We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV535455
Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

rudder
#1081 Posted : 11/6/2012 6:16:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

From the wikipedia article on methyl ethyl ketone:
Quote:
Butanone is listed as a Table II precursor under the United Nations Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butanone

I've searched the net for where to buy this, and it seems that only some major chemical supply companies have it. How much should one expect to pay for x quantity? Also, isn't it a bit risky to purchase given the above information?

Perhaps there's something easier to use that can be found at a local hardware store?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

soulman
#1082 Posted : 7/28/2013 3:32:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What tek/methods have people had success with when trying to squeeze the limonene from the cactus mush before adding the vinegar? (As in, if you havent got a french coffee press) ?

SWIM is struggling at the minute!!
You have to go within or you go without

endlessness
#1083 Posted : 7/28/2013 3:33:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that best is to use pressure cooker to separate liquid from mush. Not sure whats the second best option.

The Day Tripper
#1084 Posted : 7/29/2013 1:55:01 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Mr. Kush wrote:
My FOAF is in the middle of this...

He is having a hard time seperating the d-limo from the cactus sludge. When he tries to filter it with either papers or wire mesh the sludge clogs up the pores and doesn't allow any of the d-limo to pass through. He's not able to decant it off the top either...

has anyone come up with a good way to seperate the two?

Sorry for asking, I tried my best to read through the 54 pages, but only had time to scan and couldn't find anything.

My foaf did this a couple years ago with success, but at the time had a buchner funnel he poored it into, the vacuum helped the liquid(NP) come through. He no longer has one...

Foaf was also wondering if seperating isn't doable if he could add more water and NaOH and turn it into a stb. Does D-limo seperate easy or does it form nasty emulsions?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Thats a doosey.., but you can fix it (imho).

Add more water, lye and salt, then stir the mixture in a warm container (water bath) and as long as you have the cactus sludge thinned out enough by the water, you'll eventually get separation.

Once i got separation, and pulled off my limo I'd dry that sludge, and pull with limo, then just filter out the particulates, no agua, no goo/sludge Thumbs up

You could also try freezing it/thawing it, or thinning it out with a bit of water, and throwing it on a vibrating surface. I'd be careful putting something with limo in it in a pc, or something going on the stove.

You could put a vac on it too, that would prob burst the cell walls/sludge/slime your getting when hydrating cactus flesh.

I prefer not to mess around with that gooey/slimy/sludgy/unfilterable crap by doing a 70-90% dry alcohol pull on the powder or chips, and make a resin first. Then proceed to do a stb,a/b, or just eat that resin if you don't care about purifying the alkaloids.

No goop/sludge involved.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Loveall
#1085 Posted : 3/5/2022 3:52:08 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Directly salting rested/decanted/clear limonene with benzoic acid powder is a likely simplification for this TEK. I'll give it a try eventually and report back, but if anyone is doing this limonene process and feels like trying an experiment they may find that benzoic acid simplifies the salting step a lot.

Benzoic acid is used in the food industry as a preservative and available as food grade.

Cheers and happy crystal growing ✨
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Loveall
#1086 Posted : 3/9/2022 10:05:17 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Loveall wrote:
Directly salting rested/decanted/clear limonene with benzoic acid powder is a likely simplification for this TEK. I'll give it a try eventually and report back, but if anyone is doing this limonene process and feels like trying an experiment they may find that benzoic acid simplifies the salting step a lot.

Benzoic acid is used in the food industry as a preservative and available as food grade.

Cheers and happy crystal growing ✨

Tried adding benzoic acid to limonene pulls. Doesn't work. No xtals precipitated. Can't explain why toluene works but not limonene 🤷‍♂️

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

«PREV535455