.

Lastly, I got the pipette from a just a regular science equipment distributor online, along with the cool gloves and googles which are a necessity as well. I didn't worry too much about ordering that sort of stuff online.
And of course the psychedelics are the naturally evolved nano-machinary of the gayain-matrix that knits together this cosmic ecology. -Terrance Mckenna

SoCal
#26 Posted : 2/15/2009 8:15:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sweet thanks. can you post or pm me the online distributor link? also, how many ml of naptha were you using for each pull?

SoCal
#27 Posted : 2/15/2009 8:18:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nevermind on the naptha. I see that you were using 170 ml. that sounds kind of low. wouldn't 300 to 400 ml be better? SWIM has been reading so many different discussions on this and it seems everyone goes about it differently. on a related note, the last one my friend did it was a real pain in the arse pouring off the naptha.

hysterix
#28 Posted : 2/17/2009 10:39:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SoCal wrote:
sweet thanks. can you post or pm me the online distributor link? also, how many ml of naptha were you using for each pull?

I hope you don't mind my sense of humor. It is the first link in the google search results:
http://tinyurl.com/cgguu4

It is amusing that in the second link of that search result someone is bad mouthing bbb, but I ask, looking at my pull, would you order from them or not?

SoCal wrote:
wouldn't 300 to 400 ml be better?

Well yes and no I suppose. Yes you collect more in less pulls, but no you then have to evaporate a whole load more naphtha. The amount I used seemed right for the job I did although it was slightly difficult sucking out the slim layer of naphtha off the top after I was done stirring each time. (That could have been avoided if I poured the naphtha into a cup or something first) I thew all of the separate naphtha pulls into a single dish, evaporated half of that amount and then freeze precip. I can't imagine having double the amount of naphtha that I did, and having to evaporate half that amount before I put it in the fridge. That would be a whole lot of extra naphtha, A LOT more time to evap., and wasteful (I believe). But, experiment away and do whatever works best for you I say!

bomshankar123
#29 Posted : 3/4/2009 7:17:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Clearly he is using ratios that are a lot different than in Nomans tek but has an even better yield. For my extraction with 100gs, what would have a better yeild following nomans tek word for word, or just following this one using the same ratios used here?

PREV12