We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
We have legal cannabis in the USA!!! Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 11/7/2012 4:45:09 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mr.Peabody
#2 Posted : 11/7/2012 4:54:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, we'll see how the federal govt handles it. I don't want to get my hopes up, especially since it seems to me medical crackdowns have been going up in recent times...

But YAY! anywaysBig grin

My plant would be so happy to know she's no longer in jeopardy....sort of.... less jeopardy.

If I didn't have a big test for school tomorrow, I'd light myself up a bowl in celebration! Tomorrow will work, though!
Be an adult only when necessary.

pau
#3 Posted : 11/7/2012 5:11:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, you know how this worked in California...
state legalized medical MJ, local govs and feds teamed up against state and beat them.
So for example there used to be a med MJ place on nearly every busy commercial streetcorner in San Diego (REALLY busy, you wouldn't believe how many sick people there must have been!) .... now there are none, just in the course of a year.
WHOA!

Wax
#4 Posted : 11/7/2012 5:11:57 AM

LUVR

Bout' time.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

SWIMfriend
#5 Posted : 11/7/2012 5:21:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody wrote:
Well, we'll see how the federal govt handles it.

I think the chances are good that the feds will back off, since Obama got his second term--i.e., since he can do what he thinks is right and sensible, and not have to worry so much about re-election, as he did before tonight.

nen888
#6 Posted : 11/7/2012 5:22:41 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

God Bless America! well, one or two of those fifty stars anyway..Smile

Mr.Peabody
#7 Posted : 11/7/2012 5:35:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope you're right SWIMfriend!

Pau,
Can you elaborate a bit? I think I need to do some research on that...

SWIMfriend
#8 Posted : 11/7/2012 5:46:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a quick, interesting thought on the matter. As it's explained there--at least by state law--cannabis will be COMPLETELY LEGAL in Colorado--i.e., you could start a LARGE, MECHANIZED cannabis farm, and sell your product to walmart.

....of course, the worry is that the feds wouldn't quite be happy about THAT...

dreamer042
#9 Posted : 11/7/2012 5:51:43 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Amendment 64 requires a license to grow over 6 plants. The six plants can only be kept in a secured grow room and only 3 can be flowering at any one time. It also only allows transfer of up to 1 ounce without a license.

full text of the bill here:
http://www.regulatemarij...rijuana-alcohol-act-2012
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

SmoovPnCali
#10 Posted : 11/7/2012 5:54:36 AM

Reality is a matter of perspective...

Soon many States will follow when they see how much money is raised by taxing it...

WOOOO WHOOOOOOOO!Thumbs up

Crazyhorse
#11 Posted : 11/7/2012 6:06:04 AM

Wide eyed and hopeful

SWIMfriend wrote:
Here's a quick, interesting thought on the matter. As it's explained there--at least by state law--cannabis will be COMPLETELY LEGAL in Colorado--i.e., you could start a LARGE, MECHANIZED cannabis farm, and sell your product to walmart.

....of course, the worry is that the feds wouldn't quite be happy about THAT...

In one town in CO. (Breckenridge), recreational use has already been legal for several years, even though it's been in conflict with state law, the same way state law is in conflict with federal. But AFAIK nobody has turned that over yet...

But also at the same time, there has been a lot of backlash and some other towns have outlawed dispensaries and cafe's on a more local level. There's a whole reality show about it (Weed Wars). Even though I don't smoke it anymore myself I'm definitely curious to see how it all plays out.
No direction but to follow what you know,
No direction but a faith in her decision,
No direction but to never fight her flow,
No direction but to trust the final destination.

SWIMfriend
#12 Posted : 11/7/2012 6:28:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Amendment 64 requires a license to grow over 6 plants. The six plants can only be kept in a secured grow room and only 3 can be flowering at any one time. It also only allows transfer of up to 1 ounce without a license.

awww, shucks.

MelCat
#13 Posted : 11/7/2012 6:33:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
dreamer042 wrote:

awww, shucks.

They don't say how big they gotta be... Keep 'em in the veg cycle long enough with vigorous pruning and those plants can last awhile. Especially if you work a good calendar system out.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Mr.Peabody
#14 Posted : 11/7/2012 6:44:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Weed's been more or less legal in Seattle for quite a long time. The policy is that it will not be prosecutable, and this is actually true for any drug. The policy actually allows up to 3 gram transactions, since that's the limit. I just found this out yesterday from a LEO. No, not the hard way.

The bill in Washington is kind of so-so. It's super strict on where the state-run stores may be located, and so there's not going to be many stores. And I don't think average folks are allowed to grow their own. I really doubt they'll be able to remove all the seeds from the buds being sold, though!! And really, there's not going to be a hit squad dedicated to Joe Schmo's couple of personal use plants.

I think it's cool though. It's a place to start from, and figure out the way to make it all work later.

pau
#15 Posted : 11/7/2012 6:51:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some elaboration on the California situation, for Mr Peabody:
Medical MJ in California/Huffington Post

That's only one article...just google "California MJ dispensary closure"

The state passed a law in 1996 permitting medical MJ. That grew to a very big business by 2011, though it was mom and pop sized stores. And really, anybody who really wanted it could get MJ. Under Bush, the fed govt made threats but never took actual steps to force closures....under Obama, the fed govt has been absolutely ferocious in teaming up with local governments (which are by and large opposed to the dispensaries) and threatening business owners AND landlords with real, dire consequences such as arrests, seizures of property and even buildings, etc. The states are essentially powerless since it is a well-established principle that federal law supersedes all other laws that may conflict with it. The state looked like a powerless wimp. I would imagine Colorado is in for the same.

I know a business owner and a landlord who beginning in 2010 were dragged into this ... a small mom and pop dispensary but they were making BIG $$$. Then, in 2011 it went into high gear. The feds had the local San Diego govt DA do their dirty work for them with nasty letters and unannounced thug-like visits, and down the road was the risk of the landlord having their building seized by the feds. In less than 12 months it was over. I think the last dispensary gave up their legal battles a few months ago. Obama really did turn this issue into a bad tasting scene....not sure why anything else would be expected for his second term.

On the other hand, libertarian-oriented leaders, more commonly thought of as Republican, like George Schultz, Milton Friedman, Casper Weinberger and William Buckley, have been squarely, on principle, pro-legalization.
WHOA!

SWIMfriend
#16 Posted : 11/7/2012 7:28:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bold Prediction: Cannabis prohibition will completely end in the US within the next four years.

....and gay marriage will be legal everywhere in the US within the next four years.

Parshvik Chintan
#17 Posted : 11/7/2012 8:03:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
Bold Prediction: Cannabis prohibition will completely end in the US within the next four years.

....and gay marriage will be legal everywhere in the US within the next four years.

i would give it at least 8
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
樹

Crazyhorse
#18 Posted : 11/7/2012 8:09:02 AM

Wide eyed and hopeful

Yeah I think 4 years is a bit too optimistic too. But Bronco MIGHT at least try to give the states enough freedom to decide what they want on an individual basis, and end this whole federal vs. state law mess. Then it would be up to each part of the country to evolve at its own pace. Once real money starts flowing from taxing it, things could start moving much faster.
No direction but to follow what you know,
No direction but a faith in her decision,
No direction but to never fight her flow,
No direction but to trust the final destination.

nen888
#19 Posted : 11/7/2012 9:27:40 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

SWIMfriend wrote:

................& dimethyltryptamine in 12..?Thumbs up

Shaolin
#20 Posted : 11/7/2012 10:34:06 AM

Stiletto Stoner

Damn dreamoar beat me with the post Very happy

In any case, congratulations folks.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

123NEXT»