We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
A. Confusa Extraction Options

Caducious
#1 Posted : 11/5/2012 12:54:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Foward:

This is what a doctor from the south pole told me.

"I have experience with MHRB STB. Was hoping that ACRB would be the same. I tried it and got white goo first pull. Yellowish white goo second pull.

1 Large mason jar
1 small mason jar
1 Turkey baster (glass)

100g Verified root bark. Was whole. I shredded and powdered.
4 tablespoons lye
Naphtha.

In large mason jar added the lye to filtered water.
Added Bark.
Shook and enjoyed "that smell" for a moment.
Added Naphtha
Rolled and turned let settle and repeated.
Took the naphtha layer off and transferred to evap dish.
Added more naphtha
Put this pull in the small mason jar.
Fell asleep waiting on evap. NOTE: Ass soon as the naphtha started evaping it clouded up and was saturated. The volume was too high so I let it continue. I wanted to see if I could do what I used to do with the MHRB and just evap for nice crystals.

When I woke up it was evaporated completely and there were no crystals but a clear goo.
So I added the naphtha from the second pull to the dish and let it evap some.

This was then taken to the freezer. 5 hours later I planed on just taking what had precipitated (nice white crystals floating around in there) and recycling the solvent.
It has been a long time for me and I have done this many times after about 5 hours no problem. I must add this method is all from experience and has worked well before, with MHRB of course.

So I filter the naphtha and go to scoop up the crystals and they turn into a white goo!
Then whats left in the bottom of the glass wont dry either and also is a yellower light yellow white mostly goo.

Let dry for a couple hours bio essay: def DMT. Smell taste feel all dmt.

Something is in that root! Fat or oil or something.
I added more lye to it on the third pull results pending.

I think in a few days when i try again I will use sodium carbonate. Seems like it helps.

I dont know but I wont give up and I will keep posted."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Caducious
#2 Posted : 11/5/2012 3:41:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update.

The goo was dissolved in Isopropyl alcohol and perpermin raspberry and leaves were added. It is now drying.

Third pull is evaping down and will soon be frozen.

Caducious
#3 Posted : 11/5/2012 4:36:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AWESOME UPDATE. btw I will make this all one post when I get done.

So for the third pull I took the yellow naphtha from the first freezer precipitation and added it to third pull and evaped one third of it down. Stuck in freezer and had a light bulb go off. Took out of freezer and added vinegar and stirred then added water and shook. The water vinegar layer turned white the naphtha layer stayed yellow! Sucked up the water layer and repeated once. Added lye AND..... The water smells like spice now!

Yes!

Swinjin
#4 Posted : 11/5/2012 9:56:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Caducious wrote:
AWESOME UPDATE. btw I will make this all one post when I get done.

So for the third pull I took the yellow naphtha from the first freezer precipitation and added it to third pull and evaped one third of it down. Stuck in freezer and had a light bulb go off. Took out of freezer and added vinegar and stirred then added water and shook. The water vinegar layer turned white the naphtha layer stayed yellow! Sucked up the water layer and repeated once. Added lye AND..... The water smells like spice now!

Yes!

Forgive my ignorance, but what do u do now? pull add naptha, separate and freeze?

acacian
#5 Posted : 11/6/2012 5:18:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey mate thanks for posting.. i had similar issues with confusa recently. I think the crystallizing issues might be because of the large percentage of nmt in the extract. I did a very thorough defat but still when freezing the pulls i just kept getting a clear goo falling to the bottom. I even redissolved the goo in shellite, salted and rebased and pulled and it still wouldn't crystaise.

however what did work for me in the end was just evapping and leaving it to sit for days. after 3 days clear needles began forming around the edges, until it all crystallized completely after about 5 days. if the extract contains significant amounts of nmt, which i suspect it probably does.. then it needs time.

oh, and this is an issue for aussie acacia so i assume it may well apply for confusa.... STB doesn't produce good results at all with acacias. go the A/B

Caducious
#6 Posted : 11/6/2012 10:02:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smokey just going to evap to see what that does without freeze this time. All naphtha is gone now. Just a clear goo this time no color in it. And it IS starting to form Xtals very slowly though. I suspected what you said acacian said so Is going to let it keep drying. It does have a slight musty smell too it which is how nmt has been described.

Next extraction still going with STB but adding a washing step with soda ash. The goal is to try to get the stb to work somehow. But after next week going to try q21 and some kind of a/b too.

Will keep updating progress.

The Meddling Monk
#7 Posted : 11/6/2012 11:41:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience also some extracts can take a few days to xtal. try scratching it for a while with a needle. these extracts are still really good in effects.

The Meddling Monk
#8 Posted : 11/7/2012 12:00:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Actually This is from the thread that got me into the Nexus https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=23544&p=2
nen888 wrote:
Quote:
..when mixed with DMT, the two can crystalize together but their respective shapes are skewed or intermingled
..the less NMT, the more easily a mixture will crystalize..mixtures taking a long time to crystalize can be disturbed or scratched with a pin to speed up the process..

Crassty338
#9 Posted : 11/7/2012 12:46:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

STB doesn't work very well for Acacia at all... go with an A/B, or like you said, specifically q21q21's tek. I use that tek with MHRB and Acacia with little problems. The acacia yield does tend to be more on the gooier side than the MHRB (though only a tiny bit) when you scrape it up after freeze precipitating, but a thorough recrystallization with heptane works wonders Smile The MHRB yields are *always* white, and beautiful, no re-x needed (though I do one or two sometimes if I am looking for really nice, big crystals. Good luck!

Caducious
#10 Posted : 11/7/2012 9:38:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya guys. Thanks!

The pull from the last update has started to crystallize a little bit. It is mostly clear goo but seed crystals are growing slowly. I will do the A/B next time. Then when i need more supplies im going with q21.

I will scratch with needle now. Smile

Caducious
#11 Posted : 11/7/2012 10:18:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just want to add those of you who are looking for a mhrb substitute. Confusa is not it. Sorry. It will work, but so will many other plants this one isn't going to replace mhrb completely. If you want some mhrb grow it.

SeekerOfTruths
#12 Posted : 11/7/2012 10:46:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Caducious wrote:
I just want to add those of you who are looking for a mhrb substitute. Confusa is not it. Sorry. It will work, but so will many other plants this one isn't going to replace mhrb completely. If you want some mhrb grow it.

Why do you say this? I've been looking at trying A Confusa for an extraction here soon. As all MH suppliers I know stopped or have started shipping non-root bark. It's not worth throwing money around randomly at vendors hoping to get root, and MHRB can't possibly survive in the climate here so growing is out of the question Sad

Caducious
#13 Posted : 11/7/2012 12:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I say this because it is the truth. Although this plant will work it is not the same. IME.

The way it seems to me is that someone who is trying to get a product that is a little slower to obtain and a little messier, just to use would be happy. But someone who is looking for a super easy way to extract and do dumb things with will be frustrated and disappointed.

Because people who want super easy are the people who screw things up. And A.C. isn't quite the same as MHRB.

SeekerOfTruths
#14 Posted : 11/7/2012 3:44:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Caducious wrote:
I say this because it is the truth. Although this plant will work it is not the same. IME.

The way it seems to me is that someone who is trying to get a product that is a little slower to obtain and a little messier, just to use would be happy. But someone who is looking for a super easy way to extract a something that you could sell easily will be frustrated and disappointed.

I cant grow this plant where i live either. But there are 100's of sources.

Well to start you're not supposed to be selling anything, at least no talk of it. The question here is are the results even feasible? IE separation of NMT and DMT, other alkaloids, are the extracts viable and potent?

It would be helpful if you would expound on why exactly its not a replacement. If it's just because it requires more work but you get a pure product, that's far different then it takes a lot of work, and the product is very impure.

DMT777
#15 Posted : 11/7/2012 6:06:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Stop
Quote:
"No discussion is allowed about selling drugs"

Attitude Page

Leon Trout
#16 Posted : 11/7/2012 8:27:16 PM

when in doubt, twirl

Sick

anyone looking for "a super easy way to extract a something that you could sell easily" is profaning the sacred, and they damn well deserve to be frustrated & disappointed...
spinning a set the stars through which the tattered tales of axis roll about the waxen wind of never set to motion in the unbecoming round about the reason hardly matters nor the wise through which the stars were set in spin...

"Chemistry is applied theology." Augustus Owsley Stanley III

Caducious
#17 Posted : 11/7/2012 11:13:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok woa let me explain myself. >Sad

I dont sell anything. I dont want to. I dont want anyone to do that with anything that we here talk about. I love myself and my family.

I just got concerned. I said what I said for it to say what it meant. Nothing to read into here. I will edit and take the sell out. But I was only saying what I simply said. That any idiot who wants to ruin this plant like they did with others can keep looking. Because it dose not fully replace what has been lost. It takes more time to work with.

Forgive me if I have done something wrong. I guess I can admit that my intentions where laced into my words is bit.

And I cannot be any more clear on why I said its not a replacement. It is not. Once again I will add IME.

It is not the same. In some sense it can replace MH but in that sense allot of things can. But this plant is different and working with it is different.

Now I guess I may have offended some. I am sorry I will learn from my mistakes. But at the same time I feel like I am being bashed.

Please excuse me for any wrong I committed.

Caducious
#18 Posted : 11/7/2012 11:13:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Leon I agree 110%

Caducious
#19 Posted : 11/7/2012 11:41:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So moving on.

Update.

The clear goo finally started to crystallize and slowly continued. In all it seems to take three days. Small clear white crystals. As others have said scratching with a needle helps speed this up.

nen888
#20 Posted : 11/8/2012 4:17:10 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Norman (of His tek) wrote at the Lycaeum [http://forums.lycaeum.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=865bbt3igh5i43i2frjbaumpi4&topic=32562.0]:
Quote:
It's not much of a coincidence that nobody started talking about DMT N oxide until STB teks started to become popular.
Yellow oily extracts are common with STB's - especially from solutions that have sat for awhile and/or are extracted warm. The intense alkalinity of the solution breaks he bark down so far that plant material that would otherwise be insoluble in naptha is extracted. Heat has the same effect.
These plant materials carry with them some of the alkaloids - whatever they may be - that constitute jungle or dark DMT, which is usually only extractable using a wide spectrum solvent like xylene.
When alks of dark DMT and NN DMT are combined, they form a yellow/orange goo that will never solidify. Separate them with heptane and you get crystaline NN and sticky powdery dark.
I'm not saying that none of the yellow found out there is oxide, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of it is simply NN with residual plant matter in it and a smattering of jungle alks.

12NEXT